Survivor of Romulus
# 1 Univeral Marks
12-02-2012, 03:55 AM
Suggestion (relatively simple as well)

Forget romulan/Omega/Fleet/soap marks and have a single universal mark awarded for ALL group missions and operations
Used for all purposes
and kept in one place

Further make it Account bound not character bound

This removes the problems of empty queues which is currently crippling klingon fleets
AND allows people to play the content they like rather than constantly messing up stfs for the maco elite boys by turning up with the "wrong " gear (like for example arriving with dual pistols and a stealth module )

Better still sell packs of marks for Zen (at a reasonable rate)

only suggestions
Career Officer
# 2
12-02-2012, 04:05 AM
Would really simplify things a great deal if they did. But I figure they don't so people would continue playing specific content than focusing on the easiest ways to get Marks.

And I would like it account bound, but then if there is a way like the Foundry Click missions show up again, then that could be easily abused with mules and stockpile marks

As for Selling Marks in the C-store, I thought about it myself, but figure in hindsight it would be bad because then wealthy players could use that to buy their fleets to Tier 5. And could see bad things coming from this, like some people being peer pressured.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!

New Crafting = It's not Crafting, is an overblown Reputation System.
Captain
# 3
12-02-2012, 04:12 AM
Marks were brought in to ensure players were distributing their time across more content areas. If anything it helps guarantee that players are queuing for a more diverse range of missions than they would otherwise.

I'd imagine a more effective mechanism for helping Klingon players would be to either introduce more solo-able missions (i.e. a 1-man + NPM allies Fleet Defence variant) or else increase the rewards from the queued missions so more players have an incentive to run them on their KDF characters.
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
12-02-2012, 04:12 AM
Wealthy players already buy their players to t5 (there is a covert market in marks already)

"join our fleet contribute 2000 fleet marks and get a free fleet module"
and worse
Republic Veteran
# 5
12-02-2012, 05:33 AM
true. there is already a little talked about market for fleet marks. As far as the click completes from foundry, I actually like that they removed those. The market was getting flooded with excess Dil which drove zen value up. If anyone was looking to get a bunch of zen for relatively small amounts of Dil, now is the time.
# 6
12-02-2012, 05:55 AM
I would be all for some type of conversion system, even if you lost marks overall in the process. If not that, then I would like to see some more solo-able missions for Omega Marks with decent payout. I'm pretty sure I would just tick off the STF "gods" who post on here if I tried to play those and my poor character is getting raw hands from hacking so many drones on Defera.

If there is a pattern to when Red Alerts show up, I haven't discovered it. Sometimes I get lucky and hit three in a row and sometimes go several days without finding one.

Porthos is not amused.
Republic Veteran
# 7
12-02-2012, 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by collegepark2151 View Post
I'm pretty sure I would just tick off the STF "gods" who post on here if I tried to play those and my poor character is getting raw hands from hacking so many drones on Defera.
Heh, don't let those "Gods" get the best of you. Sure, there are some people who are really jerky if they think you don't know what you are doing. I am usually pretty patient myself. The only times i get wildly frustrated is when I try to help someone who is obviously doing something wrong and they refuse to make the proper adjustment...like remodulating your weapons vs the Borg in ground STF. I have even asked some of those people if they know what remodulation is and they refuse to answer me so yeah, in those cases, i get upset. I have no problem helping people learn. It's when those people refuse to learn that gets most of us mad.

Still, I understand what you are saying. I have gone into a ground STF where some guy refused to participate unless we did it his way. The rest of us just moved ahead and did it the way we always did and with 4 people, completed it and even got the optional. I'm sure he didn't care because he still reaped the benefits of our hard work.

If you still have doubts, message me in game and I will take you with me on ground STFs till you are comfortable.

Back on the main topic, universal marks aren't such a great idea. I know if I could change my OMEGA marks to rom, I would probably NEVER do mine trap. It's not that I dislike Mine Trap...it just goes back to the argument of people not wanting to learn.
# 8
12-02-2012, 07:59 AM
It kinda defeats the point of marks, which is to tie thematic content to thematic rewards.

It's like asking for MACO gear to drop from featured episode replays.

That said, I could get behind letting people trade "flavored" marks for Fleet Marks.
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
12-02-2012, 08:03 AM
Doubt we'll see Umarks,

But +1 Soloable Content giving atleast 5-10 Marks.

I.E. the romulan mystery story arch missions giving 5-10 marks each maybe more 5-10 is probably a comfortable amount for cryptic to be ok with. Then the FE series now built into that arch to give double marks so 10-20.

Then the Borg Solo Content in Gamma-O could give 10-20 becuase borg are tougher than Rommies.

then rep systems for other factions like The cardies and undine and kdf could all be handed out for thier solo missions and FE's as their rep systems pop up.

Perhaps the fed mission fed side and the kdf missions kdf side in the Federation klingon war could give out Fleet marks for those missions as i doubt their will ever be a fed/klingon & klingon/fed rep system.

Formerly Jewkesman Member from Nov 2009! :smile:
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
12-02-2012, 10:05 AM
I suggest this because many people would like to do romulan content but need fleet marks

or want to avoid repeating thousands of borg missions

As to Maco Gear I would not touch it with a 70 foot phaser beam

imagine if you could run a mission you wanted to play and Still help your fleet.