Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
12-22-2012, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanatroi View Post
Please give more reward for the current romulan pve queue.

Sure, as long as they also improve Defera ground to be more on par with New Rom ground.
Captain
# 22
12-22-2012, 03:27 PM
You can also earn unlimited abount of Romulan Marks although it is repetitive. The Radiation Reports mini-game. 300 Reports == 30 marks. Avg of 25 reports per 1 min game run. + time running between radiation patches on New Romulus.

Last edited by lordfuzun; 12-22-2012 at 03:41 PM.
Lieutenant
# 23
02-04-2013, 05:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
Seems easier to get Romulan Marks for less work than Omega Marks with the Epohh Trade in system. Spend a couple of minutes tagging epohhs, do duty officer assignment for 5 research, then run 3 assignments that each take a day to complete to raise epohh, then trade in epohh for 400 Romulan Marks. Can get 400 Omega Marks in 5 days for less than 5 minutes work provided your Epohh Research assignment crits twice. Otherwise it can take about 2 weeks if you don't team for tagging and are extremely unlucky with crits.
I don't think you get the point. It's easier to get more doing less... but we're asking for more, doing more. Yay, you can chase rabbits for 400 marks in five days (*If you crit TWICE). I can get 500 Omega marks in a little over an hour, all night, every night. That's the point. Most people don't want to hop on and tend their farms and log off, they want to play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddesjardins View Post
You're off base. As mentioned elsewhere there are 8-10 space patrols that can earn you 60-75 Romulan marks in about 40 minutes, 2 STF's and the Red Alert program. The ground missions are four at level 1, and 1 additional so far at each Tier (I try level 3 tomorrow).

So far with 4 toons leveling every 20 hours, Romulan Marks have not been a problem - even with the Romulan additions to the 'Acamar Timewarp'. My biggest issue is having to make commodities runs to avoid the exchange pirates.

Get your boots dirty. They're not that hard. Except for Mountain Pass. That one vexes me so.

Jolan Tru,

Admiral Thrax
No, the ground stuff isn't hard. Neither is it expedient, enjoyable, or rewarding.

Yay, 60-75 Romulan marks in 40 minutes (ONCE A DAY).
2 STFs (THAT REWARD 18-25 MARKS EACH)
Red Alerts! (Have been broken for months, might take days to get one to work).
And ground, ground, ground ground, ground.

Let's try this metaphor for you: Your customers are complaining that the food you're serving is unpalatable and leaves them hungry. When the ask for tastier food, or something more filling, you're saying "Just keep eating the tasteless crap, you'll get full eventually.".

Ground combat is terrible. You might not agree, but you're in the minority. Asking for more flavors, for more STFs, for elite STFs, for actual hourly missions instead of daily, and to play the way we want (when we have time, not logging on once a day to tend pets) is completely reasonable, and none of your solutions fix the problem or illuminate an answer. Yes, we're all aware of the many crappy ground missions that take a long time and reward nothing.

I don't get why every time someone asks for more New Romulus space, someone always brings up the bunnies. Yes, they're cute. No, they're not Star Trek, not challenging, not consistent, not fast, not engaging, and not really fun to do (Ooh, run around for one minute once a day?!? SIGN ME UP!!). In the week it takes you folks to make 400 Marks, I can have made a few thousand Omega. I can get 115 Omega Marks every twenty minutes. So stop acting like what is on the menu now is A-OK--because it's really not.
Ensign
# 24
02-04-2013, 05:28 PM
im just wondering how one gets a bunch of omegas in 5 min.

i can get rm's all day. dont want to, but i can.
but om's? all i know are the stf's and defari (and while my fleet ships good. my avcom is crap)
Captain
# 25
02-04-2013, 05:43 PM
Basically run Elite STFs all day and it usually takes 10 to 15 minutes to finish a STF. By the time you are finished with the last one, then the first one is available. Romulan Marks have numerous ways to get them for various type of playstyles. Omega Marks is severely restricted to teams. It is possible to get Omega Marks solo on Deferi, but it is like pulling your teeth.
Ensign
# 26
02-04-2013, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Basically run Elite STFs all day and it usually takes 10 to 15 minutes to finish a STF. By the time you are finished with the last one, then the first one is available. Romulan Marks have numerous ways to get them for various type of playstyles. Omega Marks is severely restricted to teams. It is possible to get Omega Marks solo on Deferi, but it is like pulling your teeth.
yeah. but getting a team that actually works in even in normal stfs is hard.
Lieutenant
# 27
02-04-2013, 06:09 PM
I agree with the first poster. I just did an stf and got 75 omega marks for about 15 min of work which i can do again in an hour for more marks. I have tried multiple missions on new Romulus and the reward is only 10 romulan marks every mission i checked, the radiation thing i feel is too tedious i have like 60 radiation reports that i dont care to finish. So for romulan marks i have stuck to the tholian red alert daily which awards u a whopping 30 marks , and the patrol daily which i believe is 60 Romulan marks , and they are both once a day. The point is i have never done a mission and only got 10 omega marks, i feel that would be a huge waste of my time.
Captain
# 28
02-04-2013, 06:32 PM
There is more useful stuff in the Omega Store compared to the Romulan Store. In each store, there is the weapon sets, and various store unlocks. The Romulan Store at Tier 5 has hangar pets, vanity items that last 4 hours, consumables, and two space sets that are almost the same. The Omega Store at Tier 5 has 3 ground sets that also have costume unlocks and 3 space sets with liberated borg doffs coming to some tier. There is a reason to get all 3 Mk XII ground sets while there is not much reason to get both romulan space sets.
Captain
# 29
02-04-2013, 06:45 PM
Quote:
There is more useful stuff in the Omega Store compared to the Romulan Store. In each store, there is the weapon sets, and various store unlocks. The Romulan Store at Tier 5 has hangar pets, vanity items that last 4 hours, consumables, and two space sets that are almost the same. The Omega Store at Tier 5 has 3 ground sets that also have costume unlocks and 3 space sets with liberated borg doffs coming to some tier. There is a reason to get all 3 Mk XII ground sets while there is not much reason to get both romulan space sets.
But Rommie Rep gives you a space ability, while Omega gives you a ground one. Seeing as most of the game takes place in space........

In all honesty though, I really don't see where the OP is coming from. Sure Rommie missions give less marks, but there's so many of them it doesn't really matter.

For Rommie Stuff:
  1. The Vault
  2. Mine Trap
  3. The Vault Ensnared
  4. Tholian Incursion
  5. All the NR activities
  6. Eppoh Breeding
  7. Sector Daily

For Omega Stuff:
  1. 4 Space STFs
  2. 4 Ground STFs
  3. Defera Invasion Zone
  4. Borg Incursions

And since there's only three STFs that you can more or less reliably PUG, then.... well... that kind of cuts it down doesn't it?
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Lieutenant
# 30
02-04-2013, 06:56 PM
[quote=centersolace;7890251]But Rommie Rep gives you a space ability, while Omega gives you a ground one. Seeing as most of the game takes place in space........

Im not sure i get what u are talking about but omega and romulan traits that you gain through the rep system give you a combo of ground and space up until t5 no choice on that one but up to there you have a choices .