Captain
# 1 Regarding necks...
10-21-2014, 12:41 PM
I've just seen the new news item on the 'Vaadwaur Threat' and while the story it gave was interesting, my attention was caught by something else in the article;

The images, specifically those where you can see the wide 'cobra-hood' like necks of the Vaadwaur.

With Vaadwaur NPCs being given necks like those, is it too much to hope that we might soon see a 'Cardassian Revamp' not only of the 'Cardassian Struggle/Dominion Domination' story arc, but perhaps more importantly of the Cardassian character design - both for NPCs and tailor-created 'Cardassian' aliens - to include the distinctive Cardassian necks that have been missing from STO for so long?
----
I'm beginning to think the current 'two seasons a year' set-up needs to be rethought. It just seems to cause incomplete and bug-infested 'seasons' to be pushed out just to meet an artificial summer/winter deadline when many players would be fine getting one 'season' a year if it meant that it would be a really good one...
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-21-2014, 06:03 PM
They will, no doubt, only do such a thing as part of selling playable Cardassians.

....actually, why the hell have they not done that? It's practically free money. ****loads of people would buy a playable Cardassian.
Lieutenant
# 3
10-22-2014, 05:22 AM
Yep, instead of making the new expansion about the poorly reasoned and written delta quadrant stuff from Voyager, they should have centered the new stuff around DS9 and the Gamma Quadrant. Playable Cardassians or liberated Jem-Hadar, or Karemma, or whatever.
Nothing breaks the tension better than a tankard of warnog - except maybe a good brawl...
Career Officer
# 4
10-22-2014, 10:15 AM
As I understood it, there are a lot of Cardassian fans on the dev team and they're still holding out for a chance to do something with more depth for Cardassian toons. (along the lines of the Romulan quasi-faction)
Cryptic Studios Team
# 5
10-22-2014, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbomagnus View Post
I've just seen the new news item on the 'Vaadwaur Threat' and while the story it gave was interesting, my attention was caught by something else in the article;

The images, specifically those where you can see the wide 'cobra-hood' like necks of the Vaadwaur.

With Vaadwaur NPCs being given necks like those, is it too much to hope that we might soon see a 'Cardassian Revamp' not only of the 'Cardassian Struggle/Dominion Domination' story arc, but perhaps more importantly of the Cardassian character design - both for NPCs and tailor-created 'Cardassian' aliens - to include the distinctive Cardassian necks that have been missing from STO for so long?

Cardassians are on the list for updating for sure. But on our current task list, we haven't gotten there. We're still in the midst of updating playable races at the moment. After that, we'll start on NPC-only races for skin options.
Captain
# 6
10-22-2014, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by callevista View Post
Cardassians are on the list for updating for sure. But on our current task list, we haven't gotten there. We're still in the midst of updating playable races at the moment. After that, we'll start on NPC-only races for skin options.
Do you intend to filter that into the character creator for those of us playing Cardassian-alien characters?

BTW, my current "solution" for neck ridges is to take advantage of an optical illusion created by the Dyson researcher jacket's "open" version. While not very pronounced ridges, they do appear to be there.

(On the flip side, this problem with the Cardassians has precluded me from wearing the helmet on my Counter-Command armor. Looks completely and totally wrong on a Cardassian.)

Just as an FYI, my Cardassian is my in-game main and I would NOT roll a new Cardassian toon even if offered due to the tremendous amount of work I would lose. A re-species token for an existing toon, though...that I would do in a heartbeat.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
Delta Rising: Reanimate? (Y/N) Review Series COMPLETE!
Proudly F2P. Sig by gulberat. Avatar by balsavor.deviantart.com