12-04-2012, 01:16 PM
Well I shall not be bothering

so best of luck to the rest of you
Empire Veteran
# 32
12-04-2012, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
You can get the new Breen Holiday ship by playing the daily event for 25 days if you want it free. The event runs for 35 days so that gives you a few days off for the holidays.

Is everyone happy with that?

(you can buy it via lobi faster btw)
This seems like a pretty good deal and it will net you a free warship.

I'll be logging in and running the race with my 6 Toons to make sure that they all have the ship available to them.

I just hope that I don?t forget all about it later.

When does this winter even begin?
Captain
# 33
12-04-2012, 01:17 PM
Winter event begins Thursday and runs to January 14.
Lt. Commander
# 34
12-04-2012, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
That part was fairly obvious.

To get the Breen ship (without opening up the magical wallet), you have to do one quest 25 times. The same quest. Twenty five times. On twenty five different days. You can't swap in and out a separate quest. No variety whatsoever.

The post I was replying to was making the comment that, at it's core, MMO gameplay is repetitive. I was responding with the fact that while that is fundamentally true, there is usually some attempt to inject something resembling variety into the equation.
Except that STO's endgame does have variety which was what that post was about.

So what if there is just one event to get one item at a Christmas event?
http://stosignatures.ufplanets.com/Thomas45-STO.png

{UFP}Thomas45 - Thomas Nixon U.S.S. Majesty Unbound
Captain
# 35
12-04-2012, 01:21 PM
The Breen ship looks very cool and fits with my insane liberated borg's aesthetic style due to its mostly asymmetrical design.
Captain
# 36
12-04-2012, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by curs0r View Post
I'm pretty sure that like most events 'round here this one will be fairly brief. It will not surprise me if we have ample time to get all our alts covered. I'm sure 25 days sounds grindy on its face, but give it a look. It might just be fun.
Unless they changed to track, it doesn't take long to run it. What they hopefully changed was the bottleneck of STARTING THE DAMN THING -- as only one player could trigger it every minute or so.
Career Officer
# 37
12-04-2012, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomictiki View Post
Unless they changed to track, it doesn't take long to run it. What they hopefully changed was the bottleneck of STARTING THE DAMN THING -- as only one player could trigger it every minute or so.
That was a problem at certain times of day. I like to wait until after most of the US goes to bed for stuff like this.
I'll sell you some weapons from New Romulus. Never fired, only dropped once.
Commander
# 38
12-04-2012, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirlettia View Post
The race was a pain to get onto last year as only 1 person can do it at a time, and generally the person with the least lag got selected as they could press F first. Having to do it for 25 days will be a chore this year if the higher number of players is anything to go by now we have f2P. I only hope this mechanic has been fixed, and also the chances of griefers knocking people off the track are astronomical.

This will likely be as much of a Fiasco as the beer fight for the LoTRO 5th anniversary.
The trick was to change instance and enter one that had the lowest number of people in it. If they run the wonderland the same way just do that.
Career Officer
# 39 What would be nice
12-04-2012, 02:37 PM
Is if the timer was set to 12 hours, so you can do it at 7am and then again at 7pm, that way if you are going away over xmas/new years you can still get it and not stress about doing it each day
Empire Veteran
# 40
12-04-2012, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
Winter event begins Thursday and runs to January 14.
This Thursday, December 6th?
=^= Starfleet Code Red Message =^= Starfleet intelligence's central network was compromised by an insidious ARC virus. All captains are to avoid contact with the ARC until we can ascertain how dangerous it is. All ships remain on high alert!