Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Captain
So. I like to use Impulse Capacitance Cell in PvP to escape from sticky situations. This usually includes when I'm hit with slowdowns/plasma, as the cell usually boosts my speed enough to get me out of the immediate combat zone into a potentially safe cloaking environment. In the past, I've had little trouble using Impulse Capacitance Cell to rocket out of the battlezone, even with warp plasma on me. It's saved my fragile BoP's paper-thin hull more than once. I've recently started noticing that Warp Plasma is a little tougher to escape from nowadays. As in, it slows me down enough to where I'm barely limping out of the plasma.

Perhaps it was just something the plasma-happy Feddie used to increase the effectiveness of his plasma? Or has there been a subtle buff of warp plasma/nerf of Impulse Capacitance Cell?

Oh, and I wasn't getting sci-spammed with other slowdowns (Graviton Pulse, chronitons, etc), which is the only other situation I've experienced that can do that to Impulse Capacitance Cell.
Empire Veteran
# 2
11-30-2012, 04:54 PM
theres a doff that can immobilize when you are stuck in the plasma, if something that worked before didn't work that time its proboly why
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 3
11-30-2012, 04:58 PM
there was something a few patches ago which made warp plasma only be cleared once on Hazard emitters, then the debuff stuck to you until Ataatck pattern omega or natural wear off.. was wierd, could be that again?
Captain
# 4
11-30-2012, 05:17 PM
This is most likely the matter-antimatter doff... if it procs I don't think evasive or impulse burst will do much of anything.
Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
Captain
# 5
12-01-2012, 12:11 AM
Yeah, forgot about that doff. Maybe that's what it was. . .I was just assuming that the Impulse cap cell would generally bypass immobilizers unless they were stacked up (say, warp plasma + chronitons + gravitic pulse, or warp plasma + chronitons + Tractor Beam 1-3 with high power). Those will hold pretty much anyone, in my experience.
Captain
# 6
12-01-2012, 03:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingmaster View Post
Yeah, forgot about that doff. Maybe that's what it was. . .I was just assuming that the Impulse cap cell would generally bypass immobilizers unless they were stacked up (say, warp plasma + chronitons + gravitic pulse, or warp plasma + chronitons + Tractor Beam 1-3 with high power). Those will hold pretty much anyone, in my experience.
No if you have a Viral matrix, phaser, or target engines disable you go no where either. Or if your engine power is degraded badly you may not go far.
Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
Captain
# 7
12-01-2012, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
No if you have a Viral matrix, phaser, or target engines disable you go no where either. Or if your engine power is degraded badly you may not go far.
Well, I differentiate between disablers and immobilizers

The effects you mention are more like disablers, whereas warp plasma, chronitons, and whatnot all conspire to slow you down.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-01-2012, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingmaster View Post
Well, I differentiate between disablers and immobilizers

The effects you mention are more like disablers, whereas warp plasma, chronitons, and whatnot all conspire to slow you down.
target engines can also slow you down if it doesnt proc and shut your engines down altogether
Survivor of Romulus
# 9
12-01-2012, 07:49 PM
and then you run into someone like me with Mk XII phasers, Viral Matrix III, AND target Subsystem Engines not to mention the Advanced Danubes... all to keep you where you are so my team can waltz over and pound on you... that and hopefully hold you in place for Dispersal Pattern Beta I and a couple Mk XII Tricobalt mines... it works for me at least I try and work within the synergy of my teammates builds to get the most out of my chosen ship....

so I wait for my team leader to call the target then I hit them with VM III, Target Engines, and send in the Advanced Danubes... subnuc when its called for and DPBI the Trics on my way passed...
Major Xi'Zzin
I.R.W. Raptor's Claw
Storm Eagle Class Warbird Fleet Ha'feh
I have never trusted humans, and I never will

Last edited by andoriansrus; 12-01-2012 at 07:52 PM.