Captain
# 21
12-03-2012, 01:53 AM
It's far easier to earn lots of EC than it is any other currency in the game. Just vendoring loot can get all the EC you need, and if you do a little work and find prices for loot on the exchange you could make even more.

I spent a good 800k or so outfitting a new ship, but earned it back in no time just by doing the tau dawa sector patrol a few times (Hirogen are quite generous) and selling everything, either on the exchange for a decent price or guaranteed half value at vendors.

Like most, I am more concerned with my lack of Dil.
Lieutenant
# 22
12-03-2012, 03:22 AM
Tour the universe is the easiest way to get money, if for some reason you keep missing it just run the breen featured episode and vendor (never recycle, always go to a vendor) the space set. That will get you more than the 150k you need per day
Ignorance is an obstacle not an excuse
Let the stupid suffer
Commander
# 23
12-03-2012, 06:35 AM
There is a vendor on New Romulus that sells large hypos, major regenerators, and large shield recharges. It helps a bit (much cheaper than the exchange) but it's still pricey.
Demons run when a good man goes to war.
Starfleet Veteran
# 24
12-03-2012, 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprcheese View Post
Seems like it may be worth it to make a Ferengi alt just to buy commodities, since they get an extra discount...
Already have one, just for that.
Bone1970 & Bone trader don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac's. BNE Fed Sci.
Bag of Bones & Bone Ugly don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Rom/Fed Tac. Bone & Bone2 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. KDF Eng's.
Warning: Not a native English-speaker, sorry if my English sucks.
Career Officer
# 25
12-03-2012, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by velktra View Post
There is a vendor on New Romulus that sells large hypos, major regenerators, and large shield recharges. It helps a bit (much cheaper than the exchange) but it's still pricey.
These are the vendors you need to look for. Any vendor that sells common ground or space consumables (hypos, batteries, that sort). These are the only vendors AFAIK that actually buy for 50%. Others tend to buy for less. You can find these vendors in most major social zones (ESD, DS9, K7, New Romulus) but frustratingly not the Fleet Starbase.

Generally, I have not had a problem keeping up with EC cost so far. I'll crack T3 today as soon as my current batch of projects completes, we'll see after that. So far, running a lot of Starbase 24 helps me reach my dilithium cap AND gives me piles of loot to either flip on the exchange or sell to the vendor. If you get 1st or 2nd place, you'll even get purples.
Career Officer
# 26
12-03-2012, 12:32 PM
EC is not at all hard to come by. Heck, you can just run cold call on normal, choose the breen deflector, and vendor it for a sweet 100k. Takes about 5 minutes on normal.
I'll sell you some weapons from New Romulus. Never fired, only dropped once.
Career Officer
# 27
12-03-2012, 12:44 PM
I do the romulan daily missions to get my EC.. I do the 5 missions that require to clear out the squadrons (nausicans, romulans, klingons, hunters), you end up with tons of white/green stuff to sell!

Heck you end up making more EC than you need in most cases, especially if you play on advanced or elite
Career Officer
# 28
12-03-2012, 02:20 PM
150K EC x 11 Chars per day...

i'd say it has a noticeable impact.

(not to mention that i get nothing else done besides filling the rep system)

i got a few hundred million EC saved up (account wide) so it doesn't bother me much, but the "sink" is clearly working, i spend more than i earn per day at the moment.
Career Officer
# 29
12-03-2012, 02:25 PM
I never had a problem with energy credits myself, I have over 100mil spread out on my mains.

Although, for a newer player it will hurt until they know how to make money or go to the commodity brokers instead of the replicator....
Commander
# 30
12-03-2012, 02:31 PM
I know some players are going to find it tougher that it should be.
A fleet mate's sold large hypos on the exchange for x10 the vendor price.
Ripping people off like that made him feel dirty, and not in the good way