Lt. Commander
# 1 Deflector weapon?
11-30-2012, 03:45 PM
Can a ship be equipped with a deflector weapon of some kind? Maybe have a huge beam of something extra powerful enough to take down a Borg cube in one shot? Maybe have the cooldown an hour or a day or something.
Empire Veteran
# 2
11-30-2012, 09:39 PM
Captain
# 3
11-30-2012, 10:44 PM
The Aventine variant of the Vesta gets the Quantum Field Focus Phaser, which is basically a phaser lance fired from the deflector.
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
12-01-2012, 03:26 AM
kill a borg cube in one shot? only if it had a 24 hour cooldown that only goes down when your in space missions.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.
Empire Veteran
# 5
12-01-2012, 09:40 AM
Me-thinks somebody's been watching The Doctor's daydreams again. Sorry, but no Photonic Cannon is in this game.

But pretty much all that stuff the others have posted cover it pretty well.

Starfleet Veteran
# 6
12-01-2012, 09:43 AM
Several KDF console ships have various deflector attacks. Isometric charge and one other I'm forgetting have been made available cross-faction through lockboxes.

There's a good rule of thumb to remember when talking about an overpowered attack though: Cooldowns balance strong powers, not I-win buttons.
Captain
# 7
12-01-2012, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
Me-thinks somebody's been watching The Doctor's daydreams again. Sorry, but no (Takes a heroic stance) "PHOTONIC CANNON" is in this game.

But pretty much all that stuff the others have posted cover it pretty well.
Sorry... but you just can't say that without taking a heroic stance...

But really... That "sorry but no <item/skill/ability/service> in this game" only holds untill cryptic sees a oppertunity for money... If they could put the Millenium falcon in here, they would, as long as they can make $$$ off it...

I mean.. we got lightsabers last year.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Captain
# 8
12-01-2012, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
Several KDF console ships have various deflector attacks. Isometric charge and one other I'm forgetting have been made available cross-faction through lockboxes.
Graviton Pulse is the one you're probably thinking of. There's also Gravimetric Charge, but I don't know if that's a deflector attack... I just know it's ridiculously annoying.
Empire Veteran
# 9
12-01-2012, 03:57 PM
Also if you want to "one hit" borg cubes, run dispersal pattern beta 3 with tric mines. Our record for blowing up cubes is less than a minute of starting CSE.
I drink, I vote, and I PvP!