Career Officer
Well Devs is there any chance for fleet cruiser ship? I know, no Constitution class and I'm fine with that, but what about the ships that were developed to REPLACE the constitution? I'm talking about the Exeter, Vesper, and Excalibur classes? These ships are too beautiful to be left only in T2 ship section forever! Any word on this at all?
[/SIGPIC][SIGPIC]
Career Officer
# 2
12-03-2012, 10:47 PM
I'm just saying if the kdf is allowed to get the beautiful ICONIC D7 K'tinga class as a fleet ship then could we get the Exeter as a fleet cruiser at least? I'm not even a Constitution class fan I just love how the Exeter looks.
[/SIGPIC][SIGPIC]
Career Officer
# 3
12-04-2012, 07:36 AM
Excalibur > Exeter
Quote:
Originally Posted by meimeitoo View Post
They need to stop the exodus, fast. Here's 2 ways:
* Cut Upgrade Dilithium cost in half;
* Undo any and all XP nerfs.
And, as a general rule of thumb, don't keep treating your customers like your enemy, that you feel you have to stifle/nerf at every corner.
Career Officer
# 4
12-04-2012, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by venetar90 View Post
I'm just saying if the kdf is allowed to get the beautiful ICONIC D7 K'tinga class as a fleet ship then could we get the Exeter as a fleet cruiser at least? I'm not even a Constitution class fan I just love how the Exeter looks.
There seem to be several reasons why the KDF can use the D7 skin, one of which is the fact the K't'inga model was used when the D7 was supposed to appear in Voyager "Prophecy", which totally f**ked up that ship's design lineage.
IMO the D7 and the K't'inga should not have been put on the same tier.
Another is that the people at Cryptic don't seem to know the difference between the D7 and the K't'inga (on the old forums CaptnLogan once asked what the difference between those two ships is).

So in this case, just for once, their underdevelopment works in favour of the KDF and does not hamper it.
And no I'm not happy about that TBH, from a gamer's persepctive.
I like the Exeter too.
Career Officer
# 5
12-04-2012, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by venetar90 View Post
Well Devs is there any chance for fleet cruiser ship?
I think, at the very least we should be able to purchase a fleet Exeter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
There seem to be several reasons why the KDF can use the D7 skin, one of which is the fact the K't'inga model was used when the D7 was supposed to appear in Voyager "Prophecy", which totally f**ked up that ship's design lineage.
If they had showed a D7 model in Voyager, have the viewers would have been screaming at the TV. You can't go showing old CGI on a new show. Even the Constitution Class in ENT looked nice and new compared to the TOS version.

The Klingon Ship in Prophecy was an old design, those Klingons had been travelling for quite some time remember.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
IMO the D7 and the K't'inga should not have been put on the same tier.
Actually, if you do some research it is explained. Both ships use the same frame, and unlike Starfleet, the Klingons use the same frame and refit it over the years (look how old the B'rel is, yet it's still in service and still fighting fit).

Someone on another thread had a more detailed explanation for this, I'll try to find it later.
Career Officer
# 6
12-04-2012, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash525 View Post
If they had showed a D7 model in Voyager, have the viewers would have been screaming at the TV. You can't go showing old CGI on a new show. Even the Constitution Class in ENT looked nice and new compared to the TOS version.
CGI? What CGI?
They never made a CG version of the D7.
The only thing they did was completely rebuild the D7 as a physical model for "Trials and Tribble-ations".
It looked like this:

http://ds9.trekcore.com/gallery/albu...eations247.jpg

Are you sure you know what CGI means?

Quote:
The Klingon Ship in Prophecy was an old design, those Klingons had been travelling for quite some time remember.
Yes, it was a pre-Star Trek 6 ship.
However the Klingons have been using K't'ingas in the 2270's (Star Trek 1), that's more than a century by Voyager's 7th season.

Quote:
Actually, if you do some research it is explained. Both ships use the same frame, and unlike Starfleet, the Klingons use the same frame and refit it over the years (look how old the B'rel is, yet it's still in service and still fighting fit).

Someone on another thread had a more detailed explanation for this, I'll try to find it later.
Whole the B'rel did not change physically over time, the D7 and K't'inga have too many physical differences to be the same ship.
Some of them are even more extensive than those between the Connie and the Connie refit.
Not even soft-canon material like the stuff from FASA indicates the Klingons ever refitted any D7 to the K't'inga pattern but built the latter as new ships.
But let's assume for a moment the K't'inga is some kind of reitted D7...why is the old Connie on a different tier than her refit when on the Klingon version they put both on the same?
It makes no sense either way.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-06-2012, 10:49 AM
Here is my conspiracy theory: CBS will finally authorize a T5 connie when the new movie comes out next year. And if that doesnt happen, Cryptic will finally add a T5 Exeter to the fleet store around that same time. Either way someone is going to cash in on the new movie in this game.
Ensign
# 8
01-21-2013, 05:28 PM
I support the idea of a T5 Exeter/Excalibur/Vesper. We've got a T5 of just about every other variant and I understand about no T5 Constitution, but at least give us its 25th century cousins.

EDIT: Closed for necroing an old thread. Remember, if a thread has been inactive for 30 days, you should not post to it. Feel free to create a new thread on the subject if you would like to discuss further ~BranFlakes

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 01-21-2013 at 05:48 PM.
Closed Thread