Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Looking for a new fleet
12-05-2012, 07:53 PM
G'day to you all

I've been a member of a smaller fleet since the start of S6, but unfortunately as time has gone on the members of this fleet have moved onto another title, and after doing the last 4+ dilithium projects (SB and Embassy) solo as well as finished off full Tier 2... well... let's just say that it's become obvious that I'm not going to get anywhere solo!!! (And who knows if or when the other fleet members will return!!!)

So... I'm looking for a new fleet... preferrably one with *some* Aussies in it or others who are on during our timezone (just so I know I'm not the only one around!!!).

Presently I have 2 Fed Chars, my main who has amassed around 3.2 Million Fleet Creds (I think she has around 1.9 Million onhand at the moment) and another that has around 1.3 Million Fleet Creds (just to show how much I've been throwing at these projects solo!!!).

A little about me...
Been playing since Open Beta and have probably taken all of around 4 months off from the game since - otherwise I've been here grinding away with the rest of you!!! I have all lockbox ships across my 2 fed characters (mostly on my main Tac) and have completed over 200 runs of each space STF (Normal and Elite) - with over 400 runs of The Cure (Normal and Elite) on my main character alone. I 've done all of these via PUGs, and have completed them successfully around 95% of the time (as a good Tac can usually help get the team back ontrack if things go awry!!!).

I log on (pretty much) nightly for between 1 and 4 hours, mainly to grind reputation projects and starbase projects... but I am at heart a casual player who wants to just play when I have time and donate when there is an opportunity to. I will play with fleet mates for things like Elite STFs (which are of course made that much easier when people are chatting on TS or something and coordinating their movements!!) - but otherwise play solo.

I live in Brisbane, Australia - work full-time, and am 38yo.

I'm looking for a fleet that...
1) Isn't too serious... I'm not in this as a second job and do not want to have to "check in" monthly (etc.) - I'm already online most nights and that, combined with the contributions to the Starbase projects should be enough to show that I'm "present and participating".

2) Doesn't have a requirement to be on TeamSpeak etc. - Not that I mind jumping in and chatting on TS (did that with the fleet I'm with now while they were playing STO) - but I work on an IT helpdesk and honestly, some/many days, I just have no wish at all to talk to people after doing it all day! I am however happy to chat ingame with fleet members / friends etc. via text...

3) Has active membership. My current issue with the fleet I'm in is that I'm the only one active & contributing to the Starbase projects and its just too much on the wallet (esp. with the Zen -> Dil market crashing!!!).

4) Recognises members who contribute large amounts of resources and gives them the appropriate access to Starbase equipment etc. without having some silly pre-determined waiting period (ie. I don't want to be dumping a million fleet credits worth of stuff in and have little or no access to fleet stores etc. until 1 month is up or something).

Now I know this is an essay... but as I am someone who solidly contributes to these things, I want to ensure that any fleet that I move to is a good fit. (I really have no wish to "fleet hop" until I find one I think is "good enough" - and to be honest, the amount of fleets in-game and listed here in this thread is way too much to sift through).

If you are interested in a dedicated STO player who is keen to contribute to your fleet Starbase and Embassy, please let me know either in-thread or via PM.

Oh... and if you've made it to the end here... you deserve a cookie! Thanks for reading!!!
Lieutenant
Hi There,

Tides of War is a long standing fleet of old timers and new players, we are interested in recruiting a few more active members, we are not looking for rapid expansion of useless alts, only main characters of active players.

We have forums: tidesofwar.net and our own voice comms server.

Look for Tides of War Fleet in game, contact a recruiter online, and or send me a message in game. We'd like to talk to you on our Team Speak server for an interview.

Our Fleet is mostly North American Timezone and on in the evenings.

Regards
Covenant of the Phoenix - Fed | Covenant of the Phoenix - KDF www.cotp.info

“What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will to find out, which is the exact opposite.” —Bertrand Russell
Ensign
# 3
12-06-2012, 01:05 AM
Hi Sloansect31, Feel free to take a look at our Site, just click the banner at the Bottom of the Page!

