Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 352
# 81
12-05-2012, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bortjinx View Post
No-one is saying it shouldn't be worked for, only that everyone should be able to see a return on the work they are doing within a reasonable time frame. Two and a half years is a vaguely resaonable timeframe to complete a starbase. 5 years or even longer isn't. At the moment, the only way to see the new endgame rewards is to either spend millions which most players don't have (in or out of game), or to join one of the huge fleets, which not everyone likes. Personally, I hate huge fleets. It is difficult to get to know people because the faces are constantly changing, and any contributions you do make are just absorbed by the masses.

Yes, it's an MMO, but since when has MMO meant 'every guild must have 20-50 players MINIMUM to be viable'?
In this case, when the Company running the MMO Bluntly Said it. Trust me, If you think there is a better MMO out there, try to find out. Hell Lets look at another Sci-Fi themed Game. Star Wars. There Free 2 play model you are completely Crippled on and the Microtransaction model is way more then if you Subbed to the game. Sadly tho, they are now starting to show growth again, And profitability. Just like me, I paid for my Lifetime sub. It has more then paid for itself with the 12 characters on this account alone, then there is my wifes account who plays once in a while as well. She has yet to Lifetime for some unknown reason, but she Pays for her sub per month, and might log on 15 times a month. I know Better then to try to argue with it, Hell I offered to Lifetime her account, but she said no she was happy being gold, again, I know better then to argue with a woman, Logic is not a strong point at times. When they are happy, they are happy, when they are angry.. well, thats when we all are at a bar or elsewhere until the situation calms.
Proud Fleet Commander in Garfon's Renegades!
Proud Leader of the Massive Chaos Group
Proud Listener of Subspace-Radio.net The Voice of Star Trek Online.
http://massivechaos.enjin.com/
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 101
# 82
12-05-2012, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanover2 View Post
And in the process, all the work I've put into my own base goes *poof*.

No sale.
You can leave an alt in your own base just in case you change your mind or things don't work out, but you retain all your fleet credits from progress to date when you transfer to a new fleet.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 352
# 83
12-05-2012, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bortjinx View Post
The KDF content is a vicious circle. More people would play it if it was a proper faction with comparable content to the Feds, but they won't put that content in because not enough people play it.
More people would play it if they got rid of that horrid UI color of theres. Many have stated that is the only reason they are not on it more. I love my KDF toons, I own a large majority of the Cstore items the KDF offer.. Can't stand staying on it long. It was a nice touch trying to more Customize the UI for it, But I can't Fking stand it.
Proud Fleet Commander in Garfon's Renegades!
Proud Leader of the Massive Chaos Group
Proud Listener of Subspace-Radio.net The Voice of Star Trek Online.
http://massivechaos.enjin.com/
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,360
# 84
12-05-2012, 08:34 AM
They're heading for their house over there.

Read it, learn it, use it.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 352
# 85
12-05-2012, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanover2 View Post
They're heading for their house over there.

Read it, learn it, use it.
Nope. But it was a nice try to shift to going after my atrocious murder of our language
Proud Fleet Commander in Garfon's Renegades!
Proud Leader of the Massive Chaos Group
Proud Listener of Subspace-Radio.net The Voice of Star Trek Online.
http://massivechaos.enjin.com/
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,360
# 86
12-05-2012, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dariusmajere View Post
Nope. But it was a nice try to shift to going after my atrocious murder of our language
Condescending people should at least use decent grammar.
Commander
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 394
# 87
12-05-2012, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dariusmajere View Post
In this case, when the Company running the MMO Bluntly Said it. Trust me, If you think there is a better MMO out there, try to find out. Hell Lets look at another Sci-Fi themed Game. Star Wars. There Free 2 play model you are completely Crippled on and the Microtransaction model is way more then if you Subbed to the game. Sadly tho, they are now starting to show growth again, And profitability. Just like me, I paid for my Lifetime sub. It has more then paid for itself with the 12 characters on this account alone, then there is my wifes account who plays once in a while as well. She has yet to Lifetime for some unknown reason, but she Pays for her sub per month, and might log on 15 times a month. I know Better then to try to argue with it, Hell I offered to Lifetime her account, but she said no she was happy being gold, again, I know better then to argue with a woman, Logic is not a strong point at times. When they are happy, they are happy, when they are angry.. well, thats when we all are at a bar or elsewhere until the situation calms.
Ha! Well there we agree, it's never wise to upset a woman... Any woman, about anything. You'll pay for it, lol.

