Captain
# 11
12-01-2012, 05:58 AM
Umm, there was validity in the initial complaint that they took away dilithium from STFs. Now I'm earning MORE dilithium running them than I ever did before. Not really complaining, but the dilithium exchange values seem to have crashed as a result.

Last edited by tc10b; 12-01-2012 at 07:10 AM.
Captain
# 12
12-01-2012, 06:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momaw View Post
So....

960 dil for completion
600 dil from marks conversion (minimum)
200 dil from BNP conversion (minimum)
= 1,760 dil per mission (minimum)

And that's being screwed?

Personally I say leave it alone, it's a suitable amount now.
^this, c'mon guys
| CSI - Confederazione Stellare Italiana | @NandoPC |
Captain
# 13
12-01-2012, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djf021 View Post
Wow...just wow. This was not at all the point of my post. I can see the two different projects in front of me. They are unbalanced. Pure and simple. I'm not "complaining", I'm simply pointing out that one project gives me at least twice as much dilithium for the same amount of work than the other project. It was a simple idea that makes logical sense, given what I see when comparing the two projects, and considering that I wasn't the one who decided to GIVE us the conversion projects. But if they are going to give them to us (and yes, I'm thankful) I'm simply suggesting they equal the two out. Geez, at least I'm not here whinning because I don't have a certain ship to play with, or because the latest ship release is not good enough in some way, or because I think Klingons are OP, etc, etc, etc.

I've said what's on my mind.
Quite simply, they are not for the same amount of work. You need to run STFs on elite in order to get BNP. You can get marks in all sorts of ways. So in actuality the marks one represents better time for reward balance.

I think the other factors of project time and reputation points value are what need to be addressed in order to make it more viable.

P.S. If you are to talk about logical sense, it makes no logical sense to insult people in order to try to make them sympathetic to your idea.
Commander
# 14
12-01-2012, 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc10b View Post
Quite simply, they are not for the same amount of work. You need to run STFs on elite in order to get BNP. You can get marks in all sorts of ways. So in actuality the marks one represents better time for reward balance.

I think the other factors of project time and reputation points value are what need to be addressed in order to make it more viable.

P.S. If you are to talk about logical sense, it makes no logical sense to insult people in order to try to make them sympathetic to your idea.
^Reality check point taken, and I thank you. However it was not my intention to insult anyone, I was just trying to point out that there are a lot of complaints on this forum that seem a lot more silly to me than simply equaling out two project values. And I'm not trying to be greedy here. Sure, technically my request would involve getting me more dilithium per Neural processor, but what I'm really talking about is equaling the projects out so I have equal motivation to run both of them, that's all.
You're right that ELITE STFs have to be run to get BNP, but I'm not sure I understand how that disproves what I'm saying. Yes, the marks project represents better reward for your time, as you said. That's precicely my point. I'm just talking about the trading projects, not the built in reward, as follows:

I just look at the two projects and think, "wow, I've got 50 omega marks which I got for ONE Elite STF run with marks to spare, and I can trade them for 500 dilithium. Awesome! Or I can trade 5 BNP which it took me FIVE times the amount of Elite STF runs to save, for only twice the amount of dilithium, or 1,000. Not so awesome, as it took a lot more work to get those 5 BNP. I'm just saying I'm always gonna choose the Omega marks project because they are unbalanced.
Hopefully that makes more sense and I did not intend to insult anyone. Just felt my point was being totally misconstrued as a complaint when it was simply meant as a suggestion.
Rihannsu
# 15
12-01-2012, 08:07 AM
The BNP dilithium conversion has the same exchange rate as EDCs used to, 5 eSTFs for 1000 dil.
Empire Veteran
# 16
12-01-2012, 08:28 AM
Quote:
So....

960 dil for completion

*cough* 500 for mark conversion, so the total is 1,660.

Commander
# 17
12-01-2012, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpangel View Post
The BNP dilithium conversion has the same exchange rate as EDCs used to, 5 eSTFs for 1000 dil.
Gotta hand it to you, that's a good point.
I still say though, all I'm trying to do is even out the two trade projects, I'm not necessarily trying to get more dilithium.

To everyone, thanks for the responses. I thought this idea would make sense to more people, but I stand corrected lol.
Career Officer
# 18
12-01-2012, 11:50 AM
Quote:
So....

960 dil for completion

I agree, I think we are doing at least as well, if not better than before.
Career Officer
# 19
12-02-2012, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
*cough* 500 for mark conversion, so the total is 1,660.
You get at least 60 Omega-Marks, but you only trade 50 Omega-Marks for 500 Dilithium, so 600 is correct (if you did 5 runs you would have got at least 300 Omega-Marks = 3k Dilithium).

What we really need is a bigger version of the conversion-projects... Has anybody tried to trade in 6300 Omega-Marks?!? Let's do a little math on this:
6300 Omega-Marks = 126x 50 Omega-Marks
126 x 15 seconds = 1890 seconds

since 3600 seconds equal 1 hour, this is more then 1/2 hour click-fest! We need a version that is 10 or 100 times as big as the current 50-Marks-Version.
First one half of the so called Community complains: "Give us instant access to all veteran rewards, for going lifetime.", then the other half of the same Community complains: "I've earned 1000 Day membership, I want a special reward.".
Stop complaining, if it is enough for you, you could have the "Captains Table" for the real veterans, I don't want access to another dead social zone...
Captain
# 20
12-02-2012, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by torsten1009 View Post
You get at least 60 Omega-Marks, but you only trade 50 Omega-Marks for 500 Dilithium, so 600 is correct (if you did 5 runs you would have got at least 300 Omega-Marks = 3k Dilithium).

What we really need is a bigger version of the conversion-projects... Has anybody tried to trade in 6300 Omega-Marks?!? Let's do a little math on this:
6300 Omega-Marks = 126x 50 Omega-Marks
126 x 15 seconds = 1890 seconds

since 3600 seconds equal 1 hour, this is more then 1/2 hour click-fest! We need a version that is 10 or 100 times as big as the current 50-Marks-Version.
Considering that you can only refine 8,000 dilithium per day, then you can only refine 800 Omega Marks per day. That much can be refined in 4 minutes.