Captain
# 11
12-03-2012, 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
I thought Batts gave a base +75 to power levels.
I have no points in batteries and Im fairly certain the equipment info says that.

Dueterium is awesome for speed.

I do agree that the turrets pack no punch though for being disposable items.
no, the only give you a bonus if you power level was below 75.
Captain
# 12
12-03-2012, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twg042370 View Post
The OP has never heard of the concept of "by skin of your teeth".

You use them when everything else is on cooldown or has yet to recover from the energy drain and you're starting to hurt. They're Plan B. Don't rely on them and don't waste skill points either.
Why would i use them if i'm not in cooldown?
Career Officer
# 13
12-03-2012, 07:39 PM
RMC, SM are the staple on all my ships.

My science ships carries Aux Batteries for a quick boost

My Cruisers carry Deuterium and Weapon Batteries

You also get +75 regardless of your current powers levels, it just caps at 125.
I'll stop kicking that horse when the bugs fixed. Until then as a paying consumer, I will voice my opinion.
Captain
# 14
12-03-2012, 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
Man... now I see why baudl just trolls you...

OOOK here we go. Subspace Field Modulator. Massive defensive bonus totally useless right? Deuterium Surplus. Massive movement speed and turn rate buff definitely useless. Large Batteries. That +100 power bonus is of course completely useless.

As for no consumable fighters? Yeah, those Scorpion Fighters from "The Vault" aren't consumable devices with decent DPS and help out in fights.

Seriously man, are you just troll-posting?
Listen genius, if it was bad, I would of had a complaint about it in this thread. Think outside the box for once. The fighters you use to get from the Vault were consumable because there are a limited number of times you could launch them and they go into the device slot and not a hangar. They my not have been powerful but they were a hell of a disstraction. Maybe you never picked them from the End-game rewards.
Empire Veteran
# 15
12-03-2012, 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexindcobra View Post
no, the only give you a bonus if you power level was below 75.
Whaaaaa???? (looks around, picks up salt shaker, shakes it intently)

Am I on Candid Camera?
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Commander
# 16
12-03-2012, 07:53 PM
Science ship aux batteries can be really good, On a science Aux2Bat build Aux batteries are cocaine you cant get enough often enough. Tac CRF or CSV hit a weapons battery and see what the numbers do. If you run BO# you basically have to have a weapons bats to really get the most out of it(As in BO then bat immediately).

Also as said Batteries award a blank total amount your bat skill just says how long that amount lasts for.
Captain
# 17
12-03-2012, 07:59 PM
Quote:
Its been a while since I used those scorpians or Turrets. Momentary lapse of reason, do Tac buffs buff them as well?
Buffs never helped my turrets. I don't remember if buffs helped the fighters. I have exhausted them all. I wish they would give somithing out like that again. It would be nice to have fighters fight eachother so you can concentrate on the other player.
Empire Veteran
# 18
12-03-2012, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Buffs never helped my turrets. I don't remember if buffs helped the fighters. I have exhausted them all. I wish they would give somithing out like that again. It would be nice to have fighters fight eachother so you can concentrate on the other player.
Can you not target the pets with your pets? Seems like that would be a great way to tie up pets.

Though I still agree consumable missoion rewards like turrets and scorpian fighters may need a buff.
1945-2014
RIP
Captain
# 19
12-03-2012, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Whaaaaa???? (looks around, picks up salt shaker, shakes it intently)

Am I on Candid Camera?
Thats what the say when you read the info. I only benefit from the Aux battery, and Deuterium. The Engine battery only fix my engines if disabled but it don't help my perfomance. My weapons and shield power are above power level 75 so they don't get much of a boost if any.
Empire Veteran
# 20
12-03-2012, 08:12 PM
Quote:
Thats what the say when you read the info. I only benefit from the Aux battery, and Deuterium. The Engine battery only fix my engines if disabled but it don't help my perfomance. My weapons and shield power are above power level 75 so they don't get much of a boost if any.
Where did you read that? All my batterries that I buy at spacedock give +75 straightup regardless of my existing power settings. All power tops out at 125, but a battery takes a 25 to a 100.
If its not for you then thats a bug, a big one.

Ill add proper Battery usage to the STO mythbuster premise.
1945-2014
RIP

Last edited by bitemepwe; 12-03-2012 at 08:15 PM.