Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 441
# 41
12-03-2012, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by veradodan View Post
You're joking? I really hate such mechanism!!!
It would be completely in line with the current design goals of Cryptic. Why give something to the players for free, especially something that was a prototype lockbox from last year? They can squeeze out even more profit from players this way, which is something all players should be excited about.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 437
# 42
12-03-2012, 10:47 AM
I want a Q Boff.. wouldnt that be cool?!
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,743
# 43
12-03-2012, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomictiki View Post
Winter boxes really need to be locked and have to be opened with C-store keys.
That is the dumbest idea I've ever heard. Christmas is suppose to be about giving. No previous Christmas Event has cost us anything. Why change that now?

Silly Boy.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 824
# 44
12-03-2012, 10:08 PM
I don't know, I have a very very bad feeling that the NEW ship in the Red Gift Box may be a Romulan Bird of Prey or a Mogai.

This very well may be true.

It is Romulan season afterall - and besides a Breen vessel is not that popular.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,544
# 45
12-03-2012, 11:54 PM
I would be legitimately surprised if it was a Romulan ship. I honestly don't think they'll do a Romulan ship as a prize for all factions at all, but on the off chance they do, it'll be in a pure lockbox, not a winter anything prize. And it'll be the box after the current Temporal, if at all.

My fear is, with them running out of iconic ships to stuff in lockboxes, Romulan is looking more tempting to them. Unless they do more like the Wells/Korath and use Fed ships designed with KDF counterparts (which was an elegant solution to the problem of faction neutrality, I must say), Romulan gets more and more likely with each box that passes without a Romulan faction.
Captain
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 541
# 46
12-04-2012, 05:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jexsamx View Post
I would be legitimately surprised if it was a Romulan ship. I honestly don't think they'll do a Romulan ship as a prize for all factions at all, but on the off chance they do, it'll be in a pure lockbox, not a winter anything prize. And it'll be the box after the current Temporal, if at all.

My fear is, with them running out of iconic ships to stuff in lockboxes, Romulan is looking more tempting to them. Unless they do more like the Wells/Korath and use Fed ships designed with KDF counterparts (which was an elegant solution to the problem of faction neutrality, I must say), Romulan gets more and more likely with each box that passes without a Romulan faction.


I'm waiting for the 'spoils of war' lockbox - namely kdf ships for feds, fed ships for kdf.. It'd need no new models, no new skins (well, maybe a white skin for feds and green for kdf) and above all, require only two changes - to allow feds/kdf to use it and to change the IKS/USS designation

Easiest lockbox ever!
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 441
# 47
12-04-2012, 05:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash525 View Post
That is the dumbest idea I've ever heard. Christmas is suppose to be about giving. No previous Christmas Event has cost us anything. Why change that now?

Silly Boy.
This is Season 7. It's all about monetizing for PWE, who players should be showering with gratitude for allowing them this opportunity. You may think it's being Scrooge Tānxīn, but this is excellent business practice to get more money for the game out of holiday goodwill.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 824
# 48
12-04-2012, 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jexsamx View Post
I would be legitimately surprised if it was a Romulan ship. I honestly don't think they'll do a Romulan ship as a prize for all factions at all, but on the off chance they do, it'll be in a pure lockbox, not a winter anything prize. And it'll be the box after the current Temporal, if at all.

My fear is, with them running out of iconic ships to stuff in lockboxes, Romulan is looking more tempting to them. Unless they do more like the Wells/Korath and use Fed ships designed with KDF counterparts (which was an elegant solution to the problem of faction neutrality, I must say), Romulan gets more and more likely with each box that passes without a Romulan faction.
You have a valid point, since it is true that the Iconic vessels are nearing the limit. So if not a Bird of Prey, there is this talk about gathering separate components to make an ultimate prize.

That sounds scary in and of itself, and may point towards the doff system. It has to be a ship, I mean no other eye grabber out there.

So I guess it comes down to this, if the "Ships" are the main attraction, and lets say for argument sake that it won't be a vessel, then perhaps some fancy cool ship set, or armor set.

what do you folks think?
Commander
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 394
# 49
12-04-2012, 06:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stark2k View Post
So I guess it comes down to this, if the "Ships" are the main attraction, and lets say for argument sake that it won't be a vessel, then perhaps some fancy cool ship set, or armor set.
Perhaps a set that decorates your ship in red/green & white with sparkly lights, christmas decoration style.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,764
# 50
12-04-2012, 06:20 AM
A xmas skin takes a ridiculous amount of effort... I doubt they'd even try it.

Most probably a Breen Santa Cruiser of some sorts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:33 AM.