Career Officer
# 1 Serious Dialogue Bug
12-04-2012, 06:52 PM
You can no longer select space costumes to be the contact for a dialogue. There was nothing wrong with this behavior before, but now they are no longer available for selection.

To recreate this (if you really need a guide), just make a space costume (in other words a starship), then place a dialogue and choose the costume. The space costume will not be available for selection.

Edit: I was wrong about what was causing the error. The information below is incorrect, but I'll leave it so there's no confusion over what kirkfat is replying it. The inability to select space costumes still appears to be a bug, however.

Quote:
On existing dialogues, in space you get the error "Choose animation in appropriate region", while on the ground they seem to still work, but are not available to be selected on new dialogues.

Please fix this ASAP!

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.

Last edited by nagorak; 12-05-2012 at 04:24 PM.
Captain
# 2
12-05-2012, 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagorak View Post
You can no longer select space costumes to be the contact for a dialogue. There was nothing wrong with this behavior before, but now they are no longer available for selection.

On existing dialogues, in space you get the error "Choose animation in appropriate reason", while on the ground they seem to still work, but are not available to be selected on new dialogues.

Please fix this ASAP!

To recreate this (if you really need a guide), just make a space costume (in other words a starship), then place a dialogue and choose the costume. The space costume will not be available for selection.
Sigh...

What happens to missions that currently use space ships as the costumes of dialogues in space?
Captain
# 3
12-05-2012, 06:47 AM
I haven't been able to make ships as the costumes for dialogues since I started the Foundry months ago. It always defaulted to one of the Boffs.

Wait... does this mean Foundry is open again for creating?

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
Career Officer
# 4
12-05-2012, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
Sigh...

What happens to missions that currently use space ships as the costumes of dialogues in space?
They fail to republish and will not publish due to the error.

Career Officer
# 5
12-05-2012, 02:14 PM
Ok, I was wrong about what was happening. The bug is accurate to the extent that we can no longer select space costumes as contacts.

However the error message was due to something unrelated. It appears I copied the dialogue from ground to space. For some reason there was a trigger attached to the dialogue which was set to use a ground animation (which I'm not even sure why, since it's a dialogue and there shouldn't even be an animation attached?). The problem was that trigger effect was completely vestigial because nothing actually triggered based off of the dialogue, so the trigger button did not show. I made something trigger based off of the dialogue and it showed the tab so I could remove the offending animation (that never even did anything to begin with).

Last edited by nagorak; 12-05-2012 at 02:37 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-05-2012, 03:34 PM
It appears this only is an issue if you try to republish, just tried part 2 of my series and all ship costumes showed up just fine, as well as no more disappearing npcs/contacts. Suggest if you have these in a mission already out there LEAVE THEM BE till this gets fixed
Play Star Trek: Allegiance - my first series in the Foundry