Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
I mentioned in another thread that I write for a geek journalist website, and that I was doing an article about the forums.

http://geekparty.com/so-what-if-i-like-space-bunnies/

I did the article. Thought some people might be interested.
Career Officer
# 2
12-04-2012, 08:53 AM
I found that quite humorous.

STO Rager: Blargh, Cryptic sucks! I'm going to cancel my account and stop playing!

Months later...

STO Rager: You just watch, I'm going to cancel my account! You will get no more money from me!

Months and a few C-Store purchases later...

STO Rager: *flying C-Store ship* I'm warning you Cryptic! I'm gonna stop playing! You'll see!

@HyperLimited
Career Officer
# 3
12-04-2012, 08:54 AM
Nice article! Good read.

I just don't find cursing through out to be too professional lol..

but its f****kin real!
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-04-2012, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypl View Post
I found that quite humorous.

STO Rager: Blargh, Cryptic sucks! I'm going to cancel my account and stop playing!

Months later...

STO Rager: You just watch, I'm going to cancel my account! You will get no more money from me!

Months and a few C-Store purchases later...

STO Rager: *flying C-Store ship* I'm warning you Cryptic! I'm gonna stop playing! You'll see!

Pretty much!

I mean, I'm sure there are some people who really do quit playing and yet still hang out on the forums and talk about how Cryptic/PWE destroyed the game.

I'm just betting it's not as many as claim they have.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-04-2012, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinru821 View Post
Nice article! Good read.

I just don't find cursing through out to be too professional lol..

but its f****kin real!
While you have a valid point about the professionalness (professionality?) of cursing, I'll point out that it's written by a person who goes by the handle "Alcoholic Luigi"
Captain
# 6
12-04-2012, 09:32 AM
Love it Absolutely hits the nail on the head
Career Officer
# 7
12-04-2012, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindylawson View Post
While you have a valid point about the professionalness (professionality?) of cursing, I'll point out that it's written by a person who goes by the handle "Alcoholic Luigi"
haha good point! Your other articles are great as well!

Bookmarked the site!
Career Officer
# 8
12-04-2012, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindylawson View Post
It's professionalism, one would hope a writer would know that. But, since you're writing articles about a game forum... not a surprise that you didn't know that and didn't bother to look it up before typing. I now return you to the rest of the group so you can validate each other all night long.
I'll sell you some weapons from New Romulus. Never fired, only dropped once.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-04-2012, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by curs0r View Post
It's professionalism, one would hope a writer would know that. But, since you're writing articles about a game forum... not a surprise that you didn't know that and didn't bother to look it up before typing. I now return you to the rest of the group so you can validate each other all night long.
Pfft. That's what editors are for.

I'm just here to drink and write the articles!
Captain
# 10
12-04-2012, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by curs0r View Post
'Professionalism' my ass, it's an article on a game forum, hardly a Nobel Acceptance speech, it's a totally valid style of writing, and gets the point across perfectly, rather than being used for shock value...