Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 542
# 41
12-04-2012, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bortjinx View Post
Is there anything in game apart from the Phase Modulator and RMC that are not consumable devices?
There're Rechargable Shields batteries.
Also, there are the holoemitters, but they do run out eventually.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 42
12-04-2012, 02:51 PM
And as usual, when logic and real experience starts to speak, OP has nothing to say.

Alex, I think what grinds my gears the most about you is that you do bring up valid points every so often. But those points are then drowned by your aggressive stance and close minded methods. What annoys me the most about your posts are that they aren't constructive at all. You just attack Cryptic or other players. If your posts had just ONE thing, then I would be able to tolerate all the negativity. What your posts are missing are suggestions for improvements.

I look back at all your threads that I have watched, and so far, all you do is blindly attack anyone who offers even a slightly different opinion, if you don't outright dismiss them. And each of your starting posts are just complaints. No suggestions for improvements, no really useful information. If you could change that, I would actually try to help you instead of laugh. And I think I am not the only one when it comes to this.

Take a chill pill man, relax a little. Instead of just complaining, why not point out possible flaws, and then offer solutions?
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.

Last edited by hereticknight085; 12-04-2012 at 04:51 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 598
# 43
12-05-2012, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Where did you read that? All my batterries that I buy at spacedock give +75 straightup regardless of my existing power settings. All power tops out at 125, but a battery takes a 25 to a 100.
If its not for you then thats a bug, a big one.

Ill add proper Battery usage to the STO mythbuster premise.
I don't have any of my systems below 25 power level. My engine level at 29 and all the engine battery do for me is enable my disbled engine and boost power level but it doesn't get much faster and it doesn't boost my turn rate. The Shield one boost pwer level but you don't a gain in much shield HP. They only boost 700 hp per shield face. That's nothing compared to how much your full shield hp is in the tens of thousands and DPS from enemy players are well over the tens of thousands. Even enemy NPC's DPS is over 700 DPS.

On the side of bonuses granted, who want to fly around with their shield power below 75? The lower your shield level, the lower your resistance and recharge rate per 6 seconds. Back in my early cruiser days, I was struggling to find ways to boost my shield power above 58 percent without allocating most of my ship's power to the shields. My ship was always loosing shields, and end up poping quit fast in PVP and having to heal allot to survive in PVE. As I got wiser, I found ways to keep my shields operating above 80%. The need for a battery use is not while i have shields and EPS available but when my shields are down or low, and all my shield heals are in cool down.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 598
# 44
12-05-2012, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
And as usual, when logic and real experience starts to speak, OP has nothing to say.

Alex, I think what grinds my gears the most about you is that you do bring up valid points every so often. But those points are then drowned by your aggressive stance and close minded methods. What annoys me the most about your posts are that they aren't constructive at all. You just attack Cryptic or other players. If your posts had just ONE thing, then I would be able to tolerate all the negativity. What your posts are missing are suggestions for improvements.

I look back at all your threads that I have watched, and so far, all you do is blindly attack anyone who offers even a slightly different opinion, if you don't outright dismiss them. And each of your starting posts are just complaints. No suggestions for improvements, no really useful information. If you could change that, I would actually try to help you instead of laugh. And I think I am not the only one when it comes to this.

Take a chill pill man, relax a little. Instead of just complaining, why not point out possible flaws, and then offer solutions?
First of all, I didn't attack you. You tried to irritate me by bringing up a person I contiue to ignore for certain purposes. Secondly, you have a reading comprehenion problem because you add your a own assuptions to what I said. If it was a test, you would of failed. Nowhere in my thead, did I say all batteries are garbage. I mentioned only the batteries that I have a problem with. Why don't you just take it at that? If you dissaggree, you dissagree. It does not change what I said. I get aggressive when you try to put words in my mouth or try to make me look like the bad guy because I dissagree with somebody. It is only you and one other person that tries to tick me off on all my threads. Why can't you just state your opinion and move on? You don't learn anything from trying to start arguments. The forums were not meant for that. Threads are meant to state your opinion, the next guy states his opinion, and so on. If opinions don't aggree, then ideas don't change, but when you try to make a thread about the OP, instead of the subject ,then you are the instigator of a fight or argument. People can relax when you keep their names out of your mouth. Besides, who are you to tell somebody not to complain? You have no authority to tell people how to talk or write threads. Write your own threads.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 598
# 45
12-05-2012, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bortjinx View Post
So, what devices are actually out there?

Subspace Field Modulator,
Red Matter capacitor,
Scorpion Fighters,
Batteries,
Dueterium Surplus.

Anything else?
You left out:
Shield Batt'
Aux Batt,
Weapon Batt, and
Engine Batt.

Red Matter capacitor is not consumable, it is permanent and you can use it every two minutes. There are special hybrid batties out there but you have to go buy them out of Lobi store or win them from an event. I don't know what all the devices are out there, but some rare ones are found in the Exchange.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 598
# 46
12-05-2012, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redricky View Post
There are some rechargable batteries floating around out there. I think there are some on the exchange.

