Career Officer
# 1 Fighter Count
12-01-2012, 10:02 AM
Can we get an icon that notes the number and type of small craft that we release from our hangers? They all have a limit of how many can be active at a time but I can't tell how many I do have active.

This is particularly important for consumable fighters where I may already have 6 active but can't tell so I burn another squadran when I didn't need too. But also with Hanger ships as when you have your limit engaged in the fight you loose some firepower by "resetting" them with a new launch.

It would just be really nice to be able to note how many small craft I have active at a time so I can decide when I need to launch a new squadran.
Captain
# 2
12-01-2012, 01:54 PM
For a hybrid-carrier, like the Vesta I captain, I simply have the UI set up so I can see friendly pets/mines Health and Name at all times. While this can clutter your map a bit if someone else is spamming things... like mines >.> it is not the end of the world.

I also keybound the launch fighters key to my fire all phasers button. I am not sure what you mean by this "Lose of firepower resetting your squadron" I just spam that thing, making sure i have a full complement of fighters hot and live at all times. The ship is limited to how many fighters you can support at one time, so it is not like you are spawning tribbles in space. My Vesta's hangers can only have one wing of fighters at a time. That is a total of four Danubes, four Deltas, or six Peregrines at a time. If I try to launch with a full group, either it will not launch, or it will replace a damaged fighter in combat.

So, I am not sure what penalty you are talking about

As for Consumable pets, I never used them. But at least the UI change will help with that.
Lieutenant
# 3
12-01-2012, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tragamites View Post
Can we get an icon that notes the number and type of small craft that we release from our hangers? They all have a limit of how many can be active at a time but I can't tell how many I do have active.

This is particularly important for consumable fighters where I may already have 6 active but can't tell so I burn another squadran when I didn't need too. But also with Hanger ships as when you have your limit engaged in the fight you loose some firepower by "resetting" them with a new launch.

It would just be really nice to be able to note how many small craft I have active at a time so I can decide when I need to launch a new squadran.
I agree, I bought the Vesta Pack and play with it on my sci toon, I can NEVER tell where my ships are, how many i have left, how many max i can have, so Basically whenever i fight a new enemy i just keep re launching them

I would love to have a mini display on the HUD also that denotes their current health status.
Captain
# 4
12-01-2012, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyeto13 View Post
...so it is not like you are spawning tribbles in space.
New Federation Pet:

The Tribble Fighter

Hull: 500
Shield Modifier: .1
Weapons: Grappling Hook (when latched to a target has a 2% chance of permanently disabling a subsystem, as long as it's user remains alive. Also as long as the ship using it remains alive, it deals 10 damage per second to the target. Both can stack)

Special Ability: Upon destruction, this ship has a 60% chance to split into two new ships.

Number per Hangar: 2

This fighter basically just shoots grapplers at things, latches on, and then stays there. Basic idea behind it: COVER YOUR TARGET IN TRIBBLE FIGHTERS. After a point, all it's subsystems will be offline since as it kills them, they split, and multiply. And then cover it more. And more. AND MORE.

And then when the warp core breach destroys all your tribble fighters... courtesy of their special ability, you might just end up with more than you started with...

>

(does the term zerging come to mind anyone? XD XD XD)

I think with a fighter like this, you won't ever have to worry about fighter count... Hee hee hee...
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.

Last edited by hereticknight085; 12-01-2012 at 03:15 PM.
Captain
# 5
12-01-2012, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyeto13 View Post
For a hybrid-carrier, like the Vesta I captain, I simply have the UI set up so I can see friendly pets/mines Health and Name at all times. While this can clutter your map a bit if someone else is spamming things... like mines >.> it is not the end of the world.

I also keybound the launch fighters key to my fire all phasers button. I am not sure what you mean by this "Lose of firepower resetting your squadron" I just spam that thing, making sure i have a full complement of fighters hot and live at all times. The ship is limited to how many fighters you can support at one time, so it is not like you are spawning tribbles in space. My Vesta's hangers can only have one wing of fighters at a time. That is a total of four Danubes, four Deltas, or six Peregrines at a time. If I try to launch with a full group, either it will not launch, or it will replace a damaged fighter in combat.

So, I am not sure what penalty you are talking about

As for Consumable pets, I never used them. But at least the UI change will help with that.
yep, after the patch you can easily spam the Vesta too, like any other carrier.

also it is worth noting, that whenever you launch new pets, the ones they replace will only disapear when there is a substitute for them. so with the Vesta taking forever to poop out 3 fighters, it will not takeaway the 3 fighters all at once the new ones are replacing, but only after the substitute is out, so you lose basically no firepower (well technically you do, since the fighters being replaced are closer to the enemy, so the energy weapons do deal more dmg )
Lieutenant
# 6
12-01-2012, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
New Federation Pet:

The Tribble Fighter

Weapons: Grappling Hook (when latched to a target has a 2% chance of permanently disabling a subsystem, as long as it's user remains alive. Also as long as the ship using it remains alive, it deals 10 damage per second to the target. Both can stack)

Special Ability: Upon destruction, this ship has a 60% chance to split into two new ships.

This fighter basically just shoots grapplers at things, latches on, and then stays there. Basic idea behind it: COVER YOUR TARGET IN TRIBBLE FIGHTERS. After a point, all it's subsystems will be offline since as it kills them, they split, and multiply. And then cover it more. And more. AND MORE.

And then when the warp core breach destroys all your tribble fighters... courtesy of their special ability, you might just end up with more than you started with...

>

I think with a fighter like this, you won't ever have to worry about fighter count... Hee hee hee...
Don't give them any more ideas to ruin Trek...
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
12-01-2012, 06:00 PM
yer need a little counter under/on mini map ive the karfi and vesta and it does my head in not knowing how meny pets are still out.
Captain
# 8
12-01-2012, 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
New Federation Pet:

The Tribble Fighter

>

So does it provide a set bonus if used with the Tribble Torpedo Launcher?
Career Officer
# 9
12-01-2012, 09:26 PM
I think it is 51
they have gotten better last 2 patches
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
12-02-2012, 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
So does it provide a set bonus if used with the Tribble Torpedo Launcher?
High Yield Tribble:

obliterates target after 20 seconds after impact

50% chance: causes crew to forget they are in combat with enemy ships to try and get rid of massive tribble infestation with a 25% chance of success.

has a 2 minute cooldown and is unaffected by torp doffs

is un-targetable

2pc bonus:

25% chance: spreads to enemies that are 6km away

rofl that would be funny..seeing a massive tribble chasing after a starship.

on-topic: i wouldnt mind having a fighter counter...even with the UI set up its still tough to see how many fighters/shuttles/frigates/bops you have out while in the midst of combat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p

Last edited by cynder2012; 12-02-2012 at 12:14 AM.