Empire Veteran
# 101
12-05-2012, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grylak View Post
It starts tomorrow. Runs till Jan 14th.
Thanks. Much like Ultimatum, I too am distracted by life at the moment and was afeared I missed the start.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Career Officer
# 102
12-05-2012, 10:17 AM
They can't win no matter what they do.

- If they had put this ship in another Winter Event themed lockbox, we'd probably see this thread with comments like:

"Cryptic's at it again...Holiday greed!"

and

"Why couldn't they give us a way to earn the ship in game with something tied to the Winter Event?"
^^
Hey look! That's what they did this year; so what do they get for the trouble? So far an 11 page thread with a number of complaints like:

"OMG! I have to log in and do an event once a day for 25 out of 35 days to get it in game? Wow, more grind, WTG Cryptic."

What, those complaining in the above expect to just go to a Ferengi in an igloo - click once, and get a free Breen ship? The sense of self entitlement of some players is just amazing.

They did make it so to get this you DO have to do some work - but it's not like they did something only 25 days long, and if you miss a day once, you're screwed; they built in some leeway.

If it's not a ship you care about, or you feel it's too much in game work to get, fine; but don't sit there and complain that "They never give anything free..." or "Every new alien ship only goes in a Lockbox."
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Career Officer
# 103
12-05-2012, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by romuzarii View Post
So you'll need between 166 and 500 lobi to purchase it, probably an average of 3-400 or so. Sure seems low for an unrelated shuttle ship. Next lockbox, grand prize will be consoles for your breen ship or sold in the lobi store. Calling it now!

So what's the deal here? Sounds like everyone could own this ship. What happened to the CBS excuse? Oh right I guess it was hogwash to excuse the need to sell ships for 300 dollars each.
umm your maths a bit off you forgot to factor the price of photo pack (5 lobi each) so it will cost between 835-2500 (thats assuming that getting 2-6 is compleatly random and not something weighted like an 80% of a 2 and lower chances for everything else) lobi.

your numbers are how many packs you would need to buy with the min-max amount of photos per pack only 166 at 6 each gets you to 996 photos.

needless to say your better off doing the race of doom and sadness then paying an average of around 1668 lobi, useing that average thats 112-417 boxes (useing ferengi lock box 4-15 each) opened (which might also have the wieghted number problem as above) to get that much which would cost you between $120-$420 with a high chance of costing more then that
Account linking and forum "improvement" made me Derp ._.
Ensign
# 104
12-05-2012, 10:33 AM
Well i must admit i didn't expect a "gift" like this from Cryptic\PW for this year's event..i mean compared to last year's..It should be painless enough for everyone to get.
Career Officer
# 105
12-05-2012, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azniadeet View Post
Does anyone know if this ship will be bound to character or account? If not, I'm going to make a bunch of alts to run this event over and over, and accumulate as many of these as I can, then save them until their price goes up on the exchange.
Branflakes has already indicated that it'll be bound-to-character.
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Career Officer
# 106
12-05-2012, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticarmsman View Post
What, those complaining in the above expect to just go to a Ferengi in an igloo - click once, and get a free Breen ship? The sense of self entitlement of some players is just amazing.
To you and everyone else that likes to complain about complainers. We've heard this argument before, we get it, you don't like people that complain. Awesome. Now find something new to harp on please.
I'll sell you some weapons from New Romulus. Never fired, only dropped once.
Captain
# 107
12-05-2012, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticarmsman View Post

They did make it so to get this you DO have to do some work - but it's not like they did something only 25 days long, and if you miss a day once, you're screwed; they built in some leeway.

If it's not a ship you care about, or you feel it's too much in game work to get, fine; but don't sit there and complain that "They never give anything free..." or "Every new alien ship only goes in a Lockbox."
Missed the complaint that if we got it from a Ferengi in an igloo. We got a cool ship by talking to an npc that is not a faction ship. Hard work is now completely meaningless in this game. They might as well give all endgame gear by talking to an npc.
Republic Veteran
# 108
12-05-2012, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by curs0r View Post
To you and everyone else that likes to complain about complainers. We've heard this argument before, we get it, you don't like people that complain. Awesome. Now find something new to harp on please.
A guy complaining about a guy who's complaining about complainers?
This is starting to get silly.
Formerly GT-01. Runnin' a small lite-RP casual fleet called "The Voyagers"! Message me in-game at either Salen@GT01 or Xavok@GT01 if yer interested.
Here's my neat Idea's Thread.
Career Officer
# 109
12-05-2012, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorceror01 View Post
A guy complaining about a guy who's complaining about complainers?
This is starting to get silly.
Well I'm just really tired of seeing that argument after 3 years. It's obviously not having the impact everyone hopes for.
I'll sell you some weapons from New Romulus. Never fired, only dropped once.
Captain
# 110
12-05-2012, 12:10 PM
I don't think it's so bad. If you want it, either play the game the Devs have poured tons of effort, time and money into, or pay them for it.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.