Ensign
# 1 Confused about skill points..
12-04-2012, 04:43 AM
I just want to make sure I got this right before using a respec token.

My character is now captain, but I can't allocate any of my skills to the captain level space as it is greyed out.

Is this because I need to allocate more SP to ground before I unlock the captain level space??

I have read other threads on this issue, but it was never particularly clear whether this is right or not.
Captain
# 2
12-04-2012, 04:50 AM
Yes. you need a certain amount of ground skills as well as space skills. It's rather annoying, as there are few decent ground skills.
Captain
# 3
12-04-2012, 05:14 PM
Yes. You have to spend roughly 25% of your skill points on ground skills. But you have a lot of wiggle room to play with.
Captain
# 4
12-05-2012, 08:46 AM
Could it also be that you don;t have enough points to level a skill up? Basically, if the arrows are not there, then you can't level that skill up. So, if you see arrows in Ground but not Space, well there's your sign.

On a related note, burn that token. Heck, buy more if you must. Don't think you have one shot to "get it right". Tweak your character to get what's perfect for you!

BUT - use tools if they are available. On the stick list in this forum is one for a Skill Planner from STO Academy. The guy really built a solid system. I recommend reading the Help Guide (since I didn't and I spent time learning the hard way) and you can make a decenet plan to help reduce your respec concerns.

Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Captain
# 5
12-05-2012, 08:49 AM