Lt. Commander
# 1 Shields
12-02-2012, 04:39 PM
There is an issue with the Shikeds in the game kinda uniqe. the shileds lose power form what they6 are take a Covariant Shield Array 7650.5 Shiled Capacuty. In other words maximum before adding in ship modfieres Console modifers and energy set up. Yet on the Nebula once you add the shiled the capacty maximum goes up on the Galaxy goes down and on the dreadnought stays the same. to me this is inconsistant. From the calculations that avalable this is mathimatacally impossible as it does from the maximum then adds ship modifer too shileds then console then level of the player. So the shilds to many players is being short handed on there cpcacity and is wrong i have the pics for others to view.
this most likely needs be fixed in a update or something couse it is wrong in my opion to make a shiled one thing then short hand your players.if anyone nows how to add pics i will add em once they tell me how too.
Empire Veteran
# 2
12-02-2012, 04:44 PM
Some equipment stats, like shields and engines, change depending on the vessel you put them on.

If this is not the case, the you have bug.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Captain
# 3
12-02-2012, 04:50 PM
I had difficulty understanding your post, as the grammar and syntax we abominable, but from what I can tel, biteme is right. You probably just put it on a ship with a shield modifier less than 1.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-02-2012, 06:14 PM
No the Galaxy has a Shiled modifier of 1 and the Dreadnought has one of 1.1 and the nebula has one of 1.5 how can i lose 300 shield power froma shiled on a ship that has 1 shiled modfier and yet stays the same for a ship that has one of 1.1. it may be a bug but the devs need now of it and fix it.
Captain
# 5
12-02-2012, 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spielman1 View Post
No the Galaxy has a Shiled modifier of 1 and the Dreadnought has one of 1.1 and the nebula has one of 1.5 how can i lose 300 shield power froma shiled on a ship that has 1 shiled modfier and yet stays the same for a ship that has one of 1.1. it may be a bug but the devs need now of it and fix it.
Question: Is this in system space or while your ship is docked?

Cuz if this is while your ship is docked, you won't get accurate readings. Check to see if it is correct while out in system space.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-02-2012, 07:09 PM
it does it period wherther im dcoked is sytem space it does it.
Captain
# 7
12-02-2012, 07:16 PM
Ok my next question. When you first noticed this, was the shield equipped to your dreadnaught when you looked at the value, or was it equipped to your galaxy? The displayed value will change depending on what ship you have set as your current.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-02-2012, 07:39 PM
Both of theme i did the shield of the Galaxy say the numbers put it back on watched em drop did the same shield to the Dreadnought off then on and watched the numbers not drop
Captain
# 9
12-02-2012, 11:01 PM
Then you were probably originally looking at them with the dreadnaught set as your current ship, since I do the same thing with all of my ships and I see nothing out of the ordinary. What probably happened was you looked at the shields stats with your dreadnaught set as your current ship, then saw them again with a different ship set and saw them change. That's supposed to happen.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-03-2012, 12:05 AM
nope try again id id with both ships same shields and everything the shiled modifier on a galaxy is 1 on the deadnought it is 1.1 very lirrle change the Mk X covariant times 3 cap. Once off then once on on both ships on the dreadnought it was aeound 7200 about off on same, galaxy went too 7200 off then when i put it on it went too 6800 total. how do you lose total amount like that. that is the issue.