Lt. Commander
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 146
# 11
12-24-2012, 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariston View Post
I no longer do the General Recruitment mission because of the dilithium cost. I also refuse to upgrade greens to blues because it is too expensive. Greens have essentially become "throw aways" to be split into whites and then contributed to the fleet or sold. The increased dilithium has really made me re-think my DOFF recruiting. Not happy.
I'm kind of in that zone already, which maybe it why I shouldn't complain. Sure, there are a lot of things about this game I don't like, but since I never ever spend real money for Zen, (I'm a lifer too) I'm really not Cryptic's customer, am I? I'm a freeloader.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,400
# 12
12-24-2012, 11:54 PM
At this point my assumption is that cryptic's only intention for DOFFs is now as a consumable item and to try and sell us doffpacks as the best "deal".

They've shot themselves in the foot on that, because through mismanagement they've managed to devalue most DOFFs to the point where it's irrelevant. (example: getting lower tier DOFFs is often a losing situation as upgrinder costs are too high and random rewards for a double costed [doffs + dilithium] system is a terrible idea).


Dismissal dilithium rewards being gone, upgrinder costs and general recruitment pack costs now mean I simply don't bother with the DOFF system much.

Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 972
# 13
12-25-2012, 04:15 AM
me too since the change i just dont doff that much thankfuly i got loads of doffs already so only new chraters i make suffer.

i refuse to drop any dilth on doffs specialy since im bleeding out dilth faster than i can make it.

my advice is to just buy doff packs from xchange atleast ec is alot easyer to make
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 896
# 14
12-25-2012, 06:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
At this point my assumption is that cryptic's only intention for DOFFs is now as a consumable item and to try and sell us doffpacks as the best "deal".

They've shot themselves in the foot on that, because through mismanagement they've managed to devalue most DOFFs to the point where it's irrelevant. (example: getting lower tier DOFFs is often a losing situation as upgrinder costs are too high and random rewards for a double costed [doffs + dilithium] system is a terrible idea).


Dismissal dilithium rewards being gone, upgrinder costs and general recruitment pack costs now mean I simply don't bother with the DOFF system much.
I don't agree on the first part, they still (at least sorta) want DOffs for their powers and missions, notice they added the whole Epohh system with season 7.

Though yeah, Stahl specifically stated somewhere in the whole season 7 preludes/mess that the upgrinder prices were added to make "rare" DOffs "cost" as much from the grinder as they would from "other sources" - and the semi-general consensus is that they priced them up to C-store levels instead of pricing the C-store down...

Occasionally, I still use the DOff system for Contraband/Dilithium, and I desire max Diplomacy on each toon for the various transwarps to bases (K7 at tier 2, SB39 at tier 3, DS9 at tier 4).
50: S'Leth/Eurthyr/S. Dareau/Ardrian/Krudge/Annlova Not: Jadja
Still at it. CBS "restrictions" fell by wayside with freebie Breen. Time to re-examine ENT and ToS at tier 5, repurpose the Connie into Sci and rebuild an Akira escort into the "NX". 6 "eras", spread evenly over all the classes...
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 12,085
# 15
12-25-2012, 12:00 PM
I've noticed that the new compactor prices seem to be directly related to the Ferra store prices... IE, not cheap.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 402
# 16
12-26-2012, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
I've noticed that the new compactor prices seem to be directly related to the Ferra store prices... IE, not cheap.
At least with Ferra, you know what you're buying beforehand-not just the rarity, but the exact specialization and traits.

The 'upgrinder' only guarantees rarity. It doesn't even guarantee an officer. I always thought Ferra's store was a bit overpriced, but at least you're not rolling the die, as you are with the RNG roulette wheel.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vice Admiral Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 12,085
# 17
12-26-2012, 02:28 PM
I said related, not equal. :p The general compactor seems to be 5/12 of Ferra's price, and the racial ones are 6/12s.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 402
# 18
12-26-2012, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
I said related, not equal. :p The general compactor seems to be 5/12 of Ferra's price, and the racial ones are 6/12s.
My mistake. Reading comprehension score drastically reduced due to brain freeze from evil animated snowmen.

Still, as you stated earlier, not cheap. And at least for me, neither are worth the dilithium charged for the result, regardless.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vice Admiral Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:39 AM.