Commander
Just curious if anyone else is doing what I am doing, which is buying up Zen as a way of thanking Cryptic for the first major expansion pack that I have been a part of, and for the free carrier, featured episodes, and return of Worf.
Career Officer
# 2
10-31-2013, 01:53 PM
For this expansion specifically? No. But I do spend around $30 every payday on Zen.
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
10-31-2013, 10:32 PM
There isn't anything I want to buy on the c-store. So... no.

If they offer another gold sub sale I might get it though. I canceled my last sub because money was tight around the next billing date.
Commander
# 4
11-01-2013, 01:53 AM
Lol, these are the forums, only ungrateful tinfoil hat wearing doom-mongers here

But seriously, I have bought a few items with real money which I'm almost certain I wouldn't have done if the game were still how it was around a year ago. Perfect it's not and given the current engine, I doubt it ever will be, but in spite of many issues, it is definitely a bazillion times better than it was at launch. I just hope the game manages to settle into a comfortable spot on the right side of 'the bottom line' and stays there for a very long time.

Wanted: 200,000 Dilithium Special Feature Projects for Romulan skinned Fleet Holdings.
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
11-01-2013, 02:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by feiqa View Post
For this expansion specifically? No. But I do spend around $30 every payday on Zen.
Same here, around 30$ per month for now.
I bought 1000 ZEN yesterday, Criptic was so happy that they gave everybody 500 lobi
Career Officer
# 6
11-02-2013, 07:15 PM
Buys the 28 Eur or the 45 Eur pack almost every month, regardless of the changes.
Career Officer
# 7
11-11-2013, 08:57 PM
Normally I do, But with the latest expansion I have stopped recieving my LTS Stipend, so I stopped buying Zen.. Not buying more Zen til they fix the Stipend issue.

But until this happened, yes, I did pay them back for all their hard work buy buying C-Points/Zen.
Vice Admiral Kheldryn B'ourne-United Federation of Planets-Engineer
"On my planet, we live underground. We're at home in space, Its dark. Let the darkness show us the way."
"I found a bug in Beta, Cryptic squished it. STO Founder and Proud LTS member."
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-11-2013, 10:02 PM
I bought the ds9 bundle with real money recently so all my characters could don the vedek gear. I spent it because I wanted that particular item.

I have more money, I do... but I open the c st0re and can't find anything to buy.
I click all the tabs and stare.

I'm not a ship junkie. I got the doff slots and ec increase. I don't know what to get now!
The only ship I'm remotely interested in is the old Vulcan D'kyr (sp?). I'm not gonna buy it though knowing it's vastly inferior to other choices, that'd be stupid.

So, anything I buy is like donating to charity. If I treat it like giving a donation and getting a coffee mug, or a bottle opener, or a Christmas ornament as a thank you gift, I guess I could spend money.

I'd rather buy maps. Other games have seeded worlds. I'd pay for random collections of stars to explore, colonize (customize), and exploit. Put those artists to work making alien cityscapes and wildernesses that connect to systems I explore and watch me lose money.
"That's fourxgamer. He's not joking. " ... Psycho Landlady

"Oh poo poo I didn't even realize the significance of the name." ...Donny Tryhard.
Captain
# 9
11-12-2013, 03:24 PM
I think I will be buying the new Voth outfit.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Rihannsu
# 10
11-12-2013, 08:25 PM
Yes, when they offer a 15% Zen sale through Paypal, then I buy enough for a few months at one time. Speaking of which, Cryptic, when is the next Zen sale?