Ensign
# 1 Ambassador Class
09-17-2012, 05:11 PM
I am probably alone in this but I have always wanted to see the Enterprise C in action really think a retrofit Ambassador class would be awesome maybe let it except but not come with the saucer separation
Ensign
# 2
09-17-2012, 05:27 PM
You are not the only one. It has been discussed so much since launch and the devs are well aware of the fans of this ship wanting it in game. I believe its in their "To do" list but there is no telling if and when it will be put in game.
Lieutenant
# 3
09-17-2012, 05:34 PM
I'd suggest searching the forum for "Ambassador" before posting if you want to avoid "OMG noob!" type flame responses. There's probably been more Threads posted asking about Ambasadors on this forum than just about any other ship class.
Captain
# 4
09-17-2012, 06:07 PM
Based on the recent Podcast interviews the Ambassador is on the list of ships that should be coming out around Season 7 - so basically sometime between now and the end of the year.
Lieutenant
# 5 Ambassador Class
09-18-2012, 05:21 AM
I too have been wait patiently since STO started over 2 years ago. I don't know why they keep adding non-starfleet ships. The Ambassador has been long over due. I don't know why they're stalling so much on this ship.

Every older class starship has been added too. Ships like the: Miranda, Oberth, Constitution, & Excelsior have been in the game for a while now. If these older class ones are in the game then how come they can't launch the Ambassador class too. They keep saying they will add it....someday!
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
09-18-2012, 06:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by row124 View Post
I too have been wait patiently since STO started over 2 years ago. I don't know why they keep adding non-starfleet ships. The Ambassador has been long over due. I don't know why they're stalling so much on this ship.

Every older class starship has been added too. Ships like the: Miranda, Oberth, Constitution, & Excelsior have been in the game for a while now. If these older class ones are in the game then how come they can't launch the Ambassador class too. They keep saying they will add it....someday!
There is at least some rationale for having the Miranda, Oberth and Excelsior classes in the game, as those classes were wildly successful and were used for decades by Starfleet. The Constitution class, not so much, but they at least got around that by saying the Excalibur is a new design that pays homage to the Constitution.

On one hand, I can see the reasoning not to include it, as the Ambassador was never widely used by Starfleet (the show being the best evidence of this), at least, not nearly as widely used as the other classes like the Miranda or Excelsior. On the other hand, I don't see the harm in including it either. And I do like the design, I like it more than some of the newer designs like the Saber, the Galaxy-X, the Olympic or the Prometheus (all look a bit pants). Same goes for the Constellation, but at least there Cryptic made the Stargazer-class.
Career Officer
# 7
09-18-2012, 06:59 AM
Havn't we been over all this already, in 100 posts before?
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Captain
# 8
09-18-2012, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by row124 View Post
In simplest terms, and covered many other times, the Ambassador was going to be a Mission Reward item but the year of FTP conversion screwed up the schedule. The mission idea was not wiped just put on the back-burner until they could get around to it. It would seem it's somehow being incorporated into what's going on with Season 7 - coming in November/December.

Personally I think they should make the Ambassador the 3 year anniversary ship - much like they did with the Odyssey on the 2nd anniversary. Of course that would mean they need to come up with a old KDF ship for the other side too. They could give away a free T3.5 version as homage to the Ent C and then sell a T5 version in the C-Store.
Captain
# 9
09-18-2012, 09:22 AM
As much as I like the Ambassador-Class myself, if the ingame-representation of it outclasses the Galaxy-R I'm going to scream
-> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- -> Click if you prefer the old forum design! <-
-----------------------------------------------------------------
"No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
Captain
# 10
09-18-2012, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stofsk View Post
There is at least some rationale for having the Miranda, Oberth and Excelsior classes in the game, as those classes were wildly successful and were used for decades by Starfleet. The Constitution class, not so much, but they at least got around that by saying the Excalibur is a new design that pays homage to the Constitution.

On one hand, I can see the reasoning not to include it, as the Ambassador was never widely used by Starfleet (the show being the best evidence of this), at least, not nearly as widely used as the other classes like the Miranda or Excelsior. On the other hand, I don't see the harm in including it either. And I do like the design, I like it more than some of the newer designs like the Saber, the Galaxy-X, the Olympic or the Prometheus (all look a bit pants). Same goes for the Constellation, but at least there Cryptic made the Stargazer-class.
Uh, wrong. The ship was used in variouse missons transferring diplomats to the Enterprise-D. It was used in the Battle of Wolf 359(Emissary), its was used in the blockade in "Redemption II". Its shown atleast 6 time in TNG and a few times in DS9. Actually TNG showed the Ambassador Class more often than the Miranda. Miranda's didn't start showing up often till major battles in DS9, because its a frontline cannon fodder ship. You need to go back and watch Star Trek because you memory is shaky.