"The FSOG is focused on achieving excellence in all aspects of STO. Our intent is to establish a well rounded Fleet capable of completing the Toughest STF's and other endgame content, whilst also laying siege to our opponents in PvP. We are passionate about Team Play and conduct weekly Missions as a group, with a Dedicated TeamSpeak 3 Server being available for that very reason. Our base of highly skilled players has worked together in game for nearly 3 years and knows what it takes to get the job done!

If you are interested in becoming a member of FSOG then proceed to our publicly accessible forum and read up on our Fleet Rules and Information, so that you become familiar with our play style. If you feel that the FSOG is the Fleet for you then please fill in an Application at our recruitment Section!

Good luck and Welcome!

"FSOG"

Your'e a Member, Not a Number!"
<a href=http://ufplanets.com target=_blank>ufplanets.com</a>
Career Officer
# 4
12-06-2012, 01:09 AM
G'day sloansect31

It would be nice to have your handle .. mine is @Duke_Tbar .. you can mail or otherwise contact me in game. I am online in the time frame you mention frequently as I'm a late night and early morning player my time... which is about 10 hours behind you.

Yes.. Tides of War is interested in you. I think you would find this group of people the "type" you are looking for.

Take a look at this link on this forum as it gives a list of contacts and also some input from those who have joined with us from this thread, etc : http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=395761

AS far as Team Speak is concerned we have no 'requirement' that you be on .. or have TS. I will say right off you won't learn as quickly nor get as much help in game without TS because typing = death, as well as the fact it takes a lot.. a lot of time to type everything. Communication is the key .. but as stated we have no requirement ... but we will urge you to use it

You should get a lot of fine feedback on your post and several offers .. check them all out and beware ... some fleets just want your Dil. What we want.. is the person.

Regards and Respect,
Tbar
VP Tides of War
http://www.tidesofwar.net
Lieutenant
# 5
12-06-2012, 08:02 AM
Hi there

I think we got what you want. Downside is we're upside aka not down under. 8-)

So if you don't find an Aussi fleet feel free to contact us.

You wouldn't be the only 3mil contributor in our fleet. 8-)

W.A.S.I.C. is a small fleet with 25 members plus some alts. We're a very relaxed, casual and mature fleet, as we all have real lifes to live.
Most members are from Europe. Which doesn't mean that we wouldn't accept folks from other parts of the world but rather indicates the time when you're most likely to find us online. 8-)
There's a Fed and a KDF wing of W.A.S.I.C. and we're planning on setting up one on Tribble as well.
As we're, as stated 8-), relaxed we do not put any pressure on members to participate in events, use teamspeak or contribute to SB/Embassy projects.

What we do do is share information, chat about ship setups, help each other with missions or testing a new ship occasionally.

Our motivation to look for new members is "the more the merrier" plus that with "Season 7 - The great Dilithium drain" we simply need more contributors if we want to reach T4 or even T5 wihtin this games lifespan.
However, if you do not want to contribute to SB/Embassy or just want to park an alt that's fine, too. Remember : We're relaxed. 8-)

So far our Fed SB is Tier 2 with all the available limited time vanity projects done or in progress.

For more info or invites to fleet contact ingame @blega, @cbagz or search for W.A.S.I.C. in fleet search.

Cheers

Blega
Career Officer
# 6
12-06-2012, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloansect31 View Post
I'm looking for a fleet that...
1) Isn't too serious... I'm not in this as a second job and do not want to have to "check in" monthly (etc.) - I'm already online most nights and that, combined with the contributions to the Starbase projects should be enough to show that I'm "present and participating".

2) Doesn't have a requirement to be on TeamSpeak etc. - Not that I mind jumping in and chatting on TS (did that with the fleet I'm with now while they were playing STO) - but I work on an IT helpdesk and honestly, some/many days, I just have no wish at all to talk to people after doing it all day! I am however happy to chat ingame with fleet members / friends etc. via text...

