Captain
# 51
12-26-2012, 11:09 AM
There is a prompt that reminds you that a project can't be canceled when you select it, that should be good enough, since if you accidentally click the wrong thing then click to confirm it you've made your choice and can't complain it was an accident.
Conversely there is no reason why you shouldn't be able to drop a project, if and only if you haven't contributed any marks or resources to it, but to be honest that level of redundancy shouldn't be necessary if you're paying attention to what you are doing.
If they do allow users to drop projects that are in progress at the very least they should lose the contributed marks, resources and completion time since there are adequate safeguards against accidental choices.
Lieutenant
# 52
12-26-2012, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erei1 View Post
He is talking about reputation in a videogame. Not some horrible crime he commited IRL.
Seriously....

Some projects need a lot to complete, and you need to finish them. Just because you selected the wrong one. And yes, you are being locked out of 1 reputation slot as a result, until you finish the stupid project.

So far I haven't made a mistake with reputation, but it scare me^^
...it takes what, one day and whatever the timer is to remedy the situation? Consider it a lesson in attention to detail. Yeah its a bit depressing when you screw up (accidentally queued up the wrong fleet project the other day. Felt like a total jackass), but you learn from your mistakes and become better for it. Oddly enough, im more lenient with actual criminals since their mistakes follow them long after they redressed the balance
Ignorance is an obstacle not an excuse
Let the stupid suffer
Captain
# 53
12-26-2012, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frontline2042 View Post
You made a mistake, deal with it. Its not like you are being locked out of something as a result. You dont get a full refund when you buy the wrong commodity or a boff/doff for the wrong faction. All your mistake is costing you is time. Deal with it.
It may sound harsh, but I have to agree. Many people have been asking for a way to cancel reputation projects. But, in effect, their already is one. You have to scroll through the projects, then select one, then confirm it. That's at least three steps double clicking twice and using a scroll wheel.

In recruit training one of the mantras taught is "Slow and Steady, Fast is Fatal." Those are words to live by- whether or not you ever actually handle a firearm. It is no ones fault but your own if you've got a hair trigger.
Lieutenant
# 54
12-26-2012, 11:12 AM
Quote:
You made a mistake, deal with it. Its not like you are being locked out of something as a result. You dont get a full refund when you buy the wrong commodity or a boff/doff for the wrong faction. All your mistake is costing you is time. Deal with it.
lol good luck winning this case.
You made a mistake, accept the consequences.
Career Officer
# 55
12-26-2012, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxvitor View Post
There is a prompt that reminds you that a project can't be canceled when you select it, that should be good enough, since if you accidentally click the wrong thing then click to confirm it you've made your choice and can't complain it was an accident.
Conversely there is no reason why you shouldn't be able to drop a project, if and only if you haven't contributed any marks or resources to it, but to be honest that level of redundancy shouldn't be necessary if you're paying attention to what you are doing.
If they do allow users to drop projects that are in progress at the very least they should lose the contributed marks, resources and completion time since there are adequate safeguards against accidental choices.
^^^ This. For personal projects, the opportunity to change the decision should be there. If I found out that I had just started pouring in resources into something that is yet a placeholder... I would surely give a rats a** about loosing some resources, if i could only change my choice into another project.
Vice Admiral Kerayz of the Federation of Misfits.
Lieutenant
# 56
12-26-2012, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
So you support this mechanic that makes money off of simple easy to make mistakes? There is a very specific set of choice words for people like you.
How is cryptic making money off of not letting you cancel a project? It doesnt cost zen to do these projects unless YOU WANT them to via the dilithium exchange. And hell, you could just let that project slot sit there and stare at you. Again, all you lose is TIME.
Let the stupid suffer
Captain
# 57
12-26-2012, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxvitor View Post
I'm fine with that.

Quote:
How is cryptic making money off of not letting you cancel a project? It doesnt cost zen to do these projects unless YOU WANT them to via the dilithium exchange. And hell, you could just let that project slot sit there and stare at you. Again, all you lose is TIME.
And time is money no?
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 58
12-26-2012, 11:21 AM
I was very irritated to find I had started a project that cost -500- marks, when I wasn't interested in grinding for it. Really screwed up my progress for a while until I saved up enough, and destroyed my comfortable 'bank' of marks.

I learned to be more careful... but it doesn't make any real sense why you can't cancel a project you haven't put anything into.
Lieutenant
# 59
12-26-2012, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
And time is money no?
Only if you're getting paid for it.
Let the stupid suffer
Captain
# 60
12-26-2012, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zahinder View Post
I was very irritated to find I had started a project that cost -500- marks, when I wasn't interested in grinding for it. Really screwed up my progress for a while until I saved up enough, and destroyed my comfortable 'bank' of marks.

I learned to be more careful... but it doesn't make any real sense why you can't cancel a project you haven't put anything into.
Even if you have put stuff in it, I would be okay if I lost it. JUST LET ME CANCEL THE DAMN THINGS.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.