Career Officer
# 151
12-11-2012, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumosmith View Post
The foundry (officer dailies) is the whole reason why we are in this mess.

The officer dailies (doesn't matter if you were for or against them) and the quickies allowed small fleets and solo players to entertain having a tier 3 base without a massive amount of effort beyond it taking a while.

The fact that Crypric/PWE ignored the quickies for months has forced people into the position where they either have to "give up" on their small base after investing massive amounts of resources, or slog on with the building going at a snails pace.

Cryptic/PWE needs to accept that by ignoring the "exploit" they have created this whole mess.

Either reinstate something that generates FM's like the quickies of old, or allow a way for people to liquidate their current base and share out the proceeds with fleet members.
Cryptic Did the right thing. They Killed Off the Single to 3 player Fleets. Fleets were meant to be 5+ People. Alot of people Created the Starbases For the sheer use of having a Crap load of Extra Storage without having to pay Zen for it. As well as being Able to have more then 10 mil EC. This Hurts THEM the Most and on a Personal Level that I rarely touch. It should.

Cryptic Stated this is a LONG TERM GOAL. Everyone IS Complaining Things are Taking so long Because They want it NOW not Later. Fleets Are Progressing According to the time tables of Players They Put Forth. That is the Bottom Line. The StarBases Are PRogressing At the Pace Stated they would even with the changes they made. Everyone got a HUGE boost in the starbases in the beginning with the Nakura Runs when it came out. Hell I pulled near 900 Fleet Marks in the Event alone. This gave us NICE Buffs. It got killed Because it had to be. It allowed Players To get ahead Real quick and ahead of the time line.
Officer Reports have been getting Complained about for a long time. It is there for players to go out and Explore Foundry Content built by the Player Base. Foundry authors Were getting Screwed big time because all players did was chase the 3 missions for a one click console which completeled Every Report at once.
Proud Fleet Commander in Garfon's Renegades!
Proud Leader of the Massive Chaos Group
Proud Listener of Subspace-Radio.net The Voice of Star Trek Online.
http://massivechaos.enjin.com/
Starfleet Veteran
# 152
12-11-2012, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dariusmajere View Post
Officer Reports have been getting Complained about for a long time. It is there for players to go out and Explore Foundry Content built by the Player Base. Foundry authors Were getting Screwed big time because all players did was chase the 3 missions for a one click console which completeled Every Report at once.
And I haven't done a foundry mission since, just saying.
12th-fleet.com
Lt. Commander
# 153
12-11-2012, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Cryptic Did the right thing. They Killed Off the Single to 3 player Fleets. Fleets were meant to be 5+ People. Alot of people Created the Starbases For the sheer use of having a Crap load of Extra Storage without having to pay Zen for it. As well as being Able to have more then 10 mil EC. This Hurts THEM the Most and on a Personal Level that I rarely touch. It should.

Cryptic Stated this is a LONG TERM GOAL. Everyone IS Complaining Things are Taking so long Because They want it NOW not Later. Fleets Are Progressing According to the time tables of Players They Put Forth. That is the Bottom Line. The StarBases Are PRogressing At the Pace Stated they would even with the changes they made. Everyone got a HUGE boost in the starbases in the beginning with the Nakura Runs when it came out. Hell I pulled near 900 Fleet Marks in the Event alone. This gave us NICE Buffs. It got killed Because it had to be. It allowed Players To get ahead Real quick and ahead of the time line.
My point was nothing to do with whether it was the right or wrong thing to do. My point was thay Cryptic/PWE created the situation and made it worse by not fixing it for so long.

Going from your example (before my time, so i'll trust your interpretation is accurate) it seems steps were taken in the past to kill things that progressed people beyond the timeline. The fact that they waited so long with the dailies is simply negligent given the position it's put a large number of people in.
Career Officer
# 154
12-11-2012, 11:07 AM
There needs to be more options.

More things with a choice at the end: do you want rep? Dilithium? Fleet Marks? Pick one.

I have no issue with Dilithium or EC. I have no issue with Reputation.

Fleet marks is the one thing we are glacially slow at generating, this from a fleet of 70+ characters - mixed active and non, alts and mains. Aside from parked alts and inactives on etended hiatus to other games, probably 2 dozen "active" casual/part-time/easy-going gamers, a handful of hard core STFers who prefer a calmer fleet and PUGs (vrs having fleet obligations), plus at least 2 whales, myself included.

