Career Officer
# 61
12-02-2012, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
Basically correct, but the Vesta cannon is a console, and the Spinal Lance only has a 3-minute cool down.
Thanks for the correction. Even 3 minutes is to long of a cool down with the current damage output of the spinal lance though.
Empire Veteran
# 62
12-02-2012, 05:10 PM
I actually enjoy the dreadnought and can get quite a bit out of her. Like her better than the assault cruiser refit.

A HUGE thank you to Cryptic for the Mogh-class battle cruiser!
Captain
# 63
12-02-2012, 08:47 PM
Realistic enhancements that I would like to see for a Fleet Galaxy Dreadnaught:

BOFF layout changed to Cmdr Engineering, Lt Cmdr Universal, Lt. Science, Lt. Tactical, Ensign Universal. (i.e. guaranteed Lt. level power for everything, and choose your own Lt. Cmdr.)

4th Tac console (as the "bonus" 10th console).

Saucer Separation with the wide-beam shorter-range mode for the Phaser Lance.

Shield multiplier increased from 1.0 to 1.10 (most Fleet ships get a boost of 0.10 over their non-Fleet versions).

Semi-unrealistic enhancements that I would like to see:

Increase the base turn rate from 6 to 8--that third warp nacelle ought to count for something in the engine department after all.

Make the Phaser Lance boostable with Beam Overload (AFAIK currently it is boosted only by things that boost ALL Phaser attacks)
How many Starfleet Engineers does it take to exchange an Anti-positronic Photon Emitter?
Ensign
# 64 Fleet Version!
12-02-2012, 09:11 PM
For many reasons, this is a great ship. It is a very customized feeling cruiser, in that it has a wider range of abilities compared to the standard tank (e.g. cloak, cannons, lance).

I am glad to see it being promoted once again, as it seemed to be forgotten somewhat after the odyssey came out.

Granted, the lance could use some more power, and the engine power/turn rate might be better if increased (consider the 3rd nacelle), I still find this ship very sturdy and versatile.

Of all my concerns of this ship, I would love to see a Fleet version available. An elite version of the Galaxy Dreadnought only purchaseable by say, Tier 5 fleet starbase members. I would suggest improving the lance significantly on this version, and improve the cloak to a battle-cloak [yes, it would be nice to cloak whenever, not wait till the red alert stands down...] Additionally, adding a saucer separation would be neat, as its predecessor (the 1st Enterprise D) had it built in standard. Finally, Increase the crew overall. It is a big ship with near the HP of the Odyssey. There is little reason for it to have a mere 1k crew when it could get away with maybe 1,500 or even 1,750. This would allow for faster repair rate and overall (slightly) better performance.

Lets get a Fleet version rolling, PW!