Commander
When having a Klingon character unlocked I got an email that lead me to a guest blog post about the Klingons and in the post a Trill Colony as a member of the Klingon Empire was mentioned.

Obviously this is to explain all Trill Captians in the KDF I've been thinking about how this could have come around and here is my speculation on the matter.

The Orion Sydinate did it.

Okay what I'm thinking is there are probably many rogue Trill like symbiot thieves like Verdan, Exiled Trill lovers, violators of other Trill Taboos, those who wish to do unethical research on symbiots, which means thier would be a huge underground market for Symbiots, both pure and possibly genetically,altered ones. This would be right up the Orion's alley.

To do more then just dabble would require serious resources, inferstructor and an enviroment suitable for the symbiots unique needs for reproduction.

The so as I see it the OS created a colony to for Rogue Trill, both clients, Political objectors and Trill Slaves/Research subjects, a new Trill with fewer ethical constraints.

This research and less than Ethical breeding program, plus Symbiot smuggling and exiled joined Trill would also explain why the Trill serving the KDF have near universal excess to Symbiots.

Naturally when the Klingons absorbed the Orions, they absorbed the Trill Colony too.

Does anyone know anything solid about this colony?
Rihannsu
# 2
12-26-2012, 03:13 PM
Nah, the reason for it is that the Trill want to accumulate a wide variety of experiences for their symbiotes to pass down to future hosts. Let's face it, conversational klingon is a useful skill. So it a working knowledge of KDF ships and gear.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 3
12-26-2012, 03:18 PM
My KDF character is a human (Alien option, obviously), background being a small human colony that joined the Empire.

It's fun to mix things up...
Captain
# 4
12-26-2012, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Nah, the reason for it is ...
... That they were a pre-order bonus of the digital download editions, they were always supposed to be available in both factions or should I say, people complained enough that they open up to the KDF since it was unfair that a retail bonus was limited to Starfleet only.

This is JOINED Trill, normal non-Goa'uld Trill are still Starfleet only.
Captain
# 5
12-26-2012, 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zahinder View Post
My KDF character is a human (Alien option, obviously), background being a small human colony that joined the Empire.

It's fun to mix things up...
I think there are more Human in the KDF than Klingons. A lot of player are using alien->human for KDF, and most of them don't even have an excuse to do so.
Career Officer
# 6
12-26-2012, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erei1 View Post
I think there are more Human in the KDF than Klingons. A lot of player are using alien->human for KDF, and most of them don't even have an excuse to do so.
How do we know they're not just playing 'TOS' Klingons?
Rihannsu
# 7
12-26-2012, 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erei1 View Post
I've also seen a lot of human looking orions....
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 8
12-27-2012, 02:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash525 View Post
How do we know they're not just playing 'TOS' Klingons?
Granted, maybe TOS klingon cosplaying human
Commander
# 9
01-13-2013, 08:04 PM
Not my Orion, He looks like an Orion, he's green, Shoulder Bolts, metal plating on his bald head, and a harem of Orion Bridge officers plus a GIANT Gorn Tac Officer with a Battleth, my head of Security/Enforcer.

As for Joined Trill the whole joining for experience makes no sense. Joran Dax was punished for murder, killing Federation citizens especially Trill was not concidered an,acceptable experience. The Klingons are at war with the Federation, which means those that serve in the KDF are required to kill members of the Federation in battle including Joined Trill.

There no way that would be concidered acceptable experiences for a Joined Trill and the Punishment for Treason is would be exile,which is death for the symboite.

The Klingons having thier own Trill Colony makes more sense. It could have its own pools for Symbiots to breed and live in.

Actually there is some indication that a pre STO Trill Colony could be in Klingon hands already.

I read somewhere that the raw explaination for the odd foreheaded spotless Trill like Odan on TNG is that Klingon Augments landed on a Trill Colony and some how passed on the augment virus/mutation to the Trill there, along I guess Klingon DNA.

The KDF Joined Trill have Spots, which can br explained by the same treatment that restored the Klingon's forehead. So the Klingon Joined Trill could be a race of Trill Augments.

I'll see if I can find the source and provide a link.
Commander
# 10
01-13-2013, 08:46 PM
From Memory Alpha

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Odan

In from the Novel Forged in Fire, not cannon, but STO has used choice elements from the novels before. I haven't read Forged In Fire myself, but I've added it to my must read list now.

This colony could have been absorbed by the Empire instead of remerging with Trill and become a refuge for exiled Trill as a bonus.

I first learned of the Trill Colony from this blog post on the STO site. http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?name=sto-node-3191

I'll see if I can find out more.