I just want to log in, think "what part of the game would I like to play today" and play it, getting whichever reward I need. I understand where Reputation might need to be somewhat limited in where it is earned. I do NOT understand why marks aren't an option from nearly everything we can do, including and perhaps especially Featured Episode replay.

EDIT: Oh, and there are clearly some good Foundry chains out there worth playing, but without Spotlight it has been tough separating wheat from @#$%. ;-)
Wampaq@Jnoh, Fleet Leader: ..Bloodbath and Beyond 'Iw HaH je Hoch!
Starbase 4-4-4-4 || Embassy 3-3-3 || Mine 3-3-3 || Spire 3-3-3
A laid back KDF fleet welcoming independent, casual, & part-time players and groups. Roms & alts welcome.
Send in-game mail to Wampaq@Jnoh, visit our recruitment thread and FB page for more info.

Last edited by jnohd; 12-11-2012 at 11:11 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 155
12-11-2012, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnohd View Post
There needs to be more options.

I just want to log in, think "what part of the game would I like to play today" and play it, getting whichever reward I need. I understand where Reputation might need to be somewhat limited in where it is earned. I do NOT understand why marks aren't an option from nearly everything we can do, including and perhaps especially Featured Episode replay.
The above sums up my views.

Today for example, I wanted to run STF's all day. Was just in the mood for it. Unfortunately I had to break that up by having to run 4 versions of the Big Dig to get fleet Marks. I also had to drag 4 characters all round the galaxy to collect specific DoFF missions so I could get 10k+ cxp daily in order to convert to Fleet Marks.

Well I paid for access to fleet ships from a larger fleet, so i'll soon be mothballing my current fleet once I finish off the Tier II projects. Cryptic/PWE on one hand give you the tools to build your little sandcastle and then kick it down when you dare to attempt to build it in a way that doesn't suit them.
Career Officer
# 156
12-11-2012, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumosmith View Post
The above sums up my views.

Today for example, I wanted to run STF's all day. Was just in the mood for it. Unfortunately I had to break that up by having to run 4 versions of the Big Dig to get fleet Marks. I also had to drag 4 characters all round the galaxy to collect specific DoFF missions so I could get 10k+ cxp daily in order to convert to Fleet Marks.

Well I paid for access to fleet ships from a larger fleet, so i'll soon be mothballing my current fleet once I finish off the Tier II projects. Cryptic/PWE on one hand give you the tools to build your little sandcastle and then kick it down when you dare to attempt to build it in a way that doesn't suit them.
They are Letting you build your Castle, You yourself make your Success. You can Either Strive For Success Or Complain you can't Reach where others have to try to get your way to it. As I said I ran a Smaller Fleet, Hell I joined another Small Fleet that had the same ideologies as I do. I have fun on a daily basis, Joke around and Occasionally We gather together during the Events To grab what we need for the base. We for the most part Do it very well as we push for our Success. Only thing Stopping you is the Countdown timer to completion. How you reach that Timer is entirely Up to you. If you have the Mindset of I need it now, You will burn yourself Out. If you have the mindset that a fleet of 200 is there, Why isnt my lonesome.. you will burn yourself out. You all Accepted the Rates of the base When you Started the Projects.

As for 50 Marks for Officer Daily.. I will gladly Take it.. That will Give my characters the ability to give near 2000 marks a day to my Starbase. Give Me Please.
Captain
# 157
12-11-2012, 12:17 PM
Quote:
They are Letting you build your Castle, You yourself make your Success. You can Either Strive For Success Or Complain you can't Reach where others have to try to get your way to it.
Only so long as you play the game the way Cryptic wants you to. Which is fundamentally different from the manner in which a not insignificant number of people are trying to enjoy STO.
Career Officer
# 158
12-11-2012, 12:33 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek

Last edited by bluegeek; 12-11-2012 at 12:56 PM.
Captain
# 159
12-11-2012, 12:45 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek

Last edited by bluegeek; 12-11-2012 at 12:58 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 160
12-11-2012, 12:56 PM
Deleted due my comment on a comment that was removed.
12th-fleet.com

Last edited by mjaymor78; 12-11-2012 at 01:05 PM.