Commander
# 11
12-01-2012, 05:28 PM
I could have cared less about the DIL. I needed the Fleet marks. I will play three 10 min foundry missions to get my 50 marks but not three 20 min missions. I tried the other day and 4 out the 5 missions i attempted were bugged. Like it told me to go here and speak with this person and the room the person was suppose to be in (has a circle on the map and all) was empty. Or killing all oppisotion on the map and nothing happens just fly around in space without the mission progressing. I would do the "distress call" mission for my daily and it was a quick fun mission. I still do it sometimes to test builds. I submitted a post about beefing up that mission with 4 fighters, then 3 escourts, then 2 cruisers then one dreadnought while keeping the freightor alive and being able to choose what PVE you can fight as a mission that would count for the daily. Prob take 7-10 min to do and would be great for kill and damage accolades. I agree that a "run here and click this" mission is a bit to easy but most of these missions are way to long and most people will just click past the text just to get to the fighting and to finish it. lower the requirements to 7-10 min and have a mission like i suggested and I think people will be happy and it will close the hack of players spamming 12 toons to get easy DIL.
Captain
# 12
12-01-2012, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admgreer View Post
I could have cared less about the DIL. I needed the Fleet marks. I will play three 10 min foundry missions to get my 50 marks but not three 20 min missions. I tried the other day and 4 out the 5 missions i attempted were bugged. Like it told me to go here and speak with this person and the room the person was suppose to be in (has a circle on the map and all) was empty. Or killing all oppisotion on the map and nothing happens just fly around in space without the mission progressing.
With the launch of season 7, there is a bug that has broken probably 80% of Foundry missions. You are encountering this bug. It's not the fault of the Foundry makers, and it has been kind of disturbing that the devs haven't turned off the option to play the missions after they broke 80% of them.

Who knows how many folks will try out foundry this weekend and discover that 80% of the missions can't be completed. It's not good for the Foundry and it's not good for authors, despite having the ability to rate our missions disabled.
Commander
# 13
12-01-2012, 05:51 PM
Foundry authors just give me a beefed up longer version of "distress call" that counts for the officer reports and I'll be stoaked.
Lieutenant
# 14
12-01-2012, 06:08 PM
Quote:
I can see why the devs removed the quick dailys but who are they trying to make happy, the small minority that makes the foundry missions or the majority of us who play and pay for this game.

The quickies enabled me to get some dill and fleets marks then get on with playing the game how I want, SFT, replays, foundary mission, didn't matter I've done my grind in a few easy clicks.

Now I'm being forced to grind before I play, now I play less and spend less.

Devs if you ever listen to these treads put back the quickies and allow us to play and support the game, there are two options for this game allowing casual player to see quick benefits ( quickly dailies) which helps interest and spending or a small minority who are willing to grind, they don't spend as they will grinding for zen.

Remember if it ant broke don't fix it, for the majority of your user base the quikies worked great.

Big flames for me.......
I cant even begin to understand how your thought process works. So ill just grab some popcorn, and a beer, and laugh hysterically as this post unfolds.
Ensign
# 15
12-01-2012, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admgreer View Post
Foundry authors just give me a beefed up longer version of "distress call" that counts for the officer reports and I'll be stoaked.
I PMed the author in game and he said that he'll be making revamped versions of the missions when the editor is back. So all hope is not lost!
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-01-2012, 06:29 PM
The old quickies were kind of exploitable, but at the same time forcing long missions can be a bit stale.

The biggest problem I'm running into is that foundry missions in general seem broken right now. I've tried about 9 different missions and completed 1 so far, because NPCs aren't spawning. Spend 10-15 minutes doing a mission only to have to drop it because one NPC isn't spawning ruins any motivation I had to do the daily to begin with.
Commander
# 17
12-01-2012, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by exorace25k View Post
I PMed the author in game and he said that he'll be making revamped versions of the missions when the editor is back. So all hope is not lost!
Man I can't wait. Especally If I can choose all factions to fight against and have the Dreadnoughts from the Fleet alerts as the Boss at the end would be awesome. I would do this mission over and over to get all the kill accolades and damage type accolades. It needs to have about 20 ships to kill to make it long enough and a challenge.
Starfleet Veteran
# 18
12-01-2012, 07:05 PM
Only now, without the Clickys, the observable number of Foundry missions played will plummet, leaving the Foundry in the same boat as the Klingons when it comes to resource allocation.
If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting.
Captain
# 19
12-01-2012, 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlaylierah View Post
Only now, without the Clickys, the observable number of Foundry missions played will plummet, leaving the Foundry in the same boat as the Klingons when it comes to resource allocation.
And having all of you rush in to ESD to click a console was so very helpful to the Foundry community, lol.

It's the same situation, really. The number of clickers will plummet. We've kind of always been in the same boat as the KDF. They get cross-factioned content. We get a handful of updates in 2 year and some mostly website related PR.
Starfleet Veteran
# 20
12-01-2012, 07:20 PM
The Clickys artificially inflated Foundry mission numbers and kept it on their radar.

Now, not so much.

There might come a day when those handful of updates will seem like the Golden years.
If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting.