Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 127
I mentioned in another thread that I write for a geek journalist website, and that I was doing an article about the forums.

http://geekparty.com/so-what-if-i-like-space-bunnies/

I did the article. Thought some people might be interested.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,039
# 2
12-04-2012, 08:53 AM
I found that quite humorous.

STO Rager: Blargh, Cryptic sucks! I'm going to cancel my account and stop playing!

Months later...

STO Rager: You just watch, I'm going to cancel my account! You will get no more money from me!

Months and a few C-Store purchases later...

STO Rager: *flying C-Store ship* I'm warning you Cryptic! I'm gonna stop playing! You'll see!

@HyperLimited
Join Date: Oct 2009 - My Youtube Stuff
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 437
# 3
12-04-2012, 08:54 AM
Nice article! Good read.

I just don't find cursing through out to be too professional lol..

but its f****kin real!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 127
# 4
12-04-2012, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypl View Post
I found that quite humorous.

STO Rager: Blargh, Cryptic sucks! I'm going to cancel my account and stop playing!

Months later...

STO Rager: You just watch, I'm going to cancel my account! You will get no more money from me!

Months and a few C-Store purchases later...

STO Rager: *flying C-Store ship* I'm warning you Cryptic! I'm gonna stop playing! You'll see!

Pretty much!

I mean, I'm sure there are some people who really do quit playing and yet still hang out on the forums and talk about how Cryptic/PWE destroyed the game.

I'm just betting it's not as many as claim they have.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 127
# 5
12-04-2012, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinru821 View Post
Nice article! Good read.

I just don't find cursing through out to be too professional lol..

but its f****kin real!
While you have a valid point about the professionalness (professionality?) of cursing, I'll point out that it's written by a person who goes by the handle "Alcoholic Luigi"
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,251
# 6
12-04-2012, 09:32 AM
Love it Absolutely hits the nail on the head
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 437
# 7
12-04-2012, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindylawson View Post
While you have a valid point about the professionalness (professionality?) of cursing, I'll point out that it's written by a person who goes by the handle "Alcoholic Luigi"
haha good point! Your other articles are great as well!

Bookmarked the site!
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 497
# 8
12-04-2012, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindylawson View Post
While you have a valid point about the professionalness (professionality?) of cursing, I'll point out that it's written by a person who goes by the handle "Alcoholic Luigi"
It's professionalism, one would hope a writer would know that. But, since you're writing articles about a game forum... not a surprise that you didn't know that and didn't bother to look it up before typing. I now return you to the rest of the group so you can validate each other all night long.
I'll sell you some weapons from New Romulus. Never fired, only dropped once.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 127
# 9
12-04-2012, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by curs0r View Post
It's professionalism, one would hope a writer would know that. But, since you're writing articles about a game forum... not a surprise that you didn't know that and didn't bother to look it up before typing. I now return you to the rest of the group so you can validate each other all night long.
Pfft. That's what editors are for.

I'm just here to drink and write the articles!
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,251
# 10
12-04-2012, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by curs0r View Post
It's professionalism, one would hope a writer would know that. But, since you're writing articles about a game forum... not a surprise that you didn't know that and didn't bother to look it up before typing. I now return you to the rest of the group so you can validate each other all night long.
'Professionalism' my ass, it's an article on a game forum, hardly a Nobel Acceptance speech, it's a totally valid style of writing, and gets the point across perfectly, rather than being used for shock value...
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:59 AM.