Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 362
# 1 where can I find Omega marks?
11-21-2012, 02:29 AM
is there a way to get Omega marks other then PVE?
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,050
# 2
11-21-2012, 02:34 AM
I don't think so, sorry.
Ensign
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 23
# 3
11-21-2012, 09:44 AM
You can get Omega marks at the Defera Invasion zone. Just like on New Romulus they give out small amounts of them for each mission you complete there.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,341
# 4
11-21-2012, 02:34 PM
They ought to turn all of the Gamma Orionis systems into patrols with a daily wrapper like in Tau Dewa, for 60 Omega Marks. Make them suitably difficult encounters with the Borg, sort of like single-player STFs.

Since the queue allows you to enter STFs from anywhere, no one actually goes to those systems anymore. This would give the sector some population, and give players a fair non-STF means of earning OM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3
# 5
11-29-2012, 05:11 PM
I second this idea. Can we get some feedback as to whether or not this is even a feasible notion, devs?
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,691
# 6
11-29-2012, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
They ought to turn all of the Gamma Orionis systems into patrols with a daily wrapper like in Tau Dewa, for 60 Omega Marks. Make them suitably difficult encounters with the Borg, sort of like single-player STFs.

Since the queue allows you to enter STFs from anywhere, no one actually goes to those systems anymore. This would give the sector some population, and give players a fair non-STF means of earning OM.
^^^ THIS!!!!! YES PLEASE lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Captain
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,359
# 7
11-29-2012, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim625 View Post
is there a way to get Omega marks other then PVE?
Borg invasions of sectors and the defera invasion zone missions give omega marks. Other than that it's just the PVE afaik.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,668
# 8
11-29-2012, 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by questerius View Post
Borg invasions of sectors and the defera invasion zone missions give omega marks. Other than that it's just the PVE afaik.
Those are also PvE.

The only things that wouldn't be PvE would be some kind of diplomatic mission (and thus not "vs" anything), or PvP. The former doesn't really fit with the mission of Omega Fleet (which is to stop the Borg, no matter the cost), and the latter would need some kind of Captains vs Drones mode (simulation of countering assimilated Starfleet/KDF officers... like the Zombie Apocalypse PvP mode in Champions, etc.).
Captain
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,359
# 9
11-30-2012, 02:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandoknight89 View Post
Those are also PvE.

The only things that wouldn't be PvE would be some kind of diplomatic mission (and thus not "vs" anything), or PvP. The former doesn't really fit with the mission of Omega Fleet (which is to stop the Borg, no matter the cost), and the latter would need some kind of Captains vs Drones mode (simulation of countering assimilated Starfleet/KDF officers... like the Zombie Apocalypse PvP mode in Champions, etc.).
PVE is where you cue for a mission. The Borg sector invasions and Defera Invasion zone have no need for that.
Ensign
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 17
# 10
11-30-2012, 02:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by questerius View Post
PVE is where you cue for a mission. The Borg sector invasions and Defera Invasion zone have no need for that.
PvE stands for "Player versus Environment" -- with or without queues -- as opposed to PvP ("Player versus Player"). So, any encounter that have player fight against computer-controlled enemies (STF, Fleet Actions, story missions, sector Red Alerts, adventure zones, etc.) qualifies as PvE
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:04 AM.