Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 1 Season 7 Dev Blog #22
11-28-2012, 01:00 PM
Lead Content Designer Scott "Goatshark" Shicoff shares details about the eleventh Starbase Featured Project in this entry of the Season 7 News Dev Blog series.

Link to the blog.
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Commander
# 2
11-28-2012, 01:07 PM
This is what I'm waiting for!
The Average PvP player

1) Teamwork and timing is #1
2) You cannot "Kirk It" in every ship
3) You are going to die, just get back up
Career Officer
# 3
11-28-2012, 01:11 PM
[Combat (Fleet)] Cryptic Crits (200000) Dilithium to Small Fleets with Starbase Featured Project

Kidding aside, while many of these do look nice I still maintain that 200,000 dilithium is a very steep price for just a cosmetic upgrade that players should be able to do themselves with their fleet bases.

Will future fleet projects have say a utility to them (i.e. bloodwine toast, wandering NPCs etc...) or are they just going to remain cosmetic?

Will we ever have the ability to customize our starbase interiors or will every fleet's look exactly the same?

Will the prices of these featured projects be reduced, especially since you are hitting us with multiple ones now?

I mean when you break these down into what Zen costs (I know the market fluctuates) this comes to a cash equivalent of ~$13.00 bucks per fleet. No matter how you get the dilithium (grinded for time or purchased) or how many people contribute (10 or 100) it still holds the same approximate cash value per fleet. To me, "decorations" do not really provide much value.

Last edited by commodoreshrvk; 11-28-2012 at 01:14 PM.
Career Officer
# 4
11-28-2012, 01:22 PM
Captain
# 5
11-28-2012, 01:25 PM
"Klingons will acquire weapon trophies, a floor logo and a special wall mural, while mannequins displaying historical uniforms will appear for members of Starfleet."

so starfleet will get dolls, and KDF the cool stuff?
Career Officer
# 6
11-28-2012, 01:32 PM
What about the uniform that the crew of the Kelvin is seen wearing in the last Star Trek movie? It's canon in the prime universe since they were wearing it before the timeline split.
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
11-28-2012, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by odyssey47 View Post
What about the uniform that the crew of the Kelvin is seen wearing in the last Star Trek movie? It's canon in the prime universe since they were wearing it before the timeline split.
Anything from the 2009 movie is "off limits" even if it happened before the timeline split. Cryptic has license to all (sorry, mostly all) "CBS" Star Trek assets which includes everything from the TOS through Nemesis (little fuzzy on TAS).

Anything from the 2009 Star Trek movie and the one coming next year are property of "Paramount" and therefore, Cryptic doesn't have the license for it.
Matt Miracle

Fleet Commander in Chief for Covenant of Honor [FED] (formerly Task Force A.W.O.L.)
House Leader for Honorable House or Mor'gue [KDF]
Career Officer
# 8
11-28-2012, 01:41 PM
All the movies are property of Paramount as far as I understand it. Also considering the game is following the Romulus blowing up story in the last Star Trek movie as well as having a Quinto voiceover, it doesn't seem like the last movie is off limits.
Captain
# 9
11-28-2012, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by odyssey47 View Post
Canon, but perhaps not licensed.
Captain
# 10
11-28-2012, 01:52 PM
I think that eventually all SB's will need an intervention from one of those hoarding shows. We'll have to clear a footpath from the transporter pad to the ship vendor every time we beam in because every square inch will be covered with art, dog pets, mannequins, blob pets, flying pets, ship models, dance floors, funiture, knick-knacks, chochskis, orion girls, memorabilia, trophies, large hypo stacks, statues, self-sealing stem bolts, gold pressed latinum piles, tribbles...