Starfleet Veteran
I know many of you have made it a lot further than me...

So far I only pugged the mission a handful of times and I always fail at wave 5.

There are what? 5 heavy attack squadrons warping in from all sides?

How do you deal with this?

And while we are at it... can someone break down this mission into strategy per wave?
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
10-30-2012, 01:46 PM
BUMP

I'm actually rather interested in seeing this. I'm told it has a lot to do with repulsors and lots of heals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer
ARC: A way to Redeem Codes
Career Officer
# 3
11-07-2012, 03:34 AM
I'll say straight off the breakdown means absolutely nothing, your team is 'everything'. Pugs at best for me have got to 7 (and that was semi pug) I think and that might have been a one off because since then 5 and rarerly 6 have been the best I've got.

For me I only got to wave 10 by getting 4 highly talented, experienced players who could use TS, bring a workable build that fits the aim of the team and then doing run after run learning as we went and above all else work together as a team.

Only on Monday I helped 3 newer members get to wave 10 and we're always thinking of ways to beat it having had a spell stuck in a rut then people doing other things. Another group also seems to be rolling nws again but back to my original point you need to lose the pug if you want to consistently beat wave 5-6 and have tactics/strategy to overcome them, knowing what 7-10 is like isn't going to help you until you reach them.

I'm being deliberately vague really because there are a number of tactics/strategies we could employ and one may work for some but not others it's not like there is a single way to beat nws. So far no one has beaten wave 10 as far as I know so no one can say 'use this tactic' because at the moment no tactic has beaten wave 10. This may well change so...if we do and stowiki doesn't have a walkthrough then I've been asked to write one.

Last edited by vsilverwings1; 11-07-2012 at 03:41 AM.
Career Officer
# 4
11-22-2012, 08:15 AM
Before this thread gets too old (apologises if that's the case) here's the information you were looking for now that nws has been beaten. I've started work on a stowiki guide which will have all the information on how we beat it.

http://tinyurl.com/nws-basic-guide
Ensign
# 5
12-01-2012, 11:44 PM
I've been working with @SF_Nelson and can reach level 7 consistently. We are equipping tricobalt mines and tcd infusers, laying mines at the instant warp locations.

I am looking for more experienced players to show us the ropes, and it would be great if anyone here can help. Mail me in-game at @emmott