3) Has active membership. My current issue with the fleet I'm in is that I'm the only one active & contributing to the Starbase projects and its just too much on the wallet (esp. with the Zen -> Dil market crashing!!!).

4) Recognises members who contribute large amounts of resources and gives them the appropriate access to Starbase equipment etc. without having some silly pre-determined waiting period (ie. I don't want to be dumping a million fleet credits worth of stuff in and have little or no access to fleet stores etc. until 1 month is up or something).

Now I know this is an essay... but as I am someone who solidly contributes to these things, I want to ensure that any fleet that I move to is a good fit. (I really have no wish to "fleet hop" until I find one I think is "good enough" - and to be honest, the amount of fleets in-game and listed here in this thread is way too much to sift through).

If you are interested in a dedicated STO player who is keen to contribute to your fleet Starbase and Embassy, please let me know either in-thread or via PM.

Oh... and if you've made it to the end here... you deserve a cookie! Thanks for reading!!!
I invite you to check out the 44th. Casual, age 18+.

1) No monthly "check-ins". Play as you like, whatever you like. Contributions are voluntary.

2) We have TS available, but not required.

3) We have active membership, and some serious insomniacs lol. One of our fleet members made the comment the other day that the 44th never sleeps. Active membership is probably around 60+, but of course they are not all usually on at the same time. Have both US and EU players. I know of at least 1 member from NZ. We have T4 starbase, T4 military, T4 eng, T3 sci. Currently upgrading T2 diplo.

4) We do restrict access for new members until first promotion, but if you want access, all you have to do is ask. Despite this restriction, new members can still get the shinys

startrek.44thfleet.com to sign up.

Last edited by latinumbar; 12-06-2012 at 01:05 PM.
Lieutenant
# 7 still need the fleet?
12-07-2012, 08:47 PM
if you are still looking for a fleet I am looking for strong co leaders to help out with mine. If your interested let me know.
Fleet Admiral Jack "Jackal" Okason
Empire Veteran
# 8
12-07-2012, 09:30 PM
G'day Sloansect31

Have you considered Ausmonauts? To my knowledge we are the biggest 18+ oceanic fleet made up of 90% of aussies with 200+ active members (this is not including our alts too). We're smashing through the starbase progression system and we are currently have a T4 starbase and we're currently working on upgrading the other facilities while working towards hitting T5.

We're pretty chilled and open to any type of gamer, casual or hardcore.

We do have a vent server but it is optional (some of us talk way too much so I dont blame you for not really wanting to be on team speak too often haha).

We have a promotion system that recognises members for just being a member of the fleet, no need to be the top contributor as we dont discriminate, although access to the fleet provisions and facilities are usually restricted for associates (new recruits) for the first month just as a precautionary measure.

If interested in joining you can register at www.ausmonauts.com or message any of the Dons or officers ingame for an invite.

@Shinji_Yonazaki
@Lostpinky
@Doull
@JJ_McQuade
@Pupdog85
@Koppenflak
@Kruglack
@nagrom7
@Stark_STO
@don77620
@oxybeles295

We also have a KDF fleet for any KDF alts you may have if you are interested too!! (Although we are a little behind the main fleets' progression and are currently at T3 starbase)

Good luck on your search for a fleet, see you in game or on the battlefield.
Qapla'!

@bubblygumsworth
I drink, I vote, and I PvP!

Last edited by bubblygumsworth; 12-07-2012 at 09:42 PM.
Career Officer
# 9
12-07-2012, 09:54 PM
I'll throw this link out there, and you can nosy around at your own free will if you have any questions please feel free to ask!

Click the signature to enter a world of wonder!
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
12-08-2012, 07:38 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone. Some really good looking fleets there. Will do some investigating and make a decision this week.

Thanks again all.