Captain
# 51
02-26-2013, 05:51 PM
I just wish there were different templates/styles for ship crew..

KDF have it the worst when you've got Orion slave ships with Klingon Interiors and all flavors of KDF marching about..
Lieutenant
# 52
02-26-2013, 06:17 PM
Shouldn't the "All Good Things" uniform technically be the proper uniform that NPCs should be wearing? I think it'd be really nice to have all the NPCs dressed in the AGT uniform, and obviously allow player captains to dress the way they want, because this is, after all, an MMO. Plus I can't remember the last time I saw someone wearing the AGT uniform, so it doesn't lose any of its "show-offyness".
Captain
# 53
02-26-2013, 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabytrek View Post
Shouldn't the "All Good Things" uniform technically be the proper uniform that NPCs should be wearing? I think it'd be really nice to have all the NPCs dressed in the AGT uniform, and obviously allow player captains to dress the way they want, because this is, after all, an MMO. Plus I can't remember the last time I saw someone wearing the AGT uniform, so it doesn't lose any of its "show-offyness".
AGT uniform doesn't look very good (Waist high pants? Huh?), and the Odyssey and Academy Uniforms take all the best things about the AGT anyway.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg
Career Officer
# 54
02-26-2013, 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cormoran View Post
It'd be client-side just like the NPC option. You wouldn't see what others wanted you to see, you'd see what you wanted to see. I'd get my version of canon, you'd get yours, the game would actually look it represents the universe it's meant to portray.

You currently have the ability to dictate your opinion on what I see, even if i think you should have no right to, why can't I have the option to change that atleast for myself?
works for me id have everyone wearing the TMP uniform
Career Officer
# 55
02-26-2013, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleohnine View Post
At first I was a believer in there can be only ONE uniform style at one time for Starfleet. But then I got to thinking the other day, the TNG crew had the TNG style uniform on and kept it for several more months or years even after they visited DS9 and they were already wearing the DS9 style. So, since you had two crews wearing two different styles at one time (as opposed to Starfleet issuing an order as of stardate yada yada ALL personal must IMMEDIATELY start wearing such and such style) perhaps that gives canon approval to the uniforms being worn as being Captain's prerogative.

My first and third toons wear Odyssey uniforms, my women captains wear the GI Joe scheme (which is everyone looking badass in their own different styles) or the Star Trek Insurrection uniform style (since I felt I needed one crew still rocking those)

So, as a guy who leans more heavily towards canon approval, I guess for me I can justify every Captain in Starfleet in game wearing their own styles for their crew since we saw it done as TNG and DS9 shows overlapped for a bit there.
better explantion.

Dress Uniform
TNG Uniform = Class A
VOY Uniform = Class B

Picard just prefered the more formal look, and the captian could decide what uniform was standard duty on there ships
Career Officer
# 56
02-26-2013, 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
There is value in it for you if you can see them. Since it's you that spent the money on them, isn't that what's important?
I wouldn't spend money on things if they were just for me to look at. At least not at the prices available.

I have enough know how to mod the game client if it was just about what I see. Or I could play a single player game and mod it to my preferences. I buy uniforms because I want to be seen wearing them.
Career Officer
# 57
02-26-2013, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprcheese View Post
Cryptic could fairly easily let the user choose a uniform that all NPCs should wear. In fact, every NPC in the game could be customized as the user desires, and it would only show up on his or her client (i.e. an NPC could wear the Odyssey uniform on one fellow's screen but on another fellow's screen the same NPC could wear the TNG Movie uniform). This is, in fact, already possible using unofficial mods, all Cryptic would have to do is allow them (quasi-)officially... but of course, they may want to implement their own system to do it instead.
I've said before (and disagreed with Thomas on this, who held the reverse position) that I think all junior officer NPCs should be totally uniform whereas Lt's and above have custom uniforms, which would make important NPCs stand out. (In my mind, that's basically how the TOS movies were. The crewmen were totally uniform whereas Kirk/Scotty/McCoy appeared in weird variants or civilian clothes more often than they wore standard uniforms.)

Thomas' take was that he'd prefer officers wear the Odyssey uniforms and all junior officers wear the random hodge podges, skewing towards a couple of the basic uniforms.
Career Officer
# 58
02-26-2013, 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
AGT uniform doesn't look very good (Waist high pants? Huh?), and the Odyssey and Academy Uniforms take all the best things about the AGT anyway.
AGT seems to be purposefully designed to make the actors look older.

Personally, though, I've discovered that the Odyssey uniforms with an AGT-themed color palette look incredible.
Lt. Commander
# 59
02-26-2013, 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
I've said before (and disagreed with Thomas on this, who held the reverse position) that I think all junior officer NPCs should be totally uniform whereas Lt's and above have custom uniforms, which would make important NPCs stand out. (In my mind, that's basically how the TOS movies were. The crewmen were totally uniform whereas Kirk/Scotty/McCoy appeared in weird variants or civilian clothes more often than they wore standard uniforms.)

Thomas' take was that he'd prefer officers wear the Odyssey uniforms and all junior officers wear the random hodge podges, skewing towards a couple of the basic uniforms.
Both of your preferences could be accommodated by making client-side mods. Likewise, if Cryptic wanted to implement something officially, they could accommodate both preferences.
Captain
# 60
02-26-2013, 08:11 PM
I'd personally prefer if the Star Trek: Countdown uniforms (apparently used in STO's Alpha) were the default, but that's just me.

Game features I'd like to see improved / expanded: Better Ship Interiors // BOff Costume Slots