Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 964
Hey there,

Since the last patch (30th november) do the borg starships in stfs seem a bit tougher? running an ISE with 4 people and the ships seem to be doing a lot more damage that normal.

Im no stranger to stfs, ive ran many, but things like 2k DoT damage, without a plasma torpedo/burn icon appearing?

A regular SPHERE* damaged me for 42K through full shields, (i think sphere as the tactical cube was close, but it was targeting an ally..)

Another person on the team flew near the tactical cube and believes she was 1shotted, im inclined to believe atm :|

(i am a tactical captain, in RA vorcha running standard EPtS 1/2, TSS1 HE2, tact team x2, etc, admitedly using the breen set, but otherwise i shouldnt have had this much trouble..)

Anyone else feeling something different?

edit:
Please dont flame me for qq'ing when the game is easy, something certainly FEELS wrong in that last stf

Last edited by elandarksky; 11-30-2012 at 03:50 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,208
# 2
11-30-2012, 05:24 PM
When is the last time you played a STF? The Borg have been buffed severely since the start of Season 7, part I think is balance with the new Reputation passives, as well as the new Embassy science consoles, but it was admitted by the devs that the Borg have been doing more damage than they should in the last 'Ask Cryptic'.

Tac Cubes can engage multiple targets, and are now equipped with Fire at Will.

They seem to have some uber-debuffs now on top of everything else. I was checking ship hardware to make sure everything was slotted right in my Fleet Scourge during an STF, and I found that my hull repair rate was 17%... which shouldn't be that low even with all crew dead and I think there was some crew still living. Then it jumped back up to 110% a few seconds later.

Last edited by tom61sto; 11-30-2012 at 05:28 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 964
# 3
12-01-2012, 03:50 PM
at least i know its not just me, another occourance where spheres were doing WAY more damage than usual,

hope it gets looked at thoroughly

as for NEEDING to do reputation to keep up with stfs.. if that's true i can see it making me give in all together, sick and tired of the rehashed fleet rubbish. *sigh*
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,610
# 4
12-01-2012, 03:53 PM
The reason the borg are so powerful is simple. In S6, they were jokes. Nobody can argue with that. In space, you could faceroll them with minimal effort. As a result, they have been altered, and buffed considerably. Now they actually put up a fight. There have been many complaints about that (I don't understand why, but that's just me). However, if you look at the new passives available via the omega and romulan rep systems, it doesn't matter. At all. The tier 4 rep passives alone will make STFs easy facerolls again.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder. <--- DR proved me wrong!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 147
# 5
12-01-2012, 09:24 PM
i actually wouldnt say they r more difficult. I have noticed that the 1 hit kills r still happening even though i could have sworn i read in patch notes that it was supposed to have stopped. however the 1 hit kill at least for me is down. i ran ISE this afternoon and got 1 hit i think at most 3 times when b4 i was getting 7 or 8. One another hand though, i have not managed to get the optional at all in that mission since S7 went live. People dont want to cooperate and work together. they want to go in there, guns a blazing and hope for the best. It just seems like STF's r really no fun anymore because people dont talk to one another, dont follow strategies or instructions, and just all around dont care. yes i know that the optional is moot point these days since u r not getting salvage and stuff. but still, wtf.
*Me*Why don't you just step away from the weapons console. You and I both know that you couldn't hit that cube, even if it was right in front of us.
*Junior Tactical Officer* But sir the cube IS right in front of us.
*Me* EXACTLY! Its right in front of us and you still missed it! Just step away from the console.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,610
# 6
12-01-2012, 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshl7889 View Post
i actually wouldnt say they r more difficult. I have noticed that the 1 hit kills r still happening even though i could have sworn i read in patch notes that it was supposed to have stopped. however the 1 hit kill at least for me is down. i ran ISE this afternoon and got 1 hit i think at most 3 times when b4 i was getting 7 or 8. One another hand though, i have not managed to get the optional at all in that mission since S7 went live. People dont want to cooperate and work together. they want to go in there, guns a blazing and hope for the best. It just seems like STF's r really no fun anymore because people dont talk to one another, dont follow strategies or instructions, and just all around dont care. yes i know that the optional is moot point these days since u r not getting salvage and stuff. but still, wtf.
I'm not sure who you play with, but when I run through stfs, I get the optional pretty much every time unless we get intentionally trolled. Perhaps you should consider not pugging... actually for that matter I still got the opt with ease even with pug teams. Maybe you need to look at your build and adjust it to either increase damage output or increase survivability. Not sure if it would help, but it can't hurt...

