Ensign
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 17
# 91
12-05-2012, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomictiki View Post
F large fleets. If I wanted to be a nameless faceless number, I'd be in one already. I like(d) my small fleet, we were comrades in arms and it was fun.
Here here. Fortunately, our small fleet is going strong thanks to the nutter-esc capability of some of our players.

Saying that, I don't think the rewards should be increased by that much. Small fleets should not be able to easily get to tier 5 - otherwise what's the point?
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 801
# 92
12-05-2012, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dariusmajere View Post
Actually no, again this is coming from someone who pushed two small fleets. If you are 10 people building a Military Base, Would you be able to build it as quick as say 100-200 people? No, you would not. Sure you will put in more effort to get it done, but you would still not have the material gathering nor the manpower to be as efficient time wise as a larger group constructing it. This is how the Starbases are designed. The factor that you do not or can not grow your fleet, or grind as hard to get the same materials for your base does not mean you should be on the same playing field as a group that is. There would be no incentive for people to Grow there fleets if they wanted to in this case. Just the same as sadly, if your are in a smaller fleet many people will not see the incentive to be in one. But the closer personal relationship you have with your player base would be why people like the smaller fleet Size. There Stay small and family like mindset should not Cripple the Industrious fleets out there. If they are able to maintain fleet size and keep fleet politics together that things are getting accomplished, people feel they are being treated fairly and like they way things are going, they should not be put onto the same field as a small fleet.

This is not Biased against small Fleets, It's simple Common sense, More manpower = More things get done. This is a realistic Concept in life. Five people can't build a village in the same time frame Fifty people Can. Same with the Bases.

This is exactly why a smaller base for smaller fleets and a larger one with more options for a larger fleet makes perfect sense. Hell the basic layout of the Utopia Plainitia Shipyard map with a comms building added to the left and a shuttle/ship bay to the left and everything else in between....small, functional what more do you need??

Personally I agree that smaller fleets should be able to do it as fast or in the case of my idea have all these options for customizing the base, but at the same time our progress as smaller fleets shouldn't be bottle necked as much or completely stalled, just because we don't want to abandon all our hard work up to whatever point we're at just to join a large fleet.

Maybe what we really need if two different sized bases isn't the solution is some type of in-game fleet recruitment board near the fleet ambassador. I don't mean he list of fleets that we have now, but the fleet owner or second in charge can only give a brief description of the fleet with who to contact for more information. These messages should only stay active for 2 weeks or maybe a month before they are automatically removed and have to be reposted. it would cut down on fleet recruitment in zone chat and hopefully the mega monster fleets that don't care about anything more than just numbers will be less appealing if people can see that there are many smaller fleets looking for quality people.

(NOT saying that all mega monster fleets don't care about their members, but lets face it we can all think of probably 1 or 2 that are completely in it for the bragging rights)
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 352
# 93
12-05-2012, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by angryandroid View Post
here Here. Fortunately, Our Small Fleet Is Going Strong Thanks To The Nutter-esc Capability Of Some Of Our Players.

Saying That, I Don't Think The Rewards Should Be Increased By That Much. Small Fleets Should Not Be Able To Easily Get To Tier 5 - Otherwise What's The Point?
^^^^
| | | |
Proud Fleet Commander in Garfon's Renegades!
Proud Leader of the Massive Chaos Group
Proud Listener of Subspace-Radio.net The Voice of Star Trek Online.
http://massivechaos.enjin.com/
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 352
# 94
12-05-2012, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voicesdark View Post
This is exactly why a smaller base for smaller fleets and a larger one with more options for a larger fleet makes perfect sense. Hell the basic layout of the Utopia Plainitia Shipyard map with a comms building added to the left and a shuttle/ship bay to the left and everything else in between....small, functional what more do you need??

Personally I agree that smaller fleets should be able to do it as fast or in the case of my idea have all these options for customizing the base, but at the same time our progress as smaller fleets shouldn't be bottle necked as much or completely stalled, just because we don't want to abandon all our hard work up to whatever point we're at just to join a large fleet.

