Commander
# 21
12-04-2012, 03:38 AM
After quite a bit of experience seeing these, they definitely only show up associated with Tholians. I've seen then pop up a bit, and the last one yesterday in a fleet alert where we bagged Tholians and sure enough some Wells popped out of the woodwork (err.. webwork?) as well.

And Stoleviathan99: No, I was in a Mobius and people were PM'ing me asking if they were my evil spawns . They're definitely a random "featurette" with Tholians it seems.
Captain
# 22 The Wells class is back!
12-05-2012, 04:30 PM
I spotted a Wells class ship randomly fighting the Tholians in the Beta Lankal system yesterday. Another leak, or a tease for future content?

EDIT: You merged me! Picard never merged me!
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q

Last edited by psycoticvulcan; 12-05-2012 at 05:51 PM.
Career Officer
# 23
12-05-2012, 04:36 PM
They seem to be popping up wherever Tholians are. I'd say that their inclusion is more than a lockbox thing... and that the 29th century Starfleet is looking like a contender for who's helping us on New Romulus.

Either they're repairing history or have a reason to violate the Temporal Prime Directive to help us.
Captain
# 24
12-05-2012, 04:43 PM
I can't wait for the huge collection of story missions that ties it all back with the Iconian conspiracy. I mean, that's way too important a development to leave in an STF.
# 25
12-05-2012, 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nixboox View Post
I have been spending all my time in game doing STFs and patrolling around New Romulus and these Wells class ships keep showing up to help me in the patrol missions. What is this? Is it something I'm doing or is this just some new "feature"?
If it makes you feel any better its not a bunch of Wells... it's a single Wells. Just visiting your time from a bunch of different times at the same time.
Sometimes I think I play STO just to have stuff to rant about on the forums!

Career Officer
# 26
12-06-2012, 12:35 AM
Move along, there is no Temporal Prime Directive here.
Empire Veteran
# 27
12-06-2012, 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dracounguis View Post
If it makes you feel any better its not a bunch of Wells... it's a single Wells. Just visiting your time from a bunch of different times at the same time.
I just got a major headache after reading that, lol.

Time Paradox
Career Officer
# 28
12-06-2012, 02:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by talgeeze View Post
I noticed the same thing, but only in the Beta Lankal System.

Usually, a Wells class ships appears at the second relic, but isn't targetteable. He attacks Tholian ships, then disappears (he simply fades away, no warp / hologram effect).
Next on the third relic, the ship reappears, but is targetteable. And he keeps helping me huntil I warp out.
I checked closely, and there is no Tyken's Rift (well I don't know if it's one, but it has the same FX) appearing when he pops out, like when Tholian ships summon Mirror Ships (I also noticed they usually summon reinforcements AFTER they die).

On one occasion, I had an Obex type Iconian ship coming from the planet when I finished beaming up the last relic, scanning some anomaly, then warping out when I got closer to him. Had this happen once in twenty times in this system. I'll try to make some screenshots next time (or use the demorecord).

I haven't seen yet both Wells class and Obex ships in other patrol systems in Tau Dewa (besides Enterprise-F in the skirmish missions).
I had an experience exactly like this Thursday evening in Beta Lankal. Afterwards I went to the Archer System and got help from ANOTHER Wells (in addition to the Romulan BoP's already there). I got a screenshot of the Wells I encountered in Beta Lankal up on the STO wiki in the gallery for the NPC Wells class article.
Captain
# 29
12-06-2012, 01:04 PM
I don't think these are the same Wells class ships we encountered before.

The old ones had the same abilities of a Federation Science Vessel. These ones are more like Cruisers.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q