Lieutenant
# 1 Which ship?
12-04-2012, 12:00 PM
I'll be making Vice admiral in a few weeks, which means I'll have to pick out my last FREE ship. I've been flying science vessels (currently in a Recon Sci vessel), and was just wondering what everybody thought my last one should be? I want to make sure I make the best decision on this one.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-04-2012, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirscht View Post
I'll be making Vice admiral in a few weeks, which means I'll have to pick out my last FREE ship. I've been flying science vessels (currently in a Recon Sci vessel), and was just wondering what everybody thought my last one should be? I want to make sure I make the best decision on this one.
The last free ship you get is at RA level, alas unless you're a lifetimer you have already picked your last FREE ship.

Moving on... you might want to try the other ships of that lvl, namely the mirror universe ships, also if you're planning on buying a Z-store ship, well that depends on many factors. I have the VA Intrepid among others and I love it!
Career Officer
# 3
12-04-2012, 12:34 PM
If you're looking for pure science ships, the choice is between the Intrepid, Atrox and Vesta. Intrepid is a straight up sci ship, Atrox has two hangars, and Vesta has hangars plus the Aux cannons (and other crazy powers). Vesta is probably the most versatile sci ship in the game, considering the three variants and the universal Boff slots. The cannons also probably make it the one with the most bite. Actually, screw it. Just get a Vesta.
Commander
# 4
12-04-2012, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwave85 View Post
If you're looking for pure science ships, the choice is between the Intrepid, Atrox and Vesta. Intrepid is a straight up sci ship, Atrox has two hangars, and Vesta has hangars plus the Aux cannons (and other crazy powers). Vesta is probably the most versatile sci ship in the game, considering the three variants and the universal Boff slots. The cannons also probably make it the one with the most bite. Actually, screw it. Just get a Vesta.
One with the most bite is still the Atrox because it has 2 hangers and DHCs. If you want a carrier get the Atrox, if you want anything different then get the Vesta.

Kyle
Delta Fleet Command
Lieutenant
# 5
12-04-2012, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by auricius View Post
The last free ship you get is at RA level, alas unless you're a lifetimer you have already picked your last FREE ship.
!
Hmm. didnt know that. i had assumed the last ship would be with the last rank. Guess that norrows my choices significantly. Guess it's good I like my ship. Probably going to buy a new character soon anyways and try different paths. Maybe I'll try cruisers next.
Lieutenant
# 6
12-04-2012, 02:37 PM
Are any of you in a fleet? What kind of Sci ship would you prefer to see supporting a fleet (if that changed your answer at all?)
Captain
# 7
12-04-2012, 02:41 PM
Try out a Mirror Universe Cruiser off the Exchange. Cheap, would give you a chance to try something different without having to spend a ton of dil or zen or roll a new character to 40. Then you'd know if you want your next character to be a tank or a gunship.
Captain
# 8
12-04-2012, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirscht View Post
Are any of you in a fleet? What kind of Sci ship would you prefer to see supporting a fleet (if that changed your answer at all?)
For Sci ships, the Vesta is the most flexible for the various fleet PvEs. It has the ability to put a fair amount of firepower on target quickly, which would be good for most fleet PvE, and then you can switch to a heal boat or crowd control for things like Blockade. If you mostly do things with the same people, it will depend on your groups need. Since you like the RSV, the Vesta would likely be a good fit with similar turnrate (i think Vesta's is slightly lower) and hull strength, whereas the Atrox is a tanky slow-boat.