Maybe what we really need if two different sized bases isn't the solution is some type of in-game fleet recruitment board near the fleet ambassador. I don't mean he list of fleets that we have now, but the fleet owner or second in charge can only give a brief description of the fleet with who to contact for more information. These messages should only stay active for 2 weeks or maybe a month before they are automatically removed and have to be reposted. it would cut down on fleet recruitment in zone chat and hopefully the mega monster fleets that don't care about anything more than just numbers will be less appealing if people can see that there are many smaller fleets looking for quality people.

(NOT saying that all mega monster fleets don't care about their members, but lets face it we can all think of probably 1 or 2 that are completely in it for the bragging rights)
They do have the Fleet Finder in game which shockingly I have gotten multiple members randomly out of. There is also a recruitment Board on the Forums for the players. But you can Advertise yourself in the Fleet finder, You just have to fill out the information tab of your fleet.
Proud Fleet Commander in Garfon's Renegades!
Proud Leader of the Massive Chaos Group
Proud Listener of Subspace-Radio.net The Voice of Star Trek Online.
http://massivechaos.enjin.com/
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,597
# 95
12-05-2012, 09:00 AM
My fleet is a good 300 members strong (Most are alts though and thus don't count) however I only ever see 30 online and 10 in the chat and only 5 of those ever do any fleet content...

I do strongly believe fleet marks need to be brought up to the level of availability of omega and romulan marks at least that way a player could get a fair amount of marks in a reasonable time. I'd like to get more than 1 mark for each minute I spend doing content.
Tacofangs is (genuinely) the best dev ever and the forumites adore him
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,360
# 96
12-05-2012, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dariusmajere View Post
So, how is this helping with fixing the Fleet requirements by going after how I type?
Helping this will entail finding a new source of quick, easy profit in accommodating small fleets, which isn't likely to happen.

You just annoyed me with your aloof tone, is all.

Quote:
instead of showing ways to improve the situation you have just complained of the situation. I am guessing you ran out of words to say and have no actual ways to improve the situation.
Several people have alluded to ways to improve it. It's not my problem if you're unwilling to consider anything outside of "Large fleets rule all, small fleets deserve nothing, and if you object to the grind you obviously don't want to work for your rewards."

Quote:
Maybe Cryptic Should put out a C-Store varient of a Fleet mark Booster.
If it stacks with the booster you can buy in the fleet base, this would be a useful suggestion.

Last edited by hanover2; 12-05-2012 at 09:09 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,489
# 97
12-05-2012, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dariusmajere View Post
This is not Biased against small Fleets, It's simple Common sense, More manpower = More things get done. This is a realistic Concept in life. Five people can't build a village in the same time frame Fifty people Can. Same with the Bases.
Flawed analogy. Five people would be building one house, not an entire village. What would be the point of having a bunch of useless empty structures? Five people can build one house in a similar amount of time as fifty people can build ten.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 352
# 98
12-05-2012, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momaw View Post
Flawed analogy. Five people would be building one house, not an entire village. What would be the point of having a bunch of useless empty structures? Five people can build one house in a similar amount of time as fifty people can build ten.
Not a Flawed Analogy, Flawed thinking. The village would be ready for settlers Quicker with more people working on it. Sure One house would get built, but with Fifty people you now have 10 houses ready. This allows More villagers to move in hence brings in more manpower to continue the expansion.
Proud Fleet Commander in Garfon's Renegades!
Proud Leader of the Massive Chaos Group
Proud Listener of Subspace-Radio.net The Voice of Star Trek Online.
http://massivechaos.enjin.com/
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,489
# 99
12-05-2012, 09:16 AM
Except five people wouldn't be trying to build a town, they'd be trying to make an observation post.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 352
# 100
12-05-2012, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanover2 View Post
Helping this will entail finding a new source of quick, easy profit in accommodating small fleets, which isn't likely to happen.

You just annoyed me with your aloof tone, is all.
eh, I'm not easy to talk to, down side of my disability, Social awkwardness and I tend to be more robotic then anything. It has it's perk where it comes to being detail orientated, down side is everything is looked at a cold and factual way.
Proud Fleet Commander in Garfon's Renegades!
Proud Leader of the Massive Chaos Group
Proud Listener of Subspace-Radio.net The Voice of Star Trek Online.
http://massivechaos.enjin.com/
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:44 AM.