Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,532
Here is a quote from Dev bolog #25 :

Quote:
Most importantly, be sure to run the "Fastest Game on Ice" race, because this will reward you with winter gift boxes that may contain parts to help build the best prize of all . . .
Here's a description of the "Kompu gacha" mechanic that is banned in Japan :

Quote:
"Kompu gacha" took the system a step further, requiring multiple rare prizes to be won from the random "gacha" system before the grand prize would be awarded. While the ban in Japan is specifically only on "kompu gacha,"
Info on Japan's ban on the "Kompu gacha" mechanic can be seen here .

Another description of the "gatcha" mechanic can be seen here :

Quote:
game players pay for virtual goods without knowing exactly which particular item they?ll receive via the exchange. It could be the final piece they need to assemble some larger tool that helps them succeed in the game environment, or it could be an item they already have and/or don?t need.
Now , at the risk of either total apathy (or one more s%^&t storm) from the community -- I'm actually making this post for the Devs .
They should be informed (if they are not informed already) -- and perhaps requested that they refrain from using the "Kompu gacha" mechanic if possible .

Last note -- it could very well be that while using the "Kompu gacha" mechanic as a basis , Cryptic has retooled it somewhat .
We won't know that until Branflakes much touted "Next Blog" sees the light of the internets -- where we will (hopefully) see how Cryptic will monetize the whole "parts to help build the best prize of all" thing .
I've decided to make this post prior to that Blog to inform Cryptic -- instead of having to post a rant after the fact .

Have a nice day .
(and don't make me say "I told you so" . Please . )
STO will be out of Beta in another 2-4 years ???
... you know after another 3 story arc remasters, crafting revamp, skills revamp, PVP upgrade ...
*note : the 2-4 year guesstimate came out of comparing Cryptic's Dev speed and that of a snail . Sadly the snail won .
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 883
# 2
12-04-2012, 01:30 AM
Agreed, but I suspect that PWE are trying their luck in other countries until it is banned as well.

The lockbox came very close to that dynamic, but it sounds like the winter event is going the whole hog so to speak......
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,657
# 3 one step for,ward 20 steps back
12-04-2012, 02:09 AM
yup, i m expecting the biggest pile of smelling dung that we have seen so far in this game. Crytpics spin, you have to craft the parts in a doff mission with 98% success 2% crit chance (according to tool tip) where only Crit success will grant the big price. magically, depsite 98% success will result in roughly 0.002 percent succes, and a simllar percentage of success being crits.

this does not bode well
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,069
# 4
12-04-2012, 02:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aelfwin1 View Post
Here's a description of the "Kompu gacha" mechanic that is banned in Japan :
Normal food suited for humans was banned in Japan and I dont see anyone making threads about that.

Normaly things get banned because people are too stupid to know what is good or bad for them and need someone (who in theory is smarter) to ban the things for them to protect them from their own stupidity.

Now I know I wont loose any part of my body opening boxes and I know that one of the things I hate most about stupidity in humans is the thingy called "ban" .Why the F*** someone needs to ban something?If you cant stop yourself to open boxes you need help and to spend some serious time with your parents (thats needed for reeducation).

Kids remember: No one can protect your from your own stupidity....not even bans.
Ensign
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 24
# 5
12-04-2012, 02:20 AM
Although i like a lot off things they do, the lockbox system is realy anoying.
Also i will not join the wonderland if the prize is going to be like stated
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 612
# 6
12-04-2012, 02:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianm63 View Post
Normal food suited for humans was banned in Japan and I dont see anyone making threads about that.

Normaly things get banned because people are too stupid to know what is good or bad for them and need someone (who in theory is smarter) to ban the things for them to protect them from their own stupidity.

Now I know I wont loose any part of my body opening boxes and I know that one of the things I hate most about stupidity in humans is the thingy called "ban" .Why the F*** someone needs to ban something?If you cant stop yourself to open boxes you need help and to spend some serious time with your parents (thats needed for reeducation).

Kids remember: No one can protect your from your own stupidity....not even bans.

Spoken like a good little shill.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 917
# 7
12-04-2012, 02:23 AM
Smells like a pile of Elephant DUNG, of the third kind - Alien poop

Well, we have to see what the Blog is going to reveal.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,069
# 8
12-04-2012, 02:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by conundrumnsa View Post
Spoken like a good little shill.
Spoken like a good little illiterate who has no clue what "shill" means.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 612
# 9
12-04-2012, 02:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by waarder View Post
Although i like a lot off things they do, the lockbox system is realy anoying.
Also i will not join the wonderland if the prize is going to be like stated
I was briefly interested in doing the winter wonderland stuff until I saw they were going to incorporate more of their stupid money grubbing BS in it. I really hope someone gets sick of this and starts taking PWE and Cryptics practices to various governments around the world. Most of them take dim view of games of chance online...
Ensign
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 24
# 10
12-04-2012, 02:57 AM
your right, if i think about it, its a "casino" kind of game.
and thats defenetly not alowed especialy not because they ask for money.
they should realy rethink some of there "game" meganics.

Also i wonder what it ads to the game....oh wait they found a new way to get our money....
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:17 AM.