Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Captain
Still nothing new to report on Star Wars Episode 7, no director, or any actors named. Just a ton of Rumors so stay tuned for that. But..........

We still might get the spinoffs I talked about earlier.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, previously hired writers Lawrence Kasdan (The Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi) and Simon Kinberg (Sherlock Holmes, X-Men: First Class) might be working on spinoff films as opposed to the Star Wars Episodes: VIII-IX.

That still sounds like great news to me. But what spinoff would work in your mind?

Have a Boba fett Spinoff, even show him escaping the pit of that monsters belly from Return of the Jedi?

or

How about a Force Unleased film, now that would be a great spinoff.

So what would you like to see that's not part of the main film done? Or do you still think it's a bad idea, and just stick with the main film?
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
11-29-2012, 06:55 AM
They should let it die a death no new films

its too late in the day
the star wars fan base are mostly in their 50's now
and frankly most of the important characters are either DEAD or in bath chairs
Captain
# 3
11-29-2012, 09:56 AM
That's not really true sollvax.

Yes, we have a ton of fans in the 40s and 50s, but we have fans under 20 too. My son loves the old star wars films, and he watches clone wars on CN. He's 9 years old BTW. So I think it's safe to say Disney if they do a great job on the new film, will make a killing on the product. I thought of there is only old people who love this brand isn't 100% true. Even if you think mostly means 80% I think your far off the mark on this one.
Captain
# 4
11-29-2012, 09:59 AM
By Sollvax's logic, kill Star Trek too.
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
11-29-2012, 10:04 AM
Trek is different
no one (sane) is trying to make films with the original characters

When this new film is set

Han solo is an Old man
Leia is ancient
Luke is Dead I understand (he refused to be part of the movie according to one source)

The clone wars is not star wars its a cartoon
in the same way TAS is not really Trek
Captain
# 6
11-29-2012, 10:50 AM
The point of The Clone Wars was to show there are younger fans out there, and like my son they love the old movies too. So I wouldn't be quick to discount that fact. They don't care about this is or isn't canon, they just want to see more Star Wars.

Now the cast about someone being to old to play a role, it just depends on what's going on with that role. I am very sure the orginals would love to play a part in the next film, and maybe that's as far as they will go. Mark talk more about it here.

http://www.eonline.com/news/366522/s...luke-skywalker
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
11-29-2012, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkwing43 View Post
The point of The Clone Wars was to show there are younger fans out there, and like my son they love the old movies too. So I wouldn't be quick to discount that fact. They don't care about this is or isn't canon, they just want to see more Star Wars.

Now the cast about someone being to old to play a role, it just depends on what's going on with that role. I am very sure the orginals would love to play a part in the next film, and maybe that's as far as they will go. Mark talk more about it here.

http://www.eonline.com/news/366522/s...luke-skywalker
If you've followed Carrie Fisher in the last few years, she has no interest in playing Leia anymore. She is grateful for having had the opportunity to play the part when she was younger, but doesn't want to 'relive the past'.
Fleet Admiral Joseph D. Ridgeway
The Armada
www.thebikinibottomarmada.com
Original join date: Feb 5, 2010
Twitter: @davejl_99, & @STO_BBArmada
Captain
# 8
11-29-2012, 11:31 AM
If they simply put on film what Lucas's games have contained they won't need new characters or stories, they got at least a dozen in hand NOW.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $30 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Captain
# 9
11-29-2012, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
The clone wars is not star wars its a cartoon
in the same way TAS is not really Trek
If you are referring to canon TAS is canon.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
11-29-2012, 01:07 PM
Argue that out with the guy who says Kirks dad never met anyone

basically its soft shell as opposed to hard shell