Commander
# 201
12-13-2012, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc10b View Post
Post 195 read it and tell me what you think that means? There have been so many people who have argued for it to take less time or proportioned time in other threads. So many in fact the Devs are considering it. Hardly nobody.

You have you console quickie back. Go forth and rejoice.
15 minutes minimum is not a "quickie." Unless they relaxed the "approved" status on player created mission. The patch will help some, but it's not good enough.
Captain
# 202
12-13-2012, 08:08 AM
Help some? You run a 15 minute mission once every 30 minutes. Key point there is every 30 minutes. So playing for even just an hour a day and you still get more marks and dil than you ever did with the quickie.

Clearly this is not good for the Fleets of one and still requires effort but you get dilithium and fleet marks for running a mission a short mission. You can do this twice and hour so I don't really see the problem unless you are averse to actually playing content.
Captain
# 203
12-13-2012, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc10b View Post
Post 195 read it and tell me what you think that means? There have been so many people who have argued for it to take less time or proportioned time in other threads. So many in fact the Devs are considering it. Hardly nobody.

You have you console quickie back. Go forth and rejoice.
Less time across the board != the same time for all sizes of fleets. Try again.
Ensign
# 204 Back into Sto!
12-13-2012, 08:19 AM
Hi guys I am an older playing got this game when it came out and took some breaks. Just got back from almost a year break and was looking for some casual small fleets that are recruiting. Feel free to reply or send me a pm. Thanks
Ensign
# 205
12-13-2012, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyflyers777 View Post
Hi guys I am an older playing got this game when it came out and took some breaks. Just got back from almost a year break and was looking for some casual small fleets that are recruiting. Feel free to reply or send me a pm. Thanks

Hi, I'm not sure it permitted to recruit outside the specific forum, but if you want, you can contact in-game @dertylon .
Starfleet Veteran
# 206
12-13-2012, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanover2 View Post
Less time across the board != the same time for all sizes of fleets. Try again.
Quote:
And since nobody is arguing that it should take the same amount of time as larger fleets, this continues to be a mindless non-answer.
I'm seeing self-contradicting statements here... can you please clarify?
Lieutenant
# 207
12-13-2012, 10:57 AM
Small fleets were doing fine and progressing till the log in bonus was removed and then it stopped.

Sure Id like more features and things added to fleets and starbases, I was writing posts about this for years.

But when the log in bonus was removed it killed fleet progression and large fleets progression slowed to a crawl and middle fleets progression slowed to a snails pace and small fleets progression just died.

Cryptic knew this would happen and they didnt care. And people just wouldnt believe that removing the log in bonus would have this kind of impact.

Some of us warned that it would ... but we were not heard.

There are two ways to fix this and one is to reduce costs of progression and the other is to hand out a lot more dilithium and fleet marks. It used to be that duty officers were the limiting factors in progression. Now fleets are stuck on dilithium and fleet marks. Access to both needs to be improved or the costs sharply reduced.

The best and easiest way is to restore the log in bonus.
Captain
# 208
12-13-2012, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shar487a View Post
I'm seeing self-contradicting statements here... can you please clarify?
If you're seeing that, then you are not seeing my intended meaning. Let me try again:

Me want less grind for all size fleets.
Starfleet Veteran
# 209
12-13-2012, 01:55 PM
Quote:
If you're seeing that, then you are not seeing my intended meaning. Let me try again:

Me want less grind for all size fleets.
The problem with less grind for all fleet sizes is that there is no new story-based content to occupy players in the meantime (UGC doesn't fill the gap). All MMO's employ grind-style activities to keep players playing while the devs generate new content. Starbase projects with artificially high resource requirements and fixed countdown timers basically allows players access to gradual equipment progression while buying time for devs to add new STO-code.

So yes, you can ask for instant gratification, but MMO's like STO are not likely to grant it unless new a content release renders the current content unnecessary and obsolete.
Captain
# 210
12-13-2012, 02:00 PM
*sigh*

Nobody is asking for instant gratification, and grind is not content.