Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,395
# 51
12-06-2012, 02:39 AM
a) Batteries are awesome and will save your life and shelter newborn kittens
b) You will only reach your ship's max potential through the proper and well-timed use of batteries
c) They're cheap as hell
d) They repair subsystems
e) If you account for them properly (hint: DOffs, skill tree) they can return ridonkulous benefits to your performance.

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Commander
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 394
# 52
12-06-2012, 03:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexindcobra View Post
You left out:
Shield Batt'
Aux Batt,
Weapon Batt, and
Engine Batt.

Red Matter capacitor is not consumable, it is permanent and you can use it every two minutes. There are special hybrid batties out there but you have to go buy them out of Lobi store or win them from an event. I don't know what all the devices are out there, but some rare ones are found in the Exchange.
Yeah, I was kinda ignoring the batteries since they were mentioned so many other times i the thread.

I was more looking for permanent devices, like the RMC or Subspace Field Modulator.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,764
# 53
12-06-2012, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexindcobra View Post
I don't have any of my systems below 25 power level. My engine level at 29 and all the engine battery do for me is enable my disbled engine and boost power level but it doesn't get much faster and it doesn't boost my turn rate. The Shield one boost pwer level but you don't a gain in much shield HP. They only boost 700 hp per shield face. That's nothing compared to how much your full shield hp is in the tens of thousands and DPS from enemy players are well over the tens of thousands. Even enemy NPC's DPS is over 700 DPS.

On the side of bonuses granted, who want to fly around with their shield power below 75? The lower your shield level, the lower your resistance and recharge rate per 6 seconds. Back in my early cruiser days, I was struggling to find ways to boost my shield power above 58 percent without allocating most of my ship's power to the shields. My ship was always loosing shields, and end up poping quit fast in PVP and having to heal allot to survive in PVE. As I got wiser, I found ways to keep my shields operating above 80%. The need for a battery use is not while i have shields and EPS available but when my shields are down or low, and all my shield heals are in cool down.
Most batteries do not heal you but only add to your power levels and repair disabled system that falls into the batts description. Some like Shield Batts also boost the Regen rate temporarily on top of the repair and power boost.

Shield Batts do not heal shield health at all.
Engine Batts only boost your speed based off the increase in engine power they give. A slow ship will still be slower than a fast ship that pops an engine battery, but having a higher engine power setting does increase ones turn and speed temporarily.

To keep your shields up and well resistant you will need to cycle EPTS with some other EPTx abilitiy (or do two). This will keep your shields healed and increase your shield resists due to the inherent resist bonus of the power and that a high shield power score gives a resist bonus as well.
Add TSS (with a good Aux boost from AuxBatt or EPTA) to the mix and it will further heal your shields as well as add a further amount to your resists (though the strength is based on Aux levels)

To further boost ones resists you can also use HE and A2Sif to give yourself an Aux dependent ALL damage resist.

EPTS ( +18% TO +30% SHIELD RESISTS) 30 seconds

HE ( +13 ALL damage reduction to +20 ALL damage reduction ) 15 seconds

TSS ( +7% to +15% Aux dependent shield resists) 15 seconds

A2Sif ( +19 Aux dependent All damage reduction to +36 Aux dependent all damage reduction) 10 seconds
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 598
# 54
12-07-2012, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Most batteries do not heal you but only add to your power levels and repair disabled system that falls into the batts description. Some like Shield Batts also boost the Regen rate temporarily on top of the repair and power boost.

Shield Batts do not heal shield health at all.
Engine Batts only boost your speed based off the increase in engine power they give. A slow ship will still be slower than a fast ship that pops an engine battery, but having a higher engine power setting does increase ones turn and speed temporarily.

To keep your shields up and well resistant you will need to cycle EPTS with some other EPTx abilitiy (or do two). This will keep your shields healed and increase your shield resists due to the inherent resist bonus of the power and that a high shield power score gives a resist bonus as well.
Add TSS (with a good Aux boost from AuxBatt or EPTA) to the mix and it will further heal your shields as well as add a further amount to your resists (though the strength is based on Aux levels)

To further boost ones resists you can also use HE and A2Sif to give yourself an Aux dependent ALL damage resist.

EPTS ( +18% TO +30% SHIELD RESISTS) 30 seconds

HE ( +13 ALL damage reduction to +20 ALL damage reduction ) 15 seconds

TSS ( +7% to +15% Aux dependent shield resists) 15 seconds

A2Sif ( +19 Aux dependent All damage reduction to +36 Aux dependent all damage reduction) 10 seconds
The funny thing about the shield battery is that it boost the power level and regenerate 700 hp for 10 second. The problem is shields only regenerate every 6 seconds and you can only fit 6 into 10, 1 time. You benefit from one weak regenration per use. and then wait for long cooldown before you can use the next battery.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,764
# 55
12-07-2012, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexindcobra View Post
The funny thing about the shield battery is that it boost the power level and regenerate 700 hp for 10 second. The problem is shields only regenerate every 6 seconds and you can only fit 6 into 10, 1 time. You benefit from one weak regenration per use. and then wait for long cooldown before you can use the next battery.
I agree, the SHield Batt buff to regen needs to be a 12 second time limit so it gets 2 cycles of the buff off before the long CD.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,016
# 56
12-07-2012, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
I agree, the SHield Batt buff to regen needs to be a 12 second time limit so it gets 2 cycles of the buff off before the long CD.
i think 1 or 2 points in batterie fixes that.

only because alexindcobra thinks most devices are garbage doesn't mean they actually are, on the contrary actually. Not the first thing he has no clue about, and any atempt to explain it is futile.
Go pro or go home

Last edited by baudl; 12-07-2012 at 11:34 AM.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,764
# 57
12-10-2012, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baudl View Post
i think 1 or 2 points in batterie fixes that.

only because alexindcobra thinks most devices are garbage doesn't mean they actually are, on the contrary actually. Not the first thing he has no clue about, and any atempt to explain it is futile.
Ah, then its a moot point if one skills the skill. Problem solved.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,123
# 58
12-10-2012, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dma1986 View Post
There're Rechargable Shields batteries.
Aside from the exchange, is it still possible to get one of these?
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,336
# 59
12-10-2012, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexindcobra View Post
The funny thing about the shield battery is that it boost the power level and regenerate 700 hp for 10 second. The problem is shields only regenerate every 6 seconds and you can only fit 6 into 10, 1 time. You benefit from one weak regenration per use. and then wait for long cooldown before you can use the next battery.
I have no problems with shield batteries whatsoever. I use it in between gaps of EPtS uses, ST's and TSS's and it keeps my shield regen' very effective.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 60
12-10-2012, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whamhammer1 View Post
I have no problems with shield batteries whatsoever. I use it in between gaps of EPtS uses, ST's and TSS's and it keeps my shield regen' very effective.
And they are so easy to get, it's a moot point.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:44 PM.