Captain
Currently, the borg cutting beam's tooltip reads like a normal weapon, when it is in fact a unique weapon that you may not have more than one equipped. You can still do the project to get multiples, but the only way to find out that you may only have one equipped is by attempting to equip a second one.

This is... really kinda crappy tbh. I was just about to queue the mission up for a second one when a friend warned me- I was looking forward to putting together a 4 cutting beam 4 tetryon array shield/hull cutter boat and now I can't do that because it turns out the weapon was 'always' unique, but just never bothered to inform anyone like ALL THE OTHER UNIQUE ITEMS IN THE GAME.

Seriously Cryptic, this stealth crap has to stop.
Career Officer
# 2
11-29-2012, 02:32 PM
Except that the Unique tag is for those items that you may not have more than one of period. If you can have multiples of it, regardless of equip limits, then it's not unique.
Captain
# 3
11-29-2012, 05:33 PM
There are unique items I have multiples of.

EDIT: regardless of the specific categorization, it needs some sort of note on the tooltip, because otherwise it's being presented as it were a normal weapon.

I mean, can you only mount a single romulan cannon on your ship? They look just like normal weapons, but by your logic we should only be able to mount one.

Last edited by illcadia; 11-29-2012 at 08:19 PM.
Career Officer
# 4
11-29-2012, 10:07 PM
You don't quite understand what the "Unique" tag here means.

As canis36 said, it means you can only have one, period. The Ophidian Cane is tagged "Unique", so you can only have one. You can't get another no matter how much you whine.

Similarly, the Point-Defense Console is not tagged Unique. You can fill up your personal inventory with as many of those consoles as you want. But you still can't equip more than one per ship.

Or, as an even better example, the pre-Season7 Assimilated Console. They are not Unique. You cannot have more than one equipped per ship.

The only reason you have multiple copies of the CRM200 is because you farmed them before they received the Unique tag. Try doing it again now.

Last edited by matridunadan1; 11-29-2012 at 10:24 PM.
Captain
# 5
11-30-2012, 12:41 AM
You guys are like seriously patronizing me over a really dumb point here. I said before I know what unique means. I also said that, regardless, it needs some sort of tag or tooltip or the like to indicate that it, being a weapon and not a C-store console with an attached power, is unique. For example, the Regent wide angle torpedo, does in fact inform users that you can only mount one in the description.

The borg cutting beam does not.

The Bio-Neural warhead on the KDF side does in fact inform users that you can only mount one in the description.

The borg cutting beam does not.

About the only really comparable weapons (not consoles) that don't indicate that you can only mount one are the Lobi store set weapons, like the temporal warfare set.

All I'm asking for is a little tag that goes "you may only equip one borg cutting beam at at ime", but apparently you tryhards are too busy going 'herpaderpa lets educate the idiot' to actually pay any attention to the point of this thread.

Which, to reiterate, is to attach a small warning to the project to procure the cutting beam that says "you may only equip one cutting beam"

That's all I want.

Also: I have two delta flyer shuttle pets (both unique, both from from owning the delta flyer shuttle. If you claim a second one, you can't put the second pet into your inventory if you already have one. But I have two.
Career Officer
# 6
11-30-2012, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by illcadia View Post
All I'm asking for is a little tag that goes "you may only equip one borg cutting beam at at ime", but apparently you tryhards are too busy going 'herpaderpa lets educate the idiot' to actually pay any attention to the point of this thread.
Excuse me? Your points, in your own words:

Quote:
and now I can't do that because it turns out the weapon was 'always' unique, but just never bothered to inform anyone like ALL THE OTHER UNIQUE ITEMS IN THE GAME.
Quote:
I mean, can you only mount a single romulan cannon on your ship? They look just like normal weapons, but by your logic we should only be able to mount one.
You are the one insisting on a "Unique" tag when we are merely trying to explain to you that it does not qualify for that tag.

Last edited by matridunadan1; 11-30-2012 at 06:28 PM.