Also, yelling at your team in chat doesn't help at all. If you are polite and friendly, the chances of getting like responses increases exponentially. If you are rude and abrasive, the chances of getting an ignore increases exponentially. Of course if you fly a rainbow beamcruiser/beamscort/skittlescort, your chances of getting ignored are almost 100% with a lot of good players XD.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder. <--- DR proved me wrong!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 147
# 7
12-01-2012, 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
I'm not sure who you play with, but when I run through stfs, I get the optional pretty much every time unless we get intentionally trolled. Perhaps you should consider not pugging... actually for that matter I still got the opt with ease even with pug teams. Maybe you need to look at your build and adjust it to either increase damage output or increase survivability. Not sure if it would help, but it can't hurt...

Also, yelling at your team in chat doesn't help at all. If you are polite and friendly, the chances of getting like responses increases exponentially. If you are rude and abrasive, the chances of getting an ignore increases exponentially. Of course if you fly a rainbow beamcruiser/beamscort/skittlescort, your chances of getting ignored are almost 100% with a lot of good players XD.
first of all. its not MY fault that we lose it. i do wat i can to hold off the sphere's after a noob screws up the generators. i can only do so much. i cant hold off the entire group while the others just do nothing. I never said anything about yelling at my team. and for the record. i have a kick ass Aquarius Escort with full borg Mk XII equipment. so its not me thats the problem.
*Me*Why don't you just step away from the weapons console. You and I both know that you couldn't hit that cube, even if it was right in front of us.
*Junior Tactical Officer* But sir the cube IS right in front of us.
*Me* EXACTLY! Its right in front of us and you still missed it! Just step away from the console.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 790
# 8
12-01-2012, 10:34 PM
they are getting ready for 3 and 4 omega someone did state changes over the next 2 weeks to stf's so stop running elite with new toon till you get fleet gear


elite is suposed to be a challenge not a cake walk let rephrase it elite is elite tough which needs to be


you need 12 for it you will be fine stack doff's right set boff's up science ones with heal and repulse you will be fine
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 790
# 9
12-01-2012, 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
The reason the borg are so powerful is simple. In S6, they were jokes. Nobody can argue with that. In space, you could faceroll them with minimal effort. As a result, they have been altered, and buffed considerably. Now they actually put up a fight. There have been many complaints about that (I don't understand why, but that's just me). However, if you look at the new passives available via the omega and romulan rep systems, it doesn't matter. At all. The tier 4 rep passives alone will make STFs easy facerolls again.
they were on season 7 levels in 6 that is why they were so tought get ready to keep going up next few weeks the higher we go in omega


it is elite needs to be tough
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 656
# 10
12-01-2012, 11:14 PM
I'm experiencing less 1-shot deaths but I'm not very motivated to play them like I used to.
STF's should not have been tampered with to the extent it was in Season 7.
Season 6 STF's were fun, now not as much.

I do believe they should make an additional difficulty setting for STF's:

Normal,
Elite (for the sane people),
Fetish Abuse for these true hardcore STF fans complete with overpowered Tac Cubes and Spheres that dish out plenty of 1-shot invisi-insta-kill torpedoes of death.
NO to ARC...Make It VOLUNTARY

RIP KDF 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:36 AM.