12-07-2012, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
Is everyone happy with that?

I'm happy.
Empire Veteran
# 133
12-07-2012, 12:51 PM
I can't find anything wrong with this deal.

The race only takes about 3 mins to run and I was able to get it done with all 7 of my Toons in about 20 mins.

Has long has you know how to jump stop there is no way you should ever go out of bounds running the race.

A full sprint into a jump stop and you'll always out pace the NPC
Starfleet Veteran
# 134 C'est La Vie - Winter Event
12-08-2012, 09:18 AM
Basically, some folks are happy that the ship is free and the only expenditure is 3-5 minutes of a side game once per day for 25 days.

The other side resents having to jump through the same hoop for 25 days (time-gated event) for a ship that does not fit Star Trek canon for FEDs and KDFs

Middle road, do it until you lose interest and then go do something else or put up with the grind (even for one character) and walk away with a free ship with good stats.

Personally, I will do this for one toon, but have no interest in more than one. I'll take my Alienware laptop with me for Christmas vacation and do a quick race and then turn it off.
Lt. Commander
# 135
12-08-2012, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemack View Post
The ship is FREE!!!**

**if you run the crappy race 300 times.
or 25 times if you already know how to race the track pretty well enough.
Ensign
# 136
12-10-2012, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticarmsman View Post
They can't win no matter what they do.

- If they had put this ship in another Winter Event themed lockbox, we'd probably see this thread with comments like:

"Cryptic's at it again...Holiday greed!"

and

"Why couldn't they give us a way to earn the ship in game with something tied to the Winter Event?"
^^
Hey look! That's what they did this year; so what do they get for the trouble? So far an 11 page thread with a number of complaints like:

"OMG! I have to log in and do an event once a day for 25 out of 35 days to get it in game? Wow, more grind, WTG Cryptic."

What, those complaining in the above expect to just go to a Ferengi in an igloo - click once, and get a free Breen ship? The sense of self entitlement of some players is just amazing.

They did make it so to get this you DO have to do some work - but it's not like they did something only 25 days long, and if you miss a day once, you're screwed; they built in some leeway.

If it's not a ship you care about, or you feel it's too much in game work to get, fine; but don't sit there and complain that "They never give anything free..." or "Every new alien ship only goes in a Lockbox."
This post is the truest one on here. I'd argue that Cryptic is stupid... for giving ships away at at all. They should make people pay for the thing: but they were KIND enough to give it for free.

I'm very happy.

(BTW, just jog around the track to race. The Mob you are racing against will never catch you: ever.)
Starfleet Veteran
# 137
12-10-2012, 06:37 PM
With my luck, I will end up collecting 960 photos of Q by the last day.

Do you think any extras will carry over to next year? That would be one heck of a long time to waste a bank slot...
Career Officer
# 138
12-10-2012, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamiyama317 View Post
With my luck, I will end up collecting 960 photos of Q by the last day.

Do you think any extras will carry over to next year? That would be one heck of a long time to waste a bank slot...
I wouldn't count on another Breen ship for next year.

And if I remember right, they will still offer the Q Packages for a short time after the Winter Event, so if people do get like to 960, they can buy the rest and still get the Breen ship.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!

New Crafting = It's not Crafting, is an overblown Reputation System.