Career Officer
# 1 The Resurrection of Martok
11-28-2012, 01:00 PM
Would you guys support this in some capacity?

I think it's one of those things that would probably connect Fed-Klingon cooperation without necessitating the total end of the war and could be an epic story.

It seems unfair to me that we never get to see him as Chancellor.
Rihannsu
# 2
11-28-2012, 01:25 PM
If you mean his death was faked and he is secretly alive or in stasis somehow on the verge of death. if its well written and plausible, then yes. i do like martok and i do want to see him again. VO would be amazing too.

if you literally mean bring him back from the dead? then no, not really as thats kind of pushing it and is getting silly.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Captain
# 3
11-28-2012, 01:31 PM
They cloned him.

...Transporter malfunction.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
Career Officer
# 4
11-28-2012, 01:34 PM
Unless you involve time-travel shennanigans having him return in any capacity other than "J'mpok rigged the fight by replacing me with an imposter" would totally ruin his credibility as a warrior, and thus a leader. And even that plot would do severe damage because he's been replaced by changelings before already. If a bog-normal imposter was able to replace him, how long before the Undine get around to it?

There's no possible way he could reassume the chancellorship if you brought him back without using a time travel plot.

On the other hand there are a few ways you could stage a return where he doesn't try to resume the chancellorship, but instead backs somebody new for the challenge.
Career Officer
# 5
11-28-2012, 01:52 PM
Good idea in theory, but Tasha Yar already blew that angle to pieces. Not really dead, only half dead, has a daughter in this timeline as a result of an alternate timeline that no longer exists... (I still don't get how that one works.) Probably best to just let him rest and remember him fondly.

I might could support Drex taking over as Chancellor in his father's place assuming he's no longer the punk he was back when Worf stole his dak'tag (sp?) to get Martok's attention.

Porthos is not amused.
Career Officer
# 6
11-28-2012, 01:53 PM
I read about speculation / hope of Martok being resurrected in relation to the Tasha Yar / Sela Episode that is rumoured to be heading out way. I say speculation, it is pure imagination in the sense that this would be the only way to bring him back; if they alter the timeline (again).

That being said, we're more likely to get Gowron or... K'mpec through this (they're closer to the time).

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegepark2151 View Post
Good idea in theory, but Tasha Yar already blew that angle to pieces. Not really dead, only half dead, has a daughter in this timeline as a result of an alternate timeline that no longer exists... (I still don't get how that one works.)
It's not all that difficult to work out.

Think of it like this: The TNG timeline we know is/was the true one. In that timeline, in the past, the Enterprise-C travelled through a rift in time changing the timeline (Klingons saw the Federation as cowards and went to war with them). Tasha jumped ship, and the Enterprise-C went back to where it came from (with Tasha) and got blew to pieces. Tasha had sexy time with a Romulan and Sela was the offspring, currently residing in the true timeline.

Last edited by flash525; 11-28-2012 at 01:57 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
11-28-2012, 02:41 PM
Maybe there is a SON named Martok born to a mistress and raised in secret

he could arrive at the head of a squadron of ships and challenge for the big chair
Helped by player characters (at Captain rank) to defeat the chancellor (who has always been an undine infiltrator)
Empire Veteran
# 8
11-28-2012, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
If you mean his death was faked and he is secretly alive or in stasis somehow on the verge of death. if its well written and plausible, then yes. i do like martok and i do want to see him again. VO would be amazing too.

if you literally mean bring him back from the dead? then no, not really as thats kind of pushing it and is getting silly.
Agreed, I'd love to have Martok back... he was good for the Empire and well on his way to restoring it's balance as a society and putting the Empire back course.

All that idiot J'mpok has done is to drag things back to the same internal politicking and self centered squabbling that the Duras family exemplified.

Cryptic's storyline had Emperor Khaless leave the Empire to go off on his own stating that he felt that he was no longer needed, have that be a cover story he used to go about the rescue and return of the real Martok.

Long live the Empire!
Career Officer
# 9
11-28-2012, 03:32 PM
Second to Worf, Martok was my favorite Klingon. And love if he was still around.

But I'll be honest, I really don't like the idea of him being brought back from the dead or have a clone. Only plausible excuse I could see him returning is if he was replaced by an Undine. Then again, that would detract from his character since he was already replaced by a Changling. So I hate to see that plot repeated.

That said, I could see JG reprise his role in a series of voiceovers similar to Mr. Nimoy's with the changes in the Empire. Maybe even return as Martok in a recording in some storyline content. And give is another viewpoint of the situation in the Empire between the Destruction of Hobus and his death at the hands of J'mpok. Like revealing his knowledge of some of the Iconian plot and had to not act in order to prepare for war, or some plot by J'mpok that could end the Klingon Empire.
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
11-28-2012, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
They cloned him.

...Transporter malfunction.
This is much better than the zombie idea I came up with.
They cloned Kayless and he is running around.
Why not clone Martok, Kor, Kern, et all?