Lt. Commander
# 91
04-10-2013, 08:59 PM
I thought the jupiter uniforms were supposed to be the new default?

That's what I wear anyways. ToK were my fav and I feel the Jupiter uniforms are the modern version of those.
Career Officer
# 92
04-10-2013, 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artan42 View Post
They look good, and it may encourage people to buy them.
I'd like to see an even more tailored down Odyssey made free so everyone can have A version and then have fancier variants at higher starbase tiers, maybe with function-oriented versions at holdings.

Maybe the free version would be missing the chest stripe. Department colored yoke. Black top. No stripe. Might also be nice to see a proper Odyssey badge. I think a delta with flat sides rather than the etched look would be good. Basically, the TNG movie badge without the bar behind it.

So you'd have, say...

Odyssey Labcoat at max Science. (Odyssey TNG Dr. Crusher style)
Odyssey Rolled Up Sleeves and Toolkit at max Engineering. (Odyssey DS9 O'Brien style)
Odyssey Station Security. (Based on the Station Security goalie look from the TOS films.)
Odyssey Dress at max Diplomacy. (First Contact Diplomacy crossed with Odyssey)
Odyssey Short Sleeve at max Recruitment. (Based on the TMP Kirk short sleeve look.)

For Klingons, variants with different trim styles and capes.

For the C-Store, Odyssey executive jacket and Odyssey unzipped.

And maybe an accolade for completing all mission fronts that awards an Odyssey Admiral ala the DS9 admiral. Klingon side a special baldric. Romulan side a special helmet.
Lt. Commander
# 93
04-10-2013, 11:14 PM
Starfleet was moving towards a full piece jumpsuit style after TOS, and the game should have continued the trend. Instead we got all kinds of bizarre designs and full metal body armors that looks straight up goofy...these need to be removed from all the NPCs in the game. It hurts the Trek feel and image of the game and Starfleet for that matter. Put the NPCs in real color coded Odyssey uniforms to bring the Trek back into the game, cause right now it feels like a freaking carnival.
Republic Veteran
# 94
04-10-2013, 11:59 PM
Early TNG and DS9 uniforms were one piece. Later TNG and DS9 plus VOY uniforms were 2-3 pieces.
If you believe the sky is the limit, you are aiming too low. We must reach beyond the stars - Ambassador Otungku
Captain
# 95
04-11-2013, 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
I'd like to see an even more tailored down Odyssey made free so everyone can have A version and then have fancier variants at higher starbase tiers, maybe with function-oriented versions at holdings.

Maybe the free version would be missing the chest stripe. Department colored yoke. Black top. No stripe. Might also be nice to see a proper Odyssey badge. I think a delta with flat sides rather than the etched look would be good. Basically, the TNG movie badge without the bar behind it.

So you'd have, say...

Odyssey Labcoat at max Science. (Odyssey TNG Dr. Crusher style)
Odyssey Rolled Up Sleeves and Toolkit at max Engineering. (Odyssey DS9 O'Brien style)
Odyssey Station Security. (Based on the Station Security goalie look from the TOS films.)
Odyssey Dress at max Diplomacy. (First Contact Diplomacy crossed with Odyssey)
Odyssey Short Sleeve at max Recruitment. (Based on the TMP Kirk short sleeve look.)

For Klingons, variants with different trim styles and capes.

For the C-Store, Odyssey executive jacket and Odyssey unzipped.

And maybe an accolade for completing all mission fronts that awards an Odyssey Admiral ala the DS9 admiral. Klingon side a special baldric. Romulan side a special helmet.
I would love to see the Odyssey labcoat, Admiral's jacket and the dress style made to match the current odyssesy uniform from the fleet tailor as well as an Odyssey skirt and taller boots for females. This uniform should be taken all the way.
Captain
# 96
04-11-2013, 05:08 AM
At this point almost anything would be better then those place holder uniforms form 2010.
I beam onto my ship almost every day and ... /shrudder/
STO will be out of Beta in another 2-4 years ???
... you know after another 3 story arc remasters, crafting revamp, skills revamp, PVP upgrade ...
*note : the 2-4 year guesstimate came out of comparing Cryptic's Dev speed and that of a snail . Sadly the snail won .
Career Officer
# 97
04-11-2013, 05:14 AM
I like this idea very much... dunno how hard it is to code, or better question, how much value is there for them to do it for investing man hour in such a project? Unless it's a "button" you can purchase at the C-store...

SERVER NOT RESPONDING (1701s)
Career Officer
# 98
04-11-2013, 05:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
I only buy uniforms for my characters because you have to look at them. There's no value if you can opt out of seeing them.
There is value for me. Sorry for saying so, but the Pink/Yellow/Purple some folks use isn't exactly a pleasing color combo IMO. I would welcome any option to prevent me from having to see it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Anyone calling Valoreah a "Cryptic fanboy" must be new to the forum.
Captain
# 99
04-11-2013, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amayakitsune View Post
I would love to see the Odyssey labcoat, Admiral's jacket and the dress style made to match the current odyssesy uniform from the fleet tailor as well as an Odyssey skirt and taller boots for females. This uniform should be taken all the way.
Hear hear!!!
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Career Officer
# 100
04-11-2013, 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
I'll admit: that, more than anything else today, truly surprised me.

And while I see where you're coming from, this only affects NPC's, not your own character or anyone else's player characters. What you wear (bought or not) is your business

It definitely has roleplay value, I think.
I think if it were possible to code this NPC change just from the individual player's perspective, then I'd not only love it, but suggest it for the ship's interior NPC's as well. I can control my BOFFs but I envision that when the Romulans are released, and I tour my ships interior, there will be at least one NPC who's bald and has a tribal tattoo running the whole length of its face.