Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Commander
Big fleet or small fleet,the cost and time on all projects is still far too high,and really slow going.
The 20 hour projects are so slow they really drag.It was good that the time was brought down from 40 hours,but this is not enough.
The cost of 200,000 dilithium for these special projects is a rip off. Big fleet or small fleet.
Sadly not everyone in a fleet contributes their fair share.We can not make them do it,and therefore progress is heavily slowed.
The game would be alot more fun if,all and any projects cost was sharply reduced right down,and that dilithium costs would be very small too.no more expensive stuff please.
I wish there was something in this game,where i could run my own fleet with just duty officers as staff. There would be no arguements about contributions and getting work done would be more efficient.
Deep down,i think this fleet system was a mistake,it would be nice to have a fleet with just myself and doffs only as said. as an option of course.
If any Devs have seen and read this,please think on it.
Lieutenant
# 2
12-04-2012, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz200565 View Post
Big fleet or small fleet,the cost and time on all projects is still far too high,and really slow going.
The 20 hour projects are so slow they really drag.It was good that the time was brought down from 40 hours,but this is not enough.
The cost of 200,000 dilithium for these special projects is a rip off. Big fleet or small fleet.
Sadly not everyone in a fleet contributes their fair share.We can not make them do it,and therefore progress is heavily slowed.
The game would be alot more fun if,all and any projects cost was sharply reduced right down,and that dilithium costs would be very small too.no more expensive stuff please.
I wish there was something in this game,where i could run my own fleet with just duty officers as staff. There would be no arguements about contributions and getting work done would be more efficient.
Deep down,i think this fleet system was a mistake,it would be nice to have a fleet with just myself and doffs only as said. as an option of course.
I think at this point, if you are unhappy with how things are, it's time to find a new hobby.
Commander
# 3
12-04-2012, 07:24 AM
I do think the 200k Dilithium requirements for the special projects is a bit too much. I understand why it is that high. For larger fleets getting 200k Dilithium should be pretty easy. For smaller fleets it is a pain, especially now you need them for the Embassy as well.

Until we completeed one of them a few days ago, we had 3 limited time projects running - one in the Embassy, and two in the Starbase. That's some 600k Dilithium needed to finish them. I think that if they could find a way to implement scaling requirements based on the number of people in your fleet, that would be good.

Smaller fleets should require fewer resources, but also offer fewer fleet credits. This will average out the number of fleet credits earned since people in smaller fleets will be contributing more to the fleet projects than people in larger fleets.
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
12-04-2012, 10:09 AM
Just freeze the exchange at a fair rate and we can BUY the needed dilith

but while its being manipulated up and down
not a chance
Captain
# 5 No big news
12-04-2012, 10:13 AM
Quote:
We have a big fleet also slow going why most of our members do not play sto so much as they did !!
Because like they say there is nothing new added yes a stupid grind game PWE style. Sorry but thats what they say, and I agree I play an other MMO and there is a lot to do we made our guild there and thats the place we will be more and more as long Cryptic doesn't start to be serious about things and give more content or at least upgrade content like talking animations instead off reading all the time .
More Startrek truth to the mmo. Because sorry to say this MMO has Nothing to do with startrek at all.....
Captain
# 6
12-04-2012, 10:17 AM
the 200k special dilithium projects are purely cosmetic...If you see something in a store that is way overprized but still pretty, do you buy it? And if you do, how many times will you be able to do it?
Same in this game, if you feel it is too much, don't buy it!
Go pro or go home
Career Officer
# 7
12-04-2012, 10:20 AM
ya know wot, I refuse to contribute to those cosmetic projects for the star base. Most of the folks in my fleet aren't interested in them. Matter of fact, Ive only seen 2 people in my fleet go YAY MORN! I look at it this way, they're morons. But hey, that's why these cosmetic projects were created, even more so the Cstore... "A fool and his money are soon parted".

Even still, with those of us against the project, it was sad to see the dance floor progressing while the shipyard upgrade project didn't get much contribution.
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
12-04-2012, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Whats the point of doing a fleet then? if you like you can always "Leave" your fleet and just work on your own with DOFFs...dont need any upgrades for that...if you need stuff from a fleet store peeps are always going around that requirement and fleets will gladly sell you the stuff without being committed to one. Nobody is putting a gun on you to belong to a fleet