I'm Gold, but would upgrade to Lifetime if I had the spare cash, but I don't, so I have to pay monthly.

TOR's F2P model is horrific. I went back to take a look at it, and it made me giggle. One of my characters is a guild leader over there (only one remaining in the guild), but because I'm a 'Premium' player (free, but who bought the game) I don't even have access to the guild bank. Plus having to pay to be able to equip purple loot? Quality...

Back on topic though. It sounds like your small fleets survived basically because you were paying for it. You made some comment earlier about investing 120 million EC into the base in one way or another. How many people have that kind of money? Compared to the STO player base, probably about the same fraction that visits the forums. Namely, not many. So while you could support a small fleet base like that, no way can everyone, and it is those people who are feeling shafted the worst right now.

I'm impressed you've managed to play the exchange or whatever to make that much, but I don't think it is reasonable to expect everyone to have the time or patience to be able to do that. Yes, it might make building your starbase a bit more viable, but what if you can only log in every few days? You corner the market in something, repost everything on the exchange, then 2 days later you log in to discover that someone has undercut you and you've made nothing.

Also, 1300+ hours since S5? That is a hell of a lot of time considering S5 has only been out a year. Excluding weekends, that is 5 hours per day. If I was spending 5 hours per day playing, I'm sure I could do a lot in that time too, but not many people have that much time.
Commander
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 394
# 88
12-05-2012, 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanover2 View Post
Condescending people should at least use decent grammar.
I'll be fair...

His grammar is only partially his fault. He is trying to post from some mobile phone which is apparently crap at such things.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 352
# 89
12-05-2012, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanover2 View Post
Condescending people should at least use decent grammar.
So, how is this helping with fixing the Fleet requirements by going after how I type? Have you lost your ability to be civilized in the ways of dealing with the issue? I mean the Thread has fallen down to me and you and for the most part instead of showing ways to improve the situation you have just complained of the situation. I am guessing you ran out of words to say and have no actual ways to improve the situation.

But back onto Topic with the Addition of Fleet based Duty officers pack to help the fleets in there role, Maybe Cryptic Should put out a C-Store varient of a Fleet mark Booster. I know you can purchase the fleet mark boosters now from the Starbase, you can also Buy truck loads of Duty officers out of the starbase cheaply for fleet credits instead of having to drain Energy Credits. I have done it often and kept around 50K fleet Credits as my balance considering the ships I want are on average 20k Credits. So ontop of the fleet DOFF's the Starbase's Fleet Mark Booster and the Fleet Mark Event, Maybe how they have the XP Booster in the C-Store they add a additional Fleet mark booster you can purchase to help the fleets. Doffs in my opinion are fine because the Credits you get out of the fleet base can Purchase White doffs at 500 credits Each. Throw the ones you do not need on the Exchange to convert into EC.
Proud Fleet Commander in Garfon's Renegades!
Proud Leader of the Massive Chaos Group
Proud Listener of Subspace-Radio.net The Voice of Star Trek Online.
http://massivechaos.enjin.com/
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 352
# 90
12-05-2012, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bortjinx View Post
I'll be fair...

His grammar is only partially his fault. He is trying to post from some mobile phone which is apparently crap at such things.
Oh god no, I am thankfully back home and on my Gaming Rig. I would not be able to hammer out such quick replies if I was on the ipad or my nexus 7 which I use at work. My Grammar is just naturally horrible. But Personally I think if you can get your point across, you got your point across. Only until he ran into a dead end has he started to go after it, no one else has It's a deflecting way of admitting defeat
Proud Fleet Commander in Garfon's Renegades!
Proud Leader of the Massive Chaos Group
Proud Listener of Subspace-Radio.net The Voice of Star Trek Online.
http://massivechaos.enjin.com/
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:54 PM.