Captain
# 21
12-01-2012, 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlaylierah View Post
The Clickys artificially inflated Foundry mission numbers and kept it on their radar.

Now, not so much.

There might come a day when those handful of updates will seem like the Golden years.
You think they didn't know what percentage of foundry players were just clicking consoles? So, I guess you're saying that if they throw the clickies back in, they'll forget what they know and think, "WoW! Look at all those players who really love Foundry missions! It must be important!"

Sorry, about the only good thing about the clickies were that players had to learn how to play a Foundry mission, meaning that if they ever decided to play an actual foundry mission, they would know how to find it in the UI. New UI kind of makes that easier, as do in-game bulletins.
Empire Veteran
# 22
12-01-2012, 08:22 PM
Eh, getting rid of the exploit is ok to me.

But it does majorly hurt the ability to get fleet marks on a daily basis without spending mind numbing amounts of time to grind them out anymore. I still feel like there needs to be something that, within reason, allows for a good amount of FMs to be gained each day, easily. Only FMs though, that hurts no one. Not foundry authors, not the dil exchange, nobody.

Those big projects aren't easy to fill.

Captain
# 23
12-01-2012, 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrincy View Post
Maybe its an idea like getting people to play in depth foundry missions created by people who have put time and effort into making best missions they could , instead of letting people do a 60 second mini-mission and be rewarded for it

nah couldnt be that , thats crazy

THat would be fine. But the majority of Foundry missions are... well... to put it bluntly, terrible.
Captain
# 24
12-01-2012, 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiejon View Post
IF all they were doing was playing for the exploit. They weren't really playing the Foundry at all anyway. Good Riddance.
Handsome Phaser Guy speaks truth. Respect his rugged wisdom.
# 25
12-01-2012, 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiejon View Post
IF all they were doing was playing for the exploit. They weren't really playing the Foundry at all anyway. Good Riddance.
true, i havent touched the foundry since s7 started....however IF i wanted to earn my not much needed dilth and MUCH needed fleet marks, its nearly impossible to find missions that are accepted by this so called criteria......the devs need to add a fliter option that hides missions that arent applicable for the daily...it takes more time to find a mission that works than it does to do said mission after finding it.....just to repeat the process another 2 times...

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Captain
# 26
12-01-2012, 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynder2012 View Post
true, i havent touched the foundry since s7 started....however IF i wanted to earn my not much needed dilth and MUCH needed fleet marks, its nearly impossible to find missions that are accepted by this so called criteria......the devs need to add a fliter option that hides missions that arent applicable for the daily...it takes more time to find a mission that works than it does to do said mission after finding it.....just to repeat the process another 2 times...
You are searching the "hot" list, because that's where you found the clickies. Search "top rated." But wait until the good missions are no longer broken.
Survivor of Romulus
# 27
12-01-2012, 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
You are searching the "hot" list, because that's where you found the clickies. Search "top rated." But wait until the good missions are no longer broken.
even after i search top rated it took awhile...but ok

btw, how is your borg mission doing? it looks cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Captain
# 28
12-01-2012, 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynder2012 View Post

btw, how is your borg mission doing? it looks cool.
My mission is broken, as are 80%-90% of all actual Foundry missions. Well, actually the Borg one might be doable if you never get far from the space mobs. Wait, no, it's probably broken.
Ensign
# 29
12-02-2012, 12:22 AM
I haven't touched that daily since the clicklies were removed. I might be temped to play foundry missions if they changed the daily to a weekly, up'ed the number required to 5, and made the rewards 8000 dilithium with 500 fleet marks.
Career Officer
# 30
12-02-2012, 02:03 AM
My meaning:

The Dailies and the Foundry are both 2 completly different things!

The reward for the author is to low and the reward for the player is at the wrong place!

To force someone something to do has always a different taste. it is much better to reward someone for doing something.
Fleetbasedudes (like me) feel forced to play Foundry Missions.
Foundryjedis feel not correct handled and rewarded (and this is correct) cause this dudes (like me) are seeking for short and quick missions for the Daily.
This is not the way it should go!!

Who is choosing the movie at the evening about the length??
The best Foundrymissions (Spotlight) should be rewarded for the player with unique items and the authors should be rewarded with higher dilithium- and/or zenamounts.

The discussion about the Daily is useless and stupid and completly wrong!
There are so incredible awesome Foundry Missions available - sometimes better than the original contents!

Don't get me wrong:
I have a serious problem with getting fleet marks an dilithium right now but to use the work of foundry authors for this seems to me the wrong way.
You want to make "us" playing more foundry missions?
Make more contents, make more about the spotlight, show more about the foundry, even something about the author behind the project would be interesting.

Let the foundry missions become more a part of STO and the community.
Make us nosy that we WANT play these missions and not MUST play the missions!

Last edited by littlemonchichi; 12-02-2012 at 02:12 AM.