Gotta disagree with the OP. Weapon batt for double tapping BO, deuts and engine batt on a BoP for hightailing it or for chasing down a kill in PvP or probes in an stf, aux batt for my Aux2Batt addiction, SFM is universally attractive, Jevonite is ridiculously good. I honestly use the shield batt the least, but that's just because there's so much competition for the slots.

Deployables are pretty useless for most things things aside from grabbing a bit of aggro for me in things like Pi Canis optionals. I can't see them buffing deployables too much or they would compete with operational assets, and they couldn't have that now, could they?

And call me crazy, but I kind of like that you have to go and get the most powerful ones, the deuterium and the jevonite. It's a little something that a dedicated player has that you can't just go buy at the Z-store.

This is not correct, and possibly the source of your irritation with batteries.

The single most used one for me is the weapons battery because 1. over-capping currently benefits every energy weapon type and 2. no matter how high you boost power levels the BO subtraction begins at 125, not your over-capped or theoretical level, so a weapons battery gets used to recover from the drain.
I didn't say anything bad about the weapon batt but I still don't need it, because i have too many other options that boost weapons or break from disabilities of weapons.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 598
# 47
12-05-2012, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by latiasracer View Post
I disagree, batteries are usefull. Using AUX boosts my quantum field phaser up by 800 Damage, shield batteries restore some shield HP, weapon batteries have noticible dps increase (With both turrets and the new borg cutting beam) and the engines have an instantanious speed boost.

I Guess you must be one of those players who's upset you don't get everything for free, and thus everything cryptic does is "ERMEGERD SCAM"
I didn't say all batteries are bad, but the Shields, and Engine batts are useless to me because they don't add adiquate performance. I have no need for weaopn batt because of many other things i got to boost weapon power or break disabilties.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,442
# 48
12-05-2012, 03:46 PM
An engine battery is only useful to you if you're using an Impulse or Hyper Impulse Engine. I imagine you are using a combat engine (with you're low power level) and so as a result an engine battery won't do you much good due to the way they lose speed above 55 power.

I run a science ship and I use a shield battery when my shields start to take a few hits. The hp regain is small yes, but the damage reduction is great. They are also really good for getting rid of nasty beam target shields that take out whole facings.

The subspace field modulator has often saved my bacon due to the insane damage reduction and defense values it adds when active.

Batteries are a little rubbish in the game, but they aren't the be and end all of combat. They are there to provide a brief reprieve and last resort; after all the game would hardly show skill if I ran out of batteries during a match and therefore became useless as a result.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 49
12-05-2012, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexindcobra View Post
First of all, I didn't attack you. You tried to irritate me by bringing up a person I contiue to ignore for certain purposes. Secondly, you have a reading comprehenion problem because you add your a own assuptions to what I said. If it was a test, you would of failed. Nowhere in my thead, did I say all batteries are garbage. I mentioned only the batteries that I have a problem with. Why don't you just take it at that? If you dissaggree, you dissagree. It does not change what I said. I get aggressive when you try to put words in my mouth or try to make me look like the bad guy because I dissagree with somebody. It is only you and one other person that tries to tick me off on all my threads. Why can't you just state your opinion and move on? You don't learn anything from trying to start arguments. The forums were not meant for that. Threads are meant to state your opinion, the next guy states his opinion, and so on. If opinions don't aggree, then ideas don't change, but when you try to make a thread about the OP, instead of the subject ,then you are the instigator of a fight or argument. People can relax when you keep their names out of your mouth. Besides, who are you to tell somebody not to complain? You have no authority to tell people how to talk or write threads. Write your own threads.
First of all, walls of text are not conducive to people reading. Secondly, you completely ignored what I said. I did nothing to try to attack you. I was simply stating holes in your post. And as I said, you need to look at the whole thing. And I would personally say that +80 power (what batteries give you) aren't useless. Turrets provide good distractions. Everything has it's uses. But I still notice you didn't do anything about my final statement besides rage more. You have as of yet to provide a suggestion as to how to improve this. If you did that, your threads might actually be successful. As is, all I see is you raging about something not being perfect.

Call me whatever, but I want to be on your side. I want to see you satisfied. But you are making it almost impossible for me to do so. I didn't put any words in your mouth (impossible considering it's just text), I just pointed out holes in what you said. If you really find that offensive, you need to take a step back, since there actually is such a thing such as constructive criticism. Which I am trying to provide. You post up asking for responses, and I am giving you one, and even staying on topic this time. Sheesh!
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 682
# 50
12-05-2012, 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexindcobra View Post
I didn't say all batteries are bad, but the Shields, and Engine batts are useless to me because they don't add adiquate performance. I have no need for weaopn batt because of many other things i got to boost weapon power or break disabilties.
Useless to you, not garbage to others..

Devices are optional after all, heck you don't even "have" to put anything in there to begin with.

My science ships love their Aux Batteries

My cruisers love their Weapon and Shield Batteries
I'll stop kicking that horse when the bugs fixed. Until then as a paying consumer, I will voice my opinion.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:35 AM.