Lt. Commander
# 11
11-30-2012, 10:26 AM
What I do not understand is why it must be BOFFS?????

After all that mission is to get DOFFS not BOFFS so who in their right mind remember to screw all the fleets in the game with this brilliant idea?

Just change to DOFFS, and I bet it will work.

BOFFS work in different ways, and I am guessing that is what is causing the problem. Do the BOFF need to join the crew or not? Will it get into the project after joining the crew? Or it stays on the reserves?

From the start the starbase always needed DOFFS, but someone (to not call other thing) decided BOFFS should be used.

Well since this is a specific species missions, ask for tellarite DOFFS, Vulcan, etc.

But quit the dam BOFFS.
SFX Fleet Captain Kar
Lieutenant
# 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by entnx01 View Post
Is there any way we can get the possible fix(es) for this on an emergency basis rather than having to wait a week for a possible fix?
Yes, please!
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by kar1972 View Post
Brandon..... sorry mate... but do you even play the game???

It does not work. It is broken! Ask the devs if they play the dam guy they built!

Just trow a patch and lets wait until the players rage in the forums, then we will know.

Lets have a coffee meanwhile....

Come on.....
Yes, actually, I play the game every day, and have since Closed Beta. Unfortunately (well, really fortunately), the fleet I am in does not have this project stuck, though.

The team will continue investigating and we hope to have resolution to it as soon as possible.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
# 14
11-30-2012, 10:31 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says: "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Empire Veteran
# 15
11-30-2012, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Yes, actually, I play the game every day, and have since Closed Beta. Unfortunately (well, really fortunately), the fleet I am in does not have this project stuck, though.

The team will continue investigating and we hope to have resolution to it as soon as possible.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Borticus responded to this problem last week I believe.
He said he found the problem and the fix was coming.
Handle: @kirian_darkstar
Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries
Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
Lieutenant
# 16
11-30-2012, 10:32 AM
I vote that the dev's provide fleets with a 3rd slot for special projects until they actually do fix this. Or maybe this was a "feature" designed to slow down fleets...
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-30-2012, 10:33 AM
Well lucky you lol.

Saw you deleted my rage post. Ok. No hard feelings. Also sent you a PM (yea I know you do not reply ), but I am right.

It is just frustrating, that we are almost a week delayed in our starbase because of this.

We are a small fleet, and members work a lot for this, even more now that we have the embassy and the rep system. So it is getting harder and harder....

Sorry for my rage..... It is all frustration...

Ok, I'll shut up now, and go grab my rage and kill borg.
SFX Fleet Captain Kar
Lt. Commander
# 18
11-30-2012, 10:39 AM
OH!

I cannot..... because the the boffs are now screwed. All the skills disappear from my tray and they do not show up to drag it again.

Good Patch!
SFX Fleet Captain Kar
Lt. Commander
# 19
11-30-2012, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by entnx01 View Post
Is there any way we can get the possible fix(es) for this on an emergency basis rather than having to wait a week for a possible fix?
They havn't been able to get a fix in for weeks and you expect a quick fix?

Not being able to start a new project FOR WEEKS is horrible and terribly second rate on the devs part.
Empire Veteran
# 20
11-30-2012, 10:48 AM
11-21-2012, 10:32 AM
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1&postcount=39

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I've tracked down the issue at hand. It stems from not all Bridge Officers sharing the same defining config files.

So, while these projects are set up to accept generic Boffs of the associated types, those Boffs are only currently obtained thru receiving a "Failure" outcome on Duty Officer assignments that recruit that species of Boff. The ones purchased at stores, or received from mission completion, are different config files, even though they share the same Display names. Therefore they cannot be used for these projects at this time.

We'll be updating the Projects to accept a wider range of Bridge Officers (hopefully encompassing all possibilities), and should have that fix in next week's patch.
So maybe Borticus didn't get it figured out in time afterall?
Handle: @kirian_darkstar
Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries
Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...