Lt. Commander
# 1 Peanut Labs Surveys
11-09-2012, 08:08 AM
I, like so many other people, don't have the money to be spending on Zen to buy things that only exist in a digital world. So when I see something that says to answer a few questions and I'll get free Zen, of course I'll take a look. Recently, I saw a survey that offered 534 Zen. I clicked on it, met the qualifications, took the survey, got the thank you message at the end, and nothing. The Peanut Labs message tells me that I have earned 0 Zen. So I just wanted to let everyone here know to not waste your time with this scam.
Captain
# 2
11-09-2012, 08:14 AM
not a scam, I earned 3,643 from doing several surveys.

I even did the Netflix trial since It gave me 1,200 zen

you just have to weed through some of the s****y ones once in a while.

also to let people know, if you do one and you get Zen, it goes to your PWE account where you can transfer it to STO it does not insta deposit to STO.
Career Officer
# 3
11-09-2012, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dm19delta View Post
I, like so many other people, don't have the money to be spending on Zen to buy things that only exist in a digital world. So when I see something that says to answer a few questions and I'll get free Zen, of course I'll take a look. Recently, I saw a survey that offered 534 Zen. I clicked on it, met the qualifications, took the survey, got the thank you message at the end, and nothing. The Peanut Labs message tells me that I have earned 0 Zen. So I just wanted to let everyone here know to not waste your time with this scam.
Any question in the survey can disqualify you. Even ten minutes in.

It's not scams. The surveys are looking for very specific kinds of people.

I've probably made $50 in ZEN from them.
Career Officer
# 4
11-09-2012, 08:45 AM
I've been doing the Zen survey for about two months now, and have gotten over 5000 zen in total. I've bought keys, costume packs, character slots. Now I'm working on pooling it together for the Vesta triple pack.

Yes, there are some that disqualify you off the bat.
There are some that disqualify you halfway through, I was even disqualified on one that lasted 20 minutes, and cut out at 95%.

I also got some that bombed out, didn't disqualify me, just ran into an error on the page.
There is a link in the top right hand corner of the white survey sub-window, that says "Need Help?", click it, and select the My Zen Rewards tab, you will see all your survey.

If somethign breaks, there is a contact us link to the right of the survey that allows you to send an email to Peanut Labs.
I've had a few that break in the middle, contacted and they have fixed the problem within 24 hours.

There are even some that have broken links, I've seen a 123 Zen survey for the last two months that doesn't open anything. Just has a Javascript (0) message at the bottom of the window.

My advice, be persistent, but at the same time be patient. they do work.

And as someone posted above stated, when you do get rewarded, it goes to your PW wallet. If have to go to the top of the page, go to My Account. click on My Wallet, and then transfer the Zen to STO, Holodeck, and choose the amount.
Career Officer
# 5
11-09-2012, 09:21 AM
I am surprised to read it is not scam. I mean - peanut lab surveys for a Sci-Fi game sounds as Trojan-laden as possible.

What are answers that dis/qualify you? Any tips? With the positive results I read here, I might try it.
Leipzig University, 1409-2409
Career Officer
# 6
11-09-2012, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woerligen View Post
I am surprised to read it is not scam. I mean - peanut lab surveys for a Sci-Fi game sounds as Trojan-laden as possible.

What are answers that dis/qualify you? Any tips? With the positive results I read here, I might try it.
I don't know if I can provide insight in questions specifically that disqualify, but this is something that I noticed...

Some surveys will throw a question at you like "Click the number 3 to proceed", that way they can see if you are paying attention.

Also, I've noticed that some surveys will ask certain question multiple times, I presume to catch you, they may ask you like how many times did you do something.

Then further into the survey, they'll ask you again to see if you paying attention. And if the numbers don't match, disqualify.

I got caught a couple of times with this, sneaky and clever, because they usually will ask you the first time at the beginning, and then again towards the end.

Oh, another catch that I've seen. There are text boxes in some survey that require to type something in. Like why you did / didn't like something. And will not let proceed until you put something in.

So if you think that you're going to breeze through these things by clicking randomly and inserting jumbled text, it won't work.

Now, don't get me wrong, you can do them without giving away too much, but you do have to pay attention to what you are doing. These folks are completely stupid when they designed the surveys. It only requires a little bit of thought.

Other than that, and again be persistent and patient. I really can't stress this enough. They will come, you can even get some niced rewards. I've seen 300+ Zen survey being offered.

As a further example, yesterday, I completed surveys worth 700+ zen in one day.

Oh, and one more thing, I would stay away from the offers. They will either ask for personal info, like address, Social Security number and things like that. Most of them require you to download software to collect the Zen. these are going to be fraught with danger. Unless you have an air-tight AV setup or are using a machine that you don't mind getting bombed, go for it. Otherwise stick to the free surveys. The most they as for is country, state, and zip code.

Happy hunting.

Last edited by rifter1969; 11-09-2012 at 10:19 AM.
Ensign
# 7
11-09-2012, 11:18 AM
I've noticed with some of these, that you need to be at least a casual drinker to qualify for them. I shouldn't have quit drinking a year and a half ago lol.

So far the surveys that do not relate to alcohol, have rewarded me with some zen.
In game, I'm @Meteon
Career Officer
# 8
11-09-2012, 04:23 PM
I just wanted to post one other item...

I did surveys today, and only got about 196 Zen out of them. Today was a day that the disqualifies outnumber the qualifies.

So, it wasn't the monster rewards day, but they happen.

Just want everyone to know, that it can be a feast or famine type of thing...
Captain
# 9
11-10-2012, 04:45 AM
The European partner (sponsorpay) doesn't pay up voluntarily too often and lots of times they don't pay out the promised sum. After talking to a representative of the local consumer assistance office (Verbraucherschutz in Germany) they mentioned that it would be very common for those kind of companies to hold back payments, since they were counting on people not going through the trouble to complain.

Document the surveys you take. Note when you took it (date & time) and the name of the survey.Take screenshots of the promised sum of Zens, the final page of the survey (the one thanking you for your contribution) and also of your brower history, listing the urls of every page of the survey. If they don't pay up.: file a complaint with sponsorpay/peanut labs and include those screenshots.

I file them every time they don't pay up or don't reward the right sum and so far they eventually paid up.
Career Officer
# 10
11-12-2012, 09:03 PM
Despite the successes I've heard of people having with the surveys, I've personally been disqualified from over 90% of them and then did not receive the promised Zen for my Netflix trial. These things are just too much hassle and unreliable. In total I've made about 200 zen over the course of 100+ survey tries. From my standpoint, it's simply a waste of time.
Closed Thread