Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Career Officer
# 81
12-04-2012, 06:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbie1966 View Post
Some folks have likened the TTS to Mos Eisley.
There are only a couple of players who regularly derail entire conversations with their ramblings.

It's, overall, a decent channel where systems, game direction, missions & mechanics are generally discussed by a fairly decent sized pool of players that are both knowledgeable and mostly rational.

It's also one of the few channels that manage to sit in between being a borderline spam generator with a terrible signal to noise ratio and the other end of the channel spectrum ruled by draconian fascism with laws like "No one is allowed to communicate in this channel except for this singular and very specific phrase you are allowed to say because we here in this channel are unable to process more than 4 words in any given 10s time span, Sincerely, your Robot Overlords."

Last edited by ussultimatum; 12-04-2012 at 07:18 AM.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 82
12-04-2012, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
*snip*
There is also just a lot of stuff that no one outside can fully understand.

i.e. I can watch people ride bicycles all day, but I won't fully comprehend it until I do so myself. No amount of explanation will grant me the same knowledge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbie1966 View Post
Some folks have likened the TTS to Mos Eisley.

YMMV
Ah, so it's the 4Chan of STO?
-The Artist formerly known as Tumerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
Tacofangs, what is your beef with where's Sulu?
Survivor of Romulus
# 83
12-04-2012, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
Ah, so it's the 4Chan of STO?
Actually I'd say DS9 chat is the hive of scum and villainy in STO. Akin to the Barrens Chat of WoW or Coruscant in TOR post-f2p.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
"I would rather take a chance on getting a change made to the game through positive engagement than know for sure that I got a change made by complaining" -drogyn1701, May 14, 2014.
Career Officer
# 84
12-04-2012, 08:33 AM
Quote:
i.e. I can watch people ride bicycles all day, but I won't fully comprehend it until I do so myself. No amount of explanation will grant me the same
Ahh... a fellow "I ain't riding bikes" dude?
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Career Officer
# 85
12-04-2012, 08:33 AM
Quote:
There is also just a lot of stuff that no one outside can fully understand.

i.e. I can watch people ride bicycles all day, but I won't fully comprehend it until I do so myself. No amount of explanation will grant me the same knowledge.
That being said, I think the "why" part of design philosophy when it comes to captain/career, new systems, ship roles, ground class roles, etc would be of interest to the playerbase.

I'm also fairly confident the playerbase could understand that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
Actually I'd say DS9 chat is the hive of scum and villainy in STO. Akin to the Barrens Chat of WoW or Coruscant in TOR post-f2p.

TTS is no where near 4chan.

DS9, at least it used to be, was close. So is most Zone chat.

I turned zone chat off within the first 5 minutes of playing STO.

Career Officer
# 86
12-04-2012, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
At some point, there are things that you don't know, because you are not supposed to know them.
If I ever wind up in a padded cell, this will be why. :-)