Commander
# 171
12-11-2012, 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomictiki View Post
The benefits of a large fleet is having a large pool of people to speak to and game with.
Being part of a large fleet has benefits and it has drawbacks. One of those benefits is more people to share the resource requirements. One of the drawbacks is that you don't know people as well, and there are greater interpersonal conflicts.
Quote:
Starbase resource reqs should scale by number of players in the fleet.
Because, again, you don't want to have the detriments of a small fleet. Here's a tip for you: You think the requirements are too high? Go join a bigger fleet!

Wait, you won't do that. Why? Because you think being in a small fleet has benefits you don't want to give up. Well...no-bull! That's the tradeoff!

Weigh your options and make your choice. But this constant clamoring that everything needs to be delivered on a silver platter or else the sky is falling is quite honestly both ridiculous and pathetic.
Rihannsu
# 172
12-11-2012, 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyranger1414 View Post
... its about controlling player behavior so they will feel more compelled to spend.
I am not being compelled to spend.

Also I doubt it, I think this is Cryptic own doing and people always look to blame someone else, I dont exactly care were the orders come from but everyone at Cryptic followed suit and they implemented this ... failure, I will assume they come up with it as well because sure as hell they seem to defend the most baffling ideas they come up, like the Reputation system that is doing a dent on my EC reserves now I am looking at T3 projects and that still leaves the 40,000 XP of the T4 projects back when it was even worst that it is (I can manage it but screw then if they think I will be buying much with those ridiculous prices).

Besides were am I compelled to spend? there are no ways to speed up Starbase development since there are no Zen Store items for that so were exactly is the things I would spend at?

Dilithium?

Sure, there is that and I am sure some people did just brought the vanity projects but since we still need marks a load other stuff its not as if I can spend in something, Ship modules seem basically worthless since they are gated to a Shipyard Tier so if I want a better Soverign I am being held back by being "on the wrong Fleet" and nobody can even BUY one since they rushed out Fleet Ships for Tiers that were not even attainable due to the timers.
Captain
# 173
12-12-2012, 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squishkin View Post
So what you're saying is you want all the benefits of a large fleet with none of the tradeoffs of one.
I'll be happy just to get my shipyard to tier 3 so I can buy the Fleet Defiant, and even though I'm sitting at just under 35,000 military XP, it's going to take me weeks if not months to hit 50k. After that point, my starbase probably won't be developed any further. I'd call resigning myself to a half-built, gimped starbase a pretty big compromise.

Quote:
Because, again, you don't want to have the detriments of a small fleet. Here's a tip for you: You think the requirements are too high? Go join a bigger fleet!
Still a mindless cop-out, no matter how often it is repeated. You might as well say "I've got nothing" and be done with it.
Rihannsu
# 174
12-12-2012, 07:19 AM
Going back to the barn analogy, you're basically trying to build a full-size barn single handedly. IRL that's theoretically possible, I wouldn't want to try it, but it can be done. Fleetbases are enormous construction projects, there's no logical reason why someone could finish it single handedly easily.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 175
12-12-2012, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Going back to the barn analogy, you're basically trying to build a full-size barn single handedly.
No, I'm enlisting a buddy or two to build a small garage for souping up our cars. I don't entertain the faintest whiff of a hope that I will get my entire base up to tier V. All I want for Xmas is a fleet defiant.
Rihannsu
# 176
12-12-2012, 08:23 AM
Um, yeah.... ok. but.... for a fleet defiant you need a MEDIUM sized garage with three seperate workbenches to get things done. :p
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 177
12-12-2012, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Being part of a large fleet has benefits and it has drawbacks. One of those benefits is more people to share the resource requirements. One of the drawbacks is that you don't know people as well, and there are greater interpersonal conflicts.

Wait, you won't do that. Why? Because you think being in a small fleet has benefits you don't want to give up. Well...no-bull! That's the tradeoff!

Weigh your options and make your choice. But this constant clamoring that everything needs to be delivered on a silver platter or else the sky is falling is quite honestly both ridiculous and pathetic.
You seem to be great at preserving elitism, but are a piss-poor game designer. The size of a social group should be a player choice, not a determination of game advancement. The bases are calculated out, if Cryptic was telling the truth, for a fleet of 25 daily players. That data can then be calculated upwards and downwards according to fleet size. The resource and time sinks will still be as weighty but will no longer be ridiculously easy for large fleets or incredibly insurmountable for small ones. It keeps the system fair (though I doubt you're looking for fair) and keeps people invested in the game, playing and spending cash.
Career Officer
# 178
12-12-2012, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post

................but since we still need marks a load other stuff its not as if I can spend in something, .............
I think in typical Cryptic fashion they totally overestimated their content's engagement. I don't think they expected the fleet mark generation would suffer as much as it did from the clickies going away.

In theory if Fleet marks were not an issue and DIl was... then a lot of people would be willing to spend a little for some DIl here and there. That was the idea t least.
Career Officer
# 179
12-12-2012, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanover2 View Post
I'll be happy just to get my shipyard to tier 3 so I can buy the Fleet Defiant, ..........
Why wait? Ask a fleet with a T3 shipyard if you can use their vendor.
Commander
# 180
12-12-2012, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomictiki View Post
It keeps the system fair
The system is fair, you just don't happen to like it. The